Education getting softer in Singapore

Wind30

On 1/7/2023 at 9:50 PM, Macrosszero said:

I know a guy who needs to know how much other people are earning, how many months bonus they got, where they’re living, how many properties they have, what cars they’re driving, just to compare how well they are doing……it’s truly tiring to be around him. 

He works in IRS?

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Those words in bracket is the key. As good as saying no unless permitted. 

What is illegal is anything that is inciting disharmony.

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

What is illegal is anything that is inciting disharmony.

Or threatening the stability..... of gov 😋 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

First, you're assuming kids from non branded schools are underprivileged. It is not correct.

Second, social mobility refers to a change in a person's socio-economic status (i asked google and its correct :P)

Getting kids from neighbourhood schools into GEP program is not social mobility because it doesn't change anything about their socio-economic status and doesn't guarantee a change in their future socio-economic status.

but, a quality education (which non GEP offers too), a correct mindset, a good/can-do attitude, street smarts, high EQ and grabbing/making full use of chances/opportunities will give them a good shot at changing their life situation.

GEP is just to band kids with a higher learning ability together and give them a program that's tailored to hone their abilities.

… short response. I never assume anything or guarantee anything. It’s all about averages when designing policies for large numbers of people. 

• Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

… short response. I never assume anything or guarantee anything. It’s all about averages when designing policies for large numbers of people. 

Ave Rage.

Ask any honest ministar are they doing a good job?

They will wriggle away so fast...adequate results is jin ho liaole.

Why nobody ask CCs this question har?

Good job what, got ministar security follow in follow out, big paycheck, secure retirement, every erection sure up.🤭

1 hour ago, Datsun366 said:

Tears of hard work.

Simple formula. Work hard and pay attention in class. Attend all lessons, arrive on time. Works wonders no matter what socioeconomic class or disadvantage you have [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

10 hours ago, Jamesc said:

It's good to know the median.

The real problem is what if your girl is below the median?

Above the median can brag to relatives over CNY.

A bit below can ask ah girl girl to buck up a bit.

Right at the bottom then

OMG it's the end of the world.

3 quantum scientists have just won the Nobel prize for proving the world is not real and proving Einstein wrong.

This doesn't happen everyday.

Now that it has been proven the world is not real why get stressed out about it.

Why worry about education when the world is not even real?

In case anyone thinks I am talking nonsense.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Jamesc said:

The secret of life is don't compare.

Everybody life is different.

Why worry if you girl is a bit better in English and Math and not so good in Chinese?

Anybody stressed out if your girl runs a bit faster or a second or two slower?

Intelligence is over rated 

wisdom is under rated.

The smarter man got a bigger bonus and bought a 75 inch tv.

The wise man told him the only time you see how big a tv is is when it's switched off.

When you are watching tv you see the program you forget the size and the size doesn't matter. 

Very true.  Actually the secret to success is don't compare and do opposite of everyone else.

Best example is buy stocks when people selling and sell when people are buying.  If compare and see friends loading up all the big tech stocks and then also go buy, then sure all GG together at the start of 2022.

Edited by Starry
  • Haha! 1

32 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Why worry about education when the world is not even real?

In case anyone thinks I am talking nonsense.

Particle states can exist in a waveform. But if u have many particles in relation to one another, then the probability of the object being there becomes much higher. 

But yeah it is mind boggling. 

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Particle states can exist in a waveform. But if u have many particles in relation to one another, then the probability of the object being there becomes much higher. 

But yeah it is mind boggling. 

Yes exactly every atom exist as a particle and a wave at the same time.

The particle will exist in time and space and feel solid and at the same time the atom is a wave that does not exist in time and space and is connected to everyone and everything being everywhere all the time.

So when is an atom a particle and a wave?

The double slit experiment shows that the atom is a wave until someone observes it and then it becomes a particle and becomes solid in one space at one time.

This answers the question if a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear it does it make a sound? Quantum physics tells us the answer is no. The mind of the observer creates the sound, the forest and the tree.

This is where Einstein was wrong. His theory is that atoms are only particles and hence if a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear it Einstein says yes it makes a sound and this is where he was wrong.

The world is just infinite potential and we change the potential into reality when we observe it.

I suspect that if we have a pure mind that is kindness, compassion and tolerance then we create a good world or a world full of kindness, compassion and tolerance.

And if we had a selfish evil mind then we create a selfish and evil world.

So now what should education be then?

Maybe train the mind to be full of kindness, compassion and tolerance perhaps?

But its ok I also understand that the atom is also a particle

and hence we have to be creative, innovative and resilient

to compete so that companies come to SG and provide the high paying

high value jobs we all want to. 

Edited by Jamesc

So if our schools are not teaching us kindness, compassion and tolerance 

are they teaching us to be creative, innovative and resilient so

we can attract the top companies to SG?

I am just happy if schools can teach kids to have an open mind

so we don't have narrow minded ignorant kids that drive like idiots

and scammed by handsome US doctors and British pilots. 

• Haha! 1

i think this is also relevant to what education is supposed to achieve. 

as someone who has seen the ground evolve for a very verrryyyy long time, i CAN confirm that entire depts made up of cecas...NOT local indians... is a fact of life. From locals, to pinoys/myammars, to now CECA forever.

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2023/02/05/local-it-grads-cant-find-jobs-while-engineers-constantly-transferred-from-india-to-work-in-sg-under-ceca/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1