COE Bidding - January 2023

Carbon82

2 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

Yay!!!! lolll

PML is the best!! Last minute they topped up to $89k for me although sales agreement was only up to $85k.

Congrats on your new purchase and contributing to nation building 😬

usually AD will have some buffer to cater for COE bidding. Probably around 10% from last bid price depending on their margin.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

Hint: PML Cat A got which new car??

Congrats. Can share the price you gotten? 

Edited by Rayleigh

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

Congrats. Can share the price you gotten? 

No further discount from the show pricelist. But the trade in they offered was low so I opted to sell to others. In the end, after the show I told them how much C and M offered me and they agreed to match it. So that difference of about $8k was like additional discount in the end plus of cos the convenience of direct trade in with AD.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

X1 is under CAT A? Thought only 1 series and 2 series couple are under CAT A?

This X1 is a Cat A but with slightly higher output than 116 and 216.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, darviathan said:

Congrats on your new purchase and contributing to nation building 😬

usually AD will have some buffer to cater for COE bidding. Probably around 10% from last bid price depending on their margin.

Well to me, the black and white on my agreement was up to $85k beyond which customer need to top up. They could have stood by that if they wanted to but chose to ensure I got  COE. So I have nothing to complain. If u use the calculator app, their margin is around $15k which is pretty low for a conti car.

• Praise 2

14 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

Well to me, the black and white on my agreement was up to $85k beyond which customer need to top up. They could have stood by that if they wanted to but chose to ensure I got  COE. So I have nothing to complain. If u use the calculator app, their margin is around $15k which is pretty low for a conti car.

in this transaction, i believe you got a good deal. 

Congras again and also to all other who got their COE this month. A nice nice brand new car for the CNY!!!!

14 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

Based on LTA data, the margin is about 70k.

How come it is $15k for your car?

11 minutes ago, Themman said:

in this transaction, i believe you got a good deal. 

Congras again and also to all other who got their COE this month. A nice nice brand new car for the CNY!!!!

He just got COE yesterday, can manage to collect car before CNY? :o

• Haha! 1

23 minutes ago, 13177 said:

He just got COE yesterday, can manage to collect car before CNY? :o

I got my COE ytd. Delivery of car is next Friday, I thought considered fast already despite the CNY holidays ahead 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

believe BMW dealer makan his trade-in value and artificially inflated his new car discount, causing this type of illusion.

If BMW is selling newly released model for 15k margin, sun rise from the west lah.....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

26 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

believe BMW dealer makan his trade-in value and artificially inflated his new car discount, causing this type of illusion.

If BMW is selling newly released model for 15k margin, sun rise from the west lah.....

拉长补短

Reminds me of gst and help packages 

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I used this http://motorcal.co/car-arf-calculator.php to calculate their COGS, this is before other freebies like 1yr road tax, EYE 3.0 Pro dashcam, salesman comm, etc. From there will know their margin lor.... I not sure about LTA website, maybe they are based on list price? 

2 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

I have never had an issue with dealers making a profit, as long as it's reasonable and fair. They are a business after all.

Example of unfair: Audi A3 1.0 vs 1.5. Both cars have total basic cost that is only $5k difference yet the 1.5 is selling at $20k+ more. This means PA is eating the VES of the 1.5 instead of passing it to the buyer.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_pricing.php?CarCode=12895

Anyway the SE did tell me some other things la but maybe i have said too much already....

Edited by Kar_lover
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1