ICU, High Dependency, Clinics and Polyclinics for your kid

therock

My nephew is also warded for suspected Kawasaki's at KK.
I saw him on sunday afternoon, then my BIL brought him to KK the next morning since I suspected something unusual.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

Some Nanyang Primary classes to undergo HBL for next two days amid spike in children falling ill

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/nanyang-primary-pupils-urged-to-mask-up-practise-good-hygiene-amid-spike-in-children-falling-ill

According to news the viruses not COVID related so post it under this thread title. 👍

Quoted:

In her elder daughter’s Primary 5 class of about 40 pupils, 10 classmates had already fallen ill, according to the parents’ chat group.

“I think that it’s helpful and good that the school said that it is monitoring it (the situation). In the event that the numbers continue to climb, I suppose everyone will be prepared... (for) home-based learning,” she added.

Edited by Kopites

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Some Nanyang Primary classes to undergo HBL for next two days amid spike in children falling ill

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/nanyang-primary-pupils-urged-to-mask-up-practise-good-hygiene-amid-spike-in-children-falling-ill

According to news the viruses not COVID related so post it under this thread title. 👍

Quoted:

In her elder daughter’s Primary 5 class of about 40 pupils, 10 classmates had already fallen ill, according to the parents’ chat group.

“I think that it’s helpful and good that the school said that it is monitoring it (the situation). In the event that the numbers continue to climb, I suppose everyone will be prepared... (for) home-based learning,” she added.

my friend's kid also affected over weekend. Classmates had influenza A. But he recovered faster, so they decided no need to test for it.

• Praise 1

Just now, Lala81 said:

my friend's kid also affected over weekend. Classmates had influenza A. But he recovered faster, so they decided no need to test for it.

My boy class 7 out of 35 absented from  1st day of school after cny.

The form teacher was on medical leave as well. 🤣 

• Haha! 3

25 minutes ago, Kopites said:

My boy class 7 out of 35 absented from  1st day of school after cny.

The form teacher was on medical leave as well. 🤣 

Did the 7 go to cher house bai nian? 😁

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, mersaylee said:

Did the 7 go to cher house bai nian? 😁

Maybe YES, they got their 'ang bao' from cher. :XD:

• Haha! 1

It is strange, my daughter, sec 2, had flu symptom and headache yesterday. Art test negative. Today  wake up ok liao.. Don't know if she was infected, coz the manifest of symptoms to recovery is unusually fast.

• Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, Ender said:

It is strange, my daughter, sec 2, had flu symptom and headache yesterday. Art test negative. Today  wake up ok liao.. Don't know if she was infected, coz the manifest of symptoms to recovery is unusually fast.

Recently is flu season, many people tio flu symptoms and yet not covid. I am one of them also. Since CNY always rain and weather is cold, then just last week i suddenly feel chills and feel like sick, but tested ART for few days liao, all negative lo. Lol.

• Haha! 1

Covid infections are also up... be careful as less masking wearing probably means more respiratory cases..

• Praise 1

Ok, I was reading about SKH and it hit home today when I went to the Children's Emergency at NUH this evening.

Basically, my baby has been having cough and and fever since Sunday. Saw polyclinic Monday and was told to go there is it's worse after five days.. 

So we join the hordes, and yes, it was a huge crowd.. like no seats... waiting time for adults was 6 hours, 3 for kids.

They did the oxygen saturation and it was low - 86-89%, so that kind of moved me up.

Due to the sats, we went in, got seen, then went for blood tests and X Rays, and I then waited at the adult side, where the X Ray was. Again, those who have been there for a while are not exactly what I would call life threatening. 

A doctor in uniform was also amongst the crowd, and so were a few staff. 

To cut a long story short, my kid had some bronchiolitis, and was given some ventolin, and the usual fever meds. They actually don't encourage cough meds which suppress cough - cough or vomit out the phlegm they say.. they offered some antibiotics but the senior doctor said it's more to ease parents' minds than a real need as it was most likely viral.  I spent about 3.5 hours there, from registration to discharge. 

I'm sure there are patients I did't overhear with more serious conditions, but my impression was that the serious ones did get seen in due course, despite the crazy crowds.. 

Just my 2c worth.

Edited by therock
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1