S'pore police rescue woman trapped in Clementi home toilet for 4 days

Fitvip

MSnews.

What would you do in such a situation?

S'pore police rescue woman trapped in Clementi home toilet for 4 days

image.png.3faea65838b850c910200ae583d7db57.png

It is all in a day's work for police officers to tackle crime and keep residents safe.

This includes responding to a case of a missing person.

Missing person case

On the evening of Nov. 27, two policemen — Ibnu Musalli and Miqdad Fisall — received a call for police assistance after a woman had been reported missing.

The person who called for assistance was the relative of the missing woman.

According to the relative, the missing woman had been uncontactable for the past four days and it seemed like her mobile phone was switched off.

Ibnu said: "He (the relative) had even gone to her apartment unit to make checks but had gotten no response from her."

The policemen headed down to the woman's apartment in Clementi and made enquiries with the neighbours who also said that they had not seen her for three or four days.

They also noticed that there were some delivery parcels that had been left outside her house.

Ibnu shared that based on their "instincts and experience", they feel that the woman might still be in her home. However, she may be in a condition where she would not be able to respond.

Miqdad added: "As we were speaking to the neighbours, we heard some faint rapping sounds coming from the other side of the wall."

With the help of a security guard, the policemen managed to swiftly gain access to the woman's apartment.

Sounds from toilet

They noticed that the knocking grew louder as they entered the house and it seemed to be coming from the toilet.

Miqdad then exclaimed: "Miss, we are the police! We're here to help you!"

Fortunately, they heard a response.

As it turns out, the woman was trapped in the toilet as the door handle was dislodged.

Thankfully for her, they managed to force open the door and let her out.

After getting dressed, she told the police officer that she had been stuck in the toilet for the past four days.

Desperate times

As she had no means of communication or escape, she desperately knocked on the walls hoping for someone to come and rescue her.

Miqdad said that the woman suffered no visible injuries and was attended to by the paramedics.

"I remember the tears of relief she had when she thanked us for rescuing her. It’s an interesting incident for sure. It showed me what it feels like to give hope to people," he said.

You can read the full encounter on the Singapore Police Force's Instagram post here:

Top image from @singaporepoliceforce on Instagram and Unsplash. Image is for illustration purposes only.

image.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 3
  • Sad 1

If she stayed alone, actually she don't have to lock the toilet.

Next time my children will use this article to reason why they should bring their mobile to the toilet.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 7

That happened to my family before I think with our toilet too. Lucky someone was at home and took the key to unlock it from the outside. 

my wife was also stuck outside the backyard once when all of us went to sleep. She was shouting for 15 mins until I woke up… my daughter bedroom was just above the backyard but she apparently just ignored my wife….

Edited by Wind30
  • Haha! 10

8 minutes ago, Ender said:

If she stayed alone, actually she don't have to lock the toilet.

Next time my children will use this article to reason why they should bring their mobile to the toilet.

Sometimes u don’t have to lock. The lever just fail and cannot open door…

• Haha! 1

4 days really jiat sai. Must be a scary incident though. Glad she was found.

But couldn't figure how a dislodged handle cannot be put back and turn the latch. 

My wife also locked herself in the toilet twice but that due to the key got flipped as she pushed the handle. It's hard to explain and we decide just to remove the damn keys.

• Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

4 days really jiat sai. Must be a scary incident though. Glad she was found.

But couldn't figure how a dislodged handle cannot be put back and turn the latch. 

My wife also locked herself in the toilet twice but that due to the key got flipped as she pushed the handle. It's hard to explain and we decide just to remove the damn keys.

Reminds me of long ago trip to NZ, farmhouse stay. I remember the bathroom/shower does not have a door, only curtain [laugh]

• Haha! 2

Always got hear people lock inside the toilet when the door handle/lock got spoilt suddenly, even in those public toilet.

For me, to avoid such thing from happening. Either dont lock the door or can even dont close the door fully when go toilet. Or bring a hp with you whenever you go toilet, if anything happen still can call for help. 😅

Actually dont lock the toilet door is the best, other then scare the toilet door cannot open suddenly, but also scare wait fell down or fainted inside the toilet, if the door is locked, family members also difficult to open the door to rescue you. Or due to door is locked, there might be some delay to render help.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

7 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

If I were her I would hose water out thru the toilet window to attract attention. Someone will report to police or town council then. 

Actually also depends on the design of the toilet window. For old type of flats, the toilet window is facing your opposite neighbour toilet and also bedroom window. So can scream for help, your neighbours from another floor sure can hear you. 

• Praise 1

Turns out this case involved a windowless toilet in a two-storey condo penthouse unit. No wonder the door so solid, cannot get out.

31 year old ATB new citizen staying alone, why need to close toilet door?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/i-don-t-fully-close-the-bathroom-door-any-more-woman-stuck-in-toilet-for-4-days-at-home-in-bukit-timah

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 4

19 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Turns out this case involved a windowless toilet in a two-storey condo penthouse unit. No wonder the door so solid, cannot get out.

31 year old ATB new citizen staying alone, why need to close toilet door?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/i-don-t-fully-close-the-bathroom-door-any-more-woman-stuck-in-toilet-for-4-days-at-home-in-bukit-timah

Windowless toilet ah? No wonder la. Anyway, 1 person stay in a 2 storey penthouse unit siah?! 

• Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Windowless toilet ah? No wonder la. Anyway, 1 person stay in a 2 storey penthouse unit siah?! 

Lots of rich PRC people now snap up private property here for investment or place for their children to stay.

The article mentioned that the trapped lady messages her parents every day because "they are in China".

Rich and stay alone with only a pet parrot for company leh. Till now no one asking "chio or not" [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 6