Vios NCP93 Maintenance

awhtc

I just changed my air-con valve and condenser and thoroughly flushed the piping system.  Thereafter, I topped it up with new air con gas and oil.  It costs me a whopping $830 😐

There was a leak and since it is an old car already, I might as well just change the old parts in case they fail again.  I hope it last me for many more years.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

On checking the photos of the parts again, I guess the work involves the changing of the expansion valve, evaporator and condenser.  My dashboard had to be removed.

The other quotes I got from the workshop were quite slight cheaper than market rates so I guess the price is reasonable.  However, it is the overall quantum for the repair that is expensive.

I suppose once coolant start to leak, it is better to change out the very old parts in my COE car all at once rather than trying to change one part at a time to see if that works.

• Praise 1

I also changed my clutch at another workshop for $180 labour cost but I also added about $60 for wheel alignment since the front suspension could be affected during the repair.  The clutch set was purchased in Malaysia for around S$80 only.  With most major repairs done over the past 1 year+, I guess my COE car is good to go for another 3-4 years.

• Praise 2

Just sharing that the older Toyota Vios NCP93 tends to have this screeching sound during car start-up.

It is a sign that the engine belt pulley bearings are wearing out.  It costs less than $100 to replace inclusive of part and labour.

↡ Advertisement