Complex Braddell-Upper Serangoon-Bartley road junction to be simplified

Raubern

6 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Same with ERP2 screw up. Those LTA directors still collecting their pay checks and everything else is other people’s fault! 

ERP even more power.

Used taxpayer money to build it then use it to suck more money from you. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

So let me understand this correctly: someone cost the taxpayers extra money to build a more complicated junction in the past and now the taxpayers are going to pay again to simplify it and it’s being spun as an “improvement”?

Yeah they do things never think one

30 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

Yeah they do things never think one

They got think la but most likely not using their brain to think. 🙄

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Same with ERP2 screw up. Those LTA directors still collecting their pay checks and everything else is other people’s fault! 

LTA CE keep on changing. Who can ensure accountability?
🤭

On 12/23/2022 at 11:54 PM, 107fan said:

More priority should be given to

1. Fix Newton circus stupid traffic lights first

2. Attend to potholes faster. Dont wait for oneservice report only, road maintenance should be proactive

I had used Newton Rd circle junction past one half year regularly & found it easy to navigate whereby vehicular traffic are heavy tailgate from Bugis to Rochor to Newton and to drive and Newton circle to Bukit Timah are stressful , better to use the overhead flyover instead unless one is turning into Newton Rd to Thomson Rd/ Novena vicinity.

Partly due to U turn@@Balmoral, Steven Rd, Adam rd should be clear runway. Matter of getting use to it, there are seaway escapers side road ( Chancery Lane- Thomson Medical & Balmoral rd to Anderson to Orchard, this part is worse traffic b4 Covid is causing Mayhem silly stupid Jams

5 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

I had used Newton Rd circle junction past one half year regularly & found it easy to navigate whereby vehicular traffic are heavy tailgate from Bugis to Rochor to Newton and to drive and Newton circle to Bukit Timah are stressful , better to use the overhead flyover instead unless one is turning into Newton Rd to Thomson Rd/ Novena vicinity.

Partly due to U turn@@Balmoral, Steven Rd, Adam rd should be clear runway. Matter of getting use to it, there are seaway escapers side road ( Chancery Lane- Thomson Medical & Balmoral rd to Anderson to Orchard, this part is worse traffic b4 Covid is causing Mayhem silly stupid Jams

On 12/24/2022 at 8:50 AM, Mkl22 said:

Newton no need lights or markings. Just cheong! That’s why it’s a roundabout in the first place. Bigger roundabouts in Paris and Italy work fine. 
those who complain and cannot drive there means they cannot make it. 🤣

The fact that a roundabout even has traffic lights inside it is ridiculous - the number 1 rule of a roundabout is that no vehicles should stop once entered, and all vehicles waiting to enter the roundabout should give way until clear to enter. It only has 2 rules, that simple.

I cant count the number of times I had to figure out which traffic light i should be looking at when I am going to Bt Timah road or to Keng lee road. 

And also, the fact you put traffic lights will not solve the issue of goondu drivers who try to make sudden exits from outer lanes. A roundabout is self regulating. If they really want to curb the traffic at newton circus, move the traffic lights further away from (before) the roundabout, not put them inside it!

Anyway, not going to stray off topic of Braddell/UP junction anymore

• Haha! 4

11 hours ago, 107fan said:

The fact that a roundabout even has traffic lights inside it is ridiculous - the number 1 rule of a roundabout is that no vehicles should stop once entered, and all vehicles waiting to enter the roundabout should give way until clear to enter. It only has 2 rules, that simple.

I cant count the number of times I had to figure out which traffic light i should be looking at when I am going to Bt Timah road or to Keng lee road. 

And also, the fact you put traffic lights will not solve the issue of goondu drivers who try to make sudden exits from outer lanes. A roundabout is self regulating. If they really want to curb the traffic at newton circus, move the traffic lights further away from (before) the roundabout, not put them inside it!

Actually why they cannot redo the newton circus to become a traffic junction instead of a roundabout? Like that drivers no need to get confused and dont know what to do in this roundabout.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, 107fan said:

Solution is to remove the goondu drivers for good! How?

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Actually why they cannot redo the newton circus to become a traffic junction instead of a roundabout? Like that drivers no need to get confused and dont know what to do in this roundabout.

Junction with 6 entries/exits? Sure but better ask the Paris LTA engineers to design it. 

• Haha! 5

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

It’s the drivers, not the roundabout.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

ya, should just do that maybe

Sg drivers only deserve mini roundabouts like the one at Hillview and Circuit road. LOL! Any bigger than that, all hell break loose

31 minutes ago, 107fan said:

Sg drivers only deserve mini roundabouts like the one at Hillview and Circuit road. LOL! Any bigger than that, all hell break loose

A lot of drivers might not notice mini roundabout 

1 hour ago, 107fan said:

Drivers in sg even mini roundabout also cannot make it. Never give way before entering the roundabout and never give way to cars already inside the roundabout. I can see that in the roundabout infront of the whampoa hawker centre. That roundabout is very dangerous.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Braddell-Upper Serangoon-Bartley road junction simplified, opened to motorists

SINGAPORE – Motorists should have an easier time navigating the busy and complex Braddell-Upper Serangoon-Bartley road junction now that it has been reconfigured for use since 5.30am on Saturday.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/braddell-upper-serangoon-bartley-road-junction-simplified-opened-to-motorists

• Praise 1

On 5/7/2023 at 8:09 AM, 13177 said:

Only when many accidents happened then they really do something about it. LTA really useless.

Rather useless drivers.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 5/7/2023 at 9:32 AM, inlinesix said:

Rather useless drivers.

Both also useless lo.

• Praise 1