Why do parents in Singapore risk their children's safety by not having a child seat in the car?

Watwheels

1 hour ago, yishunite said:

More than once i seen parents with their kids on their lap sitting in front seat... this level of stupidity i feel sorry for kid... unfit parent showing them wrong behaviour

But ya kid refuse to go in childseat is stupid excuse. Parents so useless cannot just say ok you stay home we go? Very fast kid will diam diam sit

Once i stopped at the traffic light and saw the car on my right, the toddler was jumping around the front seat on the (unbelted) mother's lap n mother smiling away maciam whole thing damn cute liddat

Caught their attention n pointed to my seat belt as a gesture they shld belt up. The mofo husband got angry, pointed middle finger at me n quickly sped off the lights......lol

Oh well....Darwinism at work 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 5

2 hours ago, yishunite said:

More than once i seen parents with their kids on their lap sitting in front seat... this level of stupidity i feel sorry for kid... unfit parent showing them wrong behaviour

But ya kid refuse to go in childseat is stupid excuse. Parents so useless cannot just say ok you stay home we go? Very fast kid will diam diam sit

or a small dog on driver's lap. 

how many self-proclaimed dog lovers will belt up their dogs when in a car? 

https://www.forbes.com/wheels/accessories/best-dog-seat-belts-car-harnesses/

Edited by Shibadog
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

57 minutes ago, Soya said:

Once i stopped at the traffic light and saw the car on my right, the toddler was jumping around the front seat on the (unbelted) mother's lap n mother smiling away maciam whole thing damn cute liddat

Caught their attention n pointed to my seat belt as a gesture they shld belt up. The mofo husband got angry, pointed middle finger at me n quickly sped off the lights......lol

Oh well....Darwinism at work 

Pity the all the kids who gets injured by such parents. All I can say is they are suay to the max for having been born in such a family. 

21 hours ago, Soya said:

Being flung off n get seriously injured or killed is definitely one way to stop the non-stop crying....

not when u bombard them with police will catch u if u are naughty 

and we arrive at the gruelsome truth that if u dont belt down you may died.

After that the kid just dont trust what u said or remotely know when u telling the truth and when u are lying

• Haha! 2

9 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Wait for the steering airbag to blow, then the dog will be plastered to the owners face. 🤣

You've seen videos with cars that pack their dashboards with toys, and other stuff.. some of them look pretty sharp...

Imagine one of these impaling the driver... 

• Haha! 2

37 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

After that the kid just dont trust what u said or remotely know when u telling the truth and when u are lying

That's TV polis 

Our polis ride bicycle n drive corolla. Where got scary?.....lol

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

or having a bike with side car...LOL

thought of getting a motorcycle with a sidecar. but cannot go expressway....

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Oh .. I din noe that.. 

thanks for sharing 

4 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Get a PMD la... can go expressway and immunity from traffic offences :D 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 12/7/2022 at 4:31 AM, Watwheels said:

Very easy to "convince" your child so that he/she will not cry.

My youngest at one point also started to yaya papaya dont want to get on the child seat and strap in. He was standing on the floor just behind where I am sitting. I was still in the parking lot, so I move forward a little and jam brake. Of course he loses his footing and fell. Me and wife go, "orh...see lah", after that he just stay in his seat and never tried to be funny.

If wanna cry, we will just get off the car everyone watch you cry. We wont move/drive until you stop crying. Only takes a while, stop crying liao. Anyway for my children they know I dont take their nonsense. Very rarely will give me trouble. From young they know have to buckle up or we go no where.

I did that to my daughter as well. She asked why must wear seat belt. 

At carpark, just release the brake and jam on it. She was seated and she got flung off her seat. I turn around and ask so you understand now. Nod head, went back to her car seat and buckle herself. 

When she was much younger, she will cry all the way too. And worst she will cry until she puke. Nothing we can do until we reached out destination. Sometimes just don't feel like going out with her in the car.

• Haha! 1

On 12/8/2022 at 8:39 AM, Sdf4786k said:

you shouldn't scare kids with police nowadays, because police are pretty much useless nowadays :D 

• Haha! 4

My kids will belt up when we go out, 1 of them needs booster seat but when I need to ferry my sis, mum, wife n 2 kids... my 2 kids are "free" at the rear. Looking at 7 seaters car but my mind keeps telling me, "all expenses are going up, u might lose your job, u do not have the money." 

I agree, I am 1 of the idiot parents. :D Dreaming of Mon and Thur. 

Edited by jcmm
↡ Advertisement