Family in Germany

Wind30

9 hours ago, Wind30 said:

I agree also. Driving in Germany is pretty nice, compared to our France trip in June. France is bad because of tolls and the insanely small hotel car parks. 

Insanely small car parks I totally agree... ha ha...

16 hours ago, Wildfaye29 said:

u and your dad must have run into a south east asian driver

my experience was much better

200kmh smooth smooth everyone will auto give way, no need to flash or horn

cars exit from slip road, everyone in lane will slow down or auto move to next lane to allowing merging car to merge in, even i see liao i also follow, so considerate, no flashes no horn, no birdies

No it's cos we slowed down for no reason on the overtaking lane... probably dangerous... that's why....

5 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

i have planned a 2 week trip in Feb and both my daughters are joining me and wifey....i want a "portable" camera that is able to capture some night shots...i know my XR definitely unable to...maybe will get a Fuji T series...small and compact...anyway. my DSLR is more than 10 yrs old and probably the lens are already mouldy inside..:yeah-im-not-drunk:

let's see, I still have a mth to search for a camera...will have a look at Sony as well now....:yeah-im-not-drunk:...thanks 

I will recommend the Sony A-6500... very compact with insanely good autofocus with great night shot... also ridiculously expensive... don't buy the kit lens but get the also insanely expensive Zeiss 16-70 mm lens...

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Low light photography is a lot of computation leh.

Depends on how the camera does it... the normal digital cameras still depend on their sensors to capture as much light as possible while tuning the sensitivity of the sensor... whereas phone night modes use software to stack the multiple captured images to reduce noise and and increase dynamic range for better output... the latter will require lots of computing power which a phone's SOC can certainly manage... less so perhaps for a normal digital camera who's processing units are primed for maximum speed readouts of the sensor and higher data capture rather than manipulation of the software since photographers tend to prefer less software interference at the point of capture... but there are such night modes on digital cameras also... depends on what you like lor... 

For me with two little kids, convenience trumps any image quality... can get a shot is good enough...

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Depends on how the camera does it... the normal digital cameras still depend on their sensors to capture as much light as possible while tuning the sensitivity of the sensor... whereas phone night modes use software to stack the multiple captured images to reduce noise and and increase dynamic range for better output... the latter will require lots of computing power which a phone's SOC can certainly manage... less so perhaps for a normal digital camera who's processing units are primed for maximum speed readouts of the sensor and higher data capture rather than manipulation of the software since photographers tend to prefer less software interference at the point of capture... but there are such night modes on digital cameras also... depends on what you like lor... 

For me with two little kids, convenience trumps any image quality... can get a shot is good enough...

For young kids, the best always phone camera.  You don't have time to take out camera from bag

• Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Yes u are right.
Not talking about accuracy, but just night cityscape algorithmic HDR image stacking is where computational photography shines.

If taking portraits in low light etc, then get the glass/body. The phone's small sensors and lack of DOF will impair it significantly.

If one has the time and interest to PP, then by all means go ahead with traditional cameras. 

Phones eating up all the basic retail consumer demand for basic prosumer mirrorless devices. Eventually all that will be left are the higher end prosumer imaging. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

For young kids, the best always phone camera.  You don't have time to take out camera from bag

Sometimes getting out the phone from the pocket also difficult... especially when your hands are full with backpack, water bottle, stroller, snacks... ha ha...

• Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Sometimes getting out the phone from the pocket also difficult... especially when your hands are full with backpack, water bottle, stroller, snacks... ha ha...

photos are nice for memories. But just being there, can see it live also very good lah. I don't take that many photos of my kids compared to some parents lol.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

photos are nice for memories. But just being there, can see it live also very good lah. I don't take that many photos of my kids compared to some parents lol.

we literally don't do much in our vacations. just take photos and laze around in the hotel mainly. Visit some stuff but it is like 1 at most 2 attractions a day...

• Praise 2

A cinematic crop series. 2.35:1 crop.

Lake Kognisee

Germany_01.jpg

Germany_02.jpg

Zugspitze

Germany_03.jpg

Germany_04.jpg

Fussen

Germany_05.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 2

Does the photos work?

Germany_11.jpg

Germany_12.jpg

Germany_13.jpg

Germany_14.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 4

33 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Does the photos work?

Germany_11.jpg

Germany_12.jpg

Germany_13.jpg

Germany_14.jpg

👍 Need just as much skill and artistic eyes to get good shot as to get good crop of the photos...

i have the privilege to meet someone who's good in that regard...he'll frame his shot with square, portrait, landscape, panoramic, 4x3, 3x4 etc in his mind while taking his shots...photoshop will be much easier to fit any photo frame sizes he says 😁

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

👍 Need just as much skill and artistic eyes to get good shot as to get good crop of the photos...

i have the privilege to meet someone who's good in that regard...he'll frame his shot with square, portrait, landscape, panoramic, 4x3, 3x4 etc in his mind while taking his shots...photoshop will be much easier to fit any photo frame sizes he says 😁

I did not shoot my photos with a specific frame in mind. Shoot and think later. One thing I need to fix is to not shoot wide open all the time… 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Yeah I understand you... I also don't... but usually I just take 3-4 statement family  photos for each place of visit... even that is tough enough... getting kids to look at the camera or phone is not easy... ha ha...

↡ Advertisement