At least 6 dead & more than 30 injured in expressway fire in South Korean city near Seoul Among the wounded, 3 are reported to be in critical condition.

Fitvip

MSnews in fb

At least 6 dead & more than 30 injured in expressway fire in South Korean city near Seoul

Among the wounded, 3 are reported to be in critical condition.

Over 50 fire trucks and helicopters combined and 140 firefighters were dispatched to the scene of the disaster.

image.png.645df3791c318b8d01d2a93b4504d744.png

At least 37 people were injured, Reuters reported earlier, before the death toll rose from five to six.

The incident was first reported to the authorities at 1:50pm. The fire was believed to have started with a collision between a cargo truck and a bus outside of the tunnel.

A huge plume of smoke and orange flames could be seen in the above footage of the scene.

The casualties include passengers on the bus. Among the wounded, three are reported to be in critical condition.

Over 50 fire trucks and helicopters combined were dispatched to the scene of the disaster with 140 firefighters, following a second-stage emergency response order by the fire department.

Authorities are looking further into the degree of damage caused by the incident.

Top Image via @koryodynasty/Twitter

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 3
  • Sad 3

it seems like a “trend” that sure something big something “terrible” always happen in the last few days of the year … 

many major events did occurred in the last week of the end of the year … macam prophecy

Edited by Wt_know
  • Sad 1

Last time I was at S.Korea someone there told me all of their commercial vehicles use CNG. It started back in the 90s or smth, cant remember. They adopted it earlier than any other countries for their green initiative.

The commercial vehicles carry the highly pressurized tanks. I wonder if this could have caused the explosion and massive fire when the bus and truck collided.

↡ Advertisement