Family in Germany

Wind30

3 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

btw, which part of scandi? I am heading to Bergen/Tromso in Feb 

Helsinki>Rovaniemi >Inari > kirkiness > Tromso > Oslo > Bergen > Helsinki …… average stay 1-2 days per location …… Feb month fares/ accommodation should be cheaper for sure 

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Helsinki>Rovaniemi >Inari > kirkiness > Tromso > Oslo > Bergen > Helsinki …… average stay 1-2 days per location …… Feb month fares/ accommodation should be cheaper for sure 

wow..nice....

I am spending 2.5 weeks there - but I am spending a longer period in Bergen and Tromso.....like 4 days in Bergen, 6 days in Tramso, then a few days in Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen...

yes, wife got a good deal on the air tickets...

after this....let's see...hahahah

21 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

wow..nice....

I am spending 2.5 weeks there - but I am spending a longer period in Bergen and Tromso.....like 4 days in Bergen, 6 days in Tramso, then a few days in Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen...

yes, wife got a good deal on the air tickets...

after this....let's see...hahahah

I really really recommend lofoten island if u are visiting Norway. Maybe winter might be too cold though but lofoten is really stunning. I have been there in April and June. The mood there is very different from like Bergen.

I have never been to tromso though. I chose lofoten twice over tromso. Tromso is even further north than lofoten. 

Edited by Wind30

On 12/27/2022 at 1:58 AM, BanCoe said:

Skies are so gloomy already with rain / snow ……. I have not even seen the or kissed the sun in almost 10 days already in Scandinavia  but did finally catch the Aurora Borealis 2 days back …… I prefer red for sure 

But whole Germany trip 2 weeks only have sun on the last day… 

the northern lights are very nice. I seen it in Iceland and the display was huge. 

3 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I really really recommend lofoten island if u are visiting Norway. Maybe winter might be too cold though but lofoten is really stunning. I have been there in April and June. The mood there is very different from like Bergen.

I have never been to tromso though. I chose lofoten twice over tromso. Tromso is even further north than lofoten. 

yes, we did explore the option as well and wifey says is a bit risky and dangerous to drive to Lofoten during winter, hence we scrape that thots...maybe our next vacation for the summer... :-))

27 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

yes, we did explore the option as well and wifey says is a bit risky and dangerous to drive to Lofoten during winter, hence we scrape that thots...maybe our next vacation for the summer... :-))

Is tromso easier to drive? Never been to tromso but the roads to lofoten is very well built and stunning. Main concern for me will be weather which will affect both tromso and lofoten. 
I probably won’t drive to both tromso and lofoten in mid winter 🙂

2 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Is tromso easier to drive? Never been to tromso but the roads to lofoten is very well built and stunning. Main concern for me will be weather which will affect both tromso and lofoten. 
I probably won’t drive to both tromso and lofoten in mid winter 🙂

not driving, domestic flight....yes, driving is too risky in lofoten and tromso in winter 

3 hours ago, Wind30 said:

But whole Germany trip 2 weeks only have sun on the last day… 

the northern lights are very nice. I seen it in Iceland and the display was huge. 

I only saw the sun yesterday in train from Oslo to Bergen for about 1 hours …… was intense and then Kenna makan by snow/clouds/ fogs or “ haze” as they call it here 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

I took a private driver taxi (4 of us) did not want to risk the snow /fog LHD too during some legs of the journey…… trains are very good too and central to the big cities and can find reasonable priced hotels in city centre like Oslo/Bergen/Helsinki ….. Rovaniemi was a challenge ( we stayed at AirBnB) 

• Praise 2

20 hours ago, BanCoe said:

I only saw the sun yesterday in train from Oslo to Bergen for about 1 hours …… was intense and then Kenna makan by snow/clouds/ fogs or “ haze” as they call it here 

yeah, closer to feb is better, read is like 5 hrs...

20 hours ago, BanCoe said:

I took a private driver taxi (4 of us) did not want to risk the snow /fog LHD too during some legs of the journey…… trains are very good too and central to the big cities and can find reasonable priced hotels in city centre like Oslo/Bergen/Helsinki ….. Rovaniemi was a challenge ( we stayed at AirBnB) 

wife have booked everything....hahaahah

• Haha! 1

went camera hunting the last few days...

saw the Sony A6500 - was informed is not weatherproof - the places we are going a little bit risky, it should be fine but there is always a risk...

was told that most of the Sony models are not weatherproof - hence thinking...

Saw another Fuji model XS - Unfortunately also not weatherproof as well...only higher end FJ are WP...haaaiiiiii

48 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

went camera hunting the last few days...

saw the Sony A6500 - was informed is not weatherproof - the places we are going a little bit risky, it should be fine but there is always a risk...

was told that most of the Sony models are not weatherproof - hence thinking...

Saw another Fuji model XS - Unfortunately also not weatherproof as well...only higher end FJ are WP...haaaiiiiii

I have used a LOT of cameras over the years, in rain, in snow on vacation. Assuming you are not the super adventurous, I don't have any cameras that died on me because of weather.

Granted my old nikon DSLRs seemed more weather proof, my entry level sony A73 has stood up to the elements. I travel with a hooded jacket when when it rains slightly, I put on my hood and my camera gets wet. If it pours, I put my camera in the backpack. But my camera is always out in the snow when I capture snow shots and when the snow melts, it also get wet. 

The ONLY thing is the viewfiner gets stuck sometimes when water gets into the eye sensor so you need to take out the eye piece protector and wipe dry the sensor.

Having said that, I used to shoot with my nikons EVEN when it is pouring and I haven't tried that since with my sonys. Conclusion is, if your camera just get a bit wet from snow or light rain, I think sony is perfectly fine. If you the kind like to shoot when it is pouring, your camera is literally dripping water for over 10 mins, maybe need weatherproofing. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

I have used a LOT of cameras over the years, in rain, in snow on vacation. Assuming you are not the super adventurous, I don't have any cameras that died on me because of weather.

Granted my old nikon DSLRs seemed more weather proof, my entry level sony A73 has stood up to the elements. I travel with a hooded jacket when when it rains slightly, I put on my hood and my camera gets wet. If it pours, I put my camera in the backpack. But my camera is always out in the snow when I capture snow shots and when the snow melts, it also get wet. 

The ONLY thing is the viewfiner gets stuck sometimes when water gets into the eye sensor so you need to take out the eye piece protector and wipe dry the sensor.

Having said that, I used to shoot with my nikons EVEN when it is pouring and I haven't tried that since with my sonys. Conclusion is, if your camera just get a bit wet from snow or light rain, I think sony is perfectly fine. If you the kind like to shoot when it is pouring, your camera is literally dripping water for over 10 mins, maybe need weatherproofing. 

me as well....DSLR days....just take out and shoot....dun care rain or shine or snow...:-))

↡ Advertisement