RIP Sim Wong Hoo

RadX

Last time build pc . Confirm need sound card 1.

And the only sound card i know that time is sound blaster. 

Then dun know which year. Suddenly build  pc dun need sound card anymore....

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1

Twincharged
4 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Most likely Died of Cancer or Heart Attack.😥

i would think the latter if it was sudden.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Last time build pc . Confirm need sound card 1.

And the only sound card i know that time is sound blaster. 

Then dun know which year. Suddenly build  pc dun need sound card anymore....

in 1997 intel developed AC97 codec that is embedded in the motherboard. That more or less took out the casual user of sound cards.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC'97
Then succeeded in 2004 by "HD audio".

But u could still use soundblaster cards then. I had an Audigy 2ZS which i used until the mid-late 2000s. But subsequently, i think windows 7 onwards starting to incorporate all these things into the OS so using hardware sound cards created problems after that. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 7

A Singapore legend. RIP.

The guy who came up with NUTS.

And this:

Creative founder Sim Wong Hoo advised entrepreneurs not to get married

He told Yahoo Finance in an interview in 2019 that having a family means not being able to take risks.

As such, his advice to other entrepreneurs was not to get married.

WORD.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 5
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Quite an early departure, is like only a few years after designated retirement age here in SG. That's why i always say 55-60 retire is best to guarantee some enjoyment of life, not just work till the last day. After 50, we should remain stress-free as much as possible and not so bothered by work matters anymore. Even if we resign and leave the next day, the job and the company will still be there running, maybe not so smooth at first, but still runs.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/lunch-with-sumiko-creative-technology-s-sim-wong-hoo-is-back-with-super-x-fi-getting-rave-reviews

going by this interview in 2019, i doubt he was having stress or unhealthy lifestyle. He did more than 50 marathons. 

• Sad 1

Having a soundblaster 16 in sec school when playing computer games in the days of DOS was epic. 

There was also Turtle Beach for those people from that era, though that fell by the wayside as Soundblaster destroyed the competition.

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/lunch-with-sumiko-creative-technology-s-sim-wong-hoo-is-back-with-super-x-fi-getting-rave-reviews

going by this interview in 2019, i doubt he was having stress or unhealthy lifestyle. He did more than 50 marathons. 

I think his body is under stress if he really did 50 marathons. His body weight is 77kg, and his not a big framed or talk person. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Having a soundblaster 16 in sec school when playing computer games in the days of DOS was epic. 

There was also Turtle Beach for those people from that era, though that fell by the wayside as Soundblaster destroyed the competition.

Only dinosaur like me will remember ad lib card.

• Haha! 3

Just now, Lala81 said:

haha u are a decade older than me mah.

If I remember correctly, Sound blaster was the one that killed Ad Lib card.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Quite an early departure, is like only a few years after designated retirement age here in SG. That's why i always say 55-60 retire is best to guarantee some enjoyment of life, not just work till the last day. After 50, we should remain stress-free as much as possible and not so bothered by work matters anymore. Even if we resign and leave the next day, the job and the company will still be there running, maybe not so smooth at first, but still runs.

My 2nd day of New Year was spent at the columbarium.

There, I was standing at the rows with the newer niches. I look at those niches and I realized that many of them did not pass 70.

To see it personally, it was like a relevation. Very sad. Nothing more need to be said.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 6

RIP Mr SIM.:a-rip:

Your Sound blaster has brought PC gaming to a new level when it was first launched.

still remembered being awed by the audio produced by it.

• Praise 3
  • Sad 1