Family in Germany

Wind30

My last trip in June to France after covid, I did not really get any photos I really really liked which was quite disappointing.

I got one really good photo this trip. This is probably my best photo of the trip.

2022, Fussen, Germany._A7F3810-2_2.thumb.jpg.e92f577c52afa596c33c060cf1334490.jpg

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 29

Funny thing is we did not even managed to see the famous castle because of the weather. too much snow so no bus and the queue to for horse ride was too long.

7 hours ago, Wind30 said:

My last trip in June to France after covid, I did not really get any photos I really really liked which was quite disappointing.

I got one really good photo this trip. This is probably my best photo of the trip.

2022, Fussen, Germany._A7F3810-2_2.thumb.jpg.e92f577c52afa596c33c060cf1334490.jpg

Lol take from so far. Your girl still doesn't want to be in the photo? 

8 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Nice. Enjoy your holiday trip.👍

Just back last from Germany Christmas market hopping, this is the second time in Munich I missed to go to Fussen to see that Neuwenstein Castle, since tourist information told me no more ticket to go to castle same issue like last time even now no mainland tourist. It didn't snowing Munich for 3 days we stayed there but raining damn sian.

I love Christmass Market in Erfurt and the best flame grilled salmon in Leipzig Christmass market in my opinion.

IMG_3074.thumb.jpeg.a6ebac1c4974ec858213805562654de8.jpeg

73CB71CE-0962-4792-AC7C-2EB6808D8522-2853-00000171B4AD6D13.jpg

• Praise 10

My most memorable city in Germany is Dresden. Used to be known as the "the Florence on the Elbe", it was once Europe's most beautiful city before the war. Now they had built it back, but it still has the old time charm that you can cannot find in city like Berlin or Munich. It also has a beautiful Xmas market.......

But not many people go there it seems.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 6

20 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Funny thing is we did not even managed to see the famous castle because of the weather. too much snow so no bus and the queue to for horse ride was too long.

Can be quite a good walk if your family ok with that. I have been to fussen all 4 seasons except summer. I always walk from train station ->hohenschwangau-> neuschwanstein ->marienbrucke and back. From my memory cos its all like almost 20 years ago when I was living in Munich.

Btw, hands up if any of you think german doner kebab is the best. Best value for money travel food, I could eat it everyday.

• Praise 1

im in stuttgart and munich the next 4 days

duno where to go

any recommendations?

2 nights stuttgart and 3 nights in munich

Edit: 

Arrived today from Lichtenstein and went to Porsche museum. Whole day free tomorrow and leaving for Munich after tomorrow night.

Edited by Wildfaye29
Adds info
  • Praise 3

5 hours ago, Wildfaye29 said:

duno where to go

any recommendations?

Edit: 

Arrived today from Lichtenstein and went to Porsche museum. Whole day free tomorrow and leaving for Munich after tomorrow night.

Merc museum, BMW factory tour and drink beer in English Garden

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Merc museum, BMW factory tour and drink beer in English Garden

When I was in Germany, the only museum I wanted to go was Auschwitz over at Poland.  Took a bus to Krakow (nice city btw) and eventually Auschwitz.

It was a very memorable trip for the fear it had on me.  Forget about being scare by Halloween nights at USS.  Auschwitz is the real deal, for  the fear came not from fake scary monsters but by the millions of dead people there.  Every step that I took inside the compound felt heavy, especially when I was in front of the infamous Death Wall.  The fear was real....it had some unseen energy there. 

My mindset changed after that. We are lucky to be born over this part of the world, but yet we complain over small issues and fight over trivial matters. People need to be kinder to each other.  If one still don't get it, then make a trip to Auschwitz ......they will feel blessed to be just alive.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 7

9 hours ago, Wildfaye29 said:

duno where to go

any recommendations?

Edit: 

we went to the merc museum, illusion museum in stuttgart.

The illusion museum because it is right beside our hotel. it is very small but interesting if you have kids.

Munich if there is fresh snow, hofgarten for the trees. Maybe by your time the English garden has enough snow to sled on the hill. We wanted to go there but too lazy to walk....

_A7_1543.jpg

_DSC2758.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 7

One thing about Germans, they did not destroy many of the old towns when they conquered a place, I see France, Poland still have some old towns. Germany seems to be like totally destroyed in ww2

Last week , drove a LNIB Tiguan diesel (400km) from Munchen to Austria (Solden)..Shiok😅

Can fit 3 full sized luggage at the back.. Rented for 5 days at Sgd140/day all inclusive of petrol and insurance..

Nice relaxing drive and smooth traffic all the way to Austria..

VW nav really sibei tok kong.. accurate and precise..

4ECB3204-25C8-4D15-9999-F08B3596552A.jpeg

DD53B192-9BF1-4106-A477-70AF966E2088.jpeg

F01B6906-D832-4B75-ACF7-A3E77EF6781C.jpeg

F6EBCCDD-61C6-4817-AF15-545F1FA163D6.jpeg

Edited by Freeder
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11