Sengkang HDB blocks turn mouldy just after 5 years

Raubern

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Current complaint is in OPPO township 

To me, managing of 'township' is for the 'experts'. No difference from commerical buildings. PAP or OPPO MP won't know anything about property management. They still rely on managing agents. Mountain behind you very high, you attract the right people. No mountain or there are threats, you cannot find people lor. So this become a political tool that the ordinary people suffer. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

2 hours ago, Jellandross said:

This started as a complaint from an innocent resident. Over the weekend, suddenly see a deluge of social media posts from more innocent residents showcasing how white and clean their estates are.

My main gripe is - can they pay more and find a better script writer? 

Other estates clean? Don't bluff lah! Most are close to cesspool nowadays. 

Except Nassim Road is very clean and green when I drove pass.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Other estates clean? Don't bluff lah! Most are close to cesspool nowadays. 

Except Nassim Road is very clean and green when I drove pass.

I am sure there is a stretch along Tanglin Road is super clean. Beat the dog need to see who is its owner applies here too. 

• Haha! 6

On 1/8/2023 at 8:59 AM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Thats why who ask u vote oppo😆

my place is in PAP runned town council.  my complaint is that they are over maintaining it.  Perfectly ok common areas are hacked and surfaced with tiles or rebuilt.  The floor tiles in the lift lobby and letter collection areas are hacked off and new tiles laid even though there is nothing wrong with the old floor.  The whole precinct feels like a construction site for the past few months.  I would rather that the town council just do the basic cleaning etc and let us live in peace and quiet and hopefully pay less conservancy charges!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

47 minutes ago, JanM said:

my place is in PAP runned town council.  my complaint is that they are over maintaining it.  Perfectly ok common areas are hacked and surfaced with tiles or rebuilt.  The floor tiles in the lift lobby and letter collection areas are hacked off and new tiles laid even though there is nothing wrong with the old floor.  The whole precinct feels like a construction site for the past few months.  I would rather that the town council just do the basic cleaning etc and let us live in peace and quiet and hopefully pay less conservancy charges!

Budgeted then didn't spend so anyhow spend lor. Big shot coming, everything do to impress. Suddenly funds come from nowhere. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Budgeted then didn't spend so anyhow spend lor. Big shot coming, everything do to impress. Suddenly funds come from nowhere. 

Budgeted must spend.

No spend, No budget 

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Budgeted must spend.

No spend, No budget 

That is the civil servants mentality. Auditor also follow blindly on same basis. That is also why bin center cost $1m 😂

11 hours ago, inlinesix said:

No le.

At least OYK and De Souza has scheduled visits.

Damn TL le

Wait long long she will do house visit. I think even during GE, she also did not do house visit. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

@inlinesix Very true it is a long standing shortcoming of our government, must budget more in case no funds, after that die die must spend the money or get penalised in the next cycle hence a lot of wasteful and unnecessary public spending. The top thinks 500k is peanuts for monkeys.

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

That is the civil servants mentality. Auditor also follow blindly on same basis. That is also why bin center cost $1m 😂

Auditors can only flag any red flag.  Nothing much they can do as long as there is nothing fraudulent.

All these should be discussed at the Parliament Select committee.  It will be out of public purview.

https://www.parliament.gov.sg/about-us/structure/select-committees

Without sufficient OPPO, these select committees may not be effective.

20 minutes ago, ktnpl said:

@inlinesix Very true it is a long standing shortcoming of our government, must budget more in case no funds, after that die die must spend the money or get penalised in the next cycle hence a lot of wasteful and unnecessary public spending. The top thinks 500k is peanuts for monkeys.

For Civil Servants, It is a very scary scenario to beg for money from MoF.

500k could be a buffer for anything.

In a system where any wrong will affects non-scholar performance, i will sympathize with boots on the ground.

On 1/7/2023 at 10:03 PM, Sosaria said:

Jamus is just pointing out, well, you want "waterfront" living surrounded by refreshing vegetation, you got to take the damp and mould that comes with it too la [laugh]

Mouldy means cockles can grow or not? Warms my heart to find out 

My parents in law get estate upgrading 

whole house so until nice nice just pay some small money

the money can’t even buy the material. Really super subsidied

they very happy 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Another project near water front, and not in oppo ward this time. As usual, this news does not make it to MSM (the Sengkang case was published on https://www.todayonline.com/ btw)

Sun Xueling responds to netizen who calls the mouldy walls of Punggol West HDB ‘another soon to be haunted HDB’

Source: https://theindependent.sg/sun-xueling-responds-to-netizen-who-calls-the-mouldy-walls-of-punggol-west-hdb-another-soon-to-be-haunted-hdb/

SINGAPORE — After a Facebook post of one netizen complaining about her estate looking “always mouldy” and like a haunted house, another netizen posted pictures of a housing block with similar conditions.

On the popular COMPLAINT SINGAPORE Facebook group on Monday (Jan 9), a Facebook user, Mr James Ng described the estate’s appearance as “Another soon to be haunted HDB.”  The estate in question is located at Block 233 Sumang Lane at Punggol West.

Screenshot-2023-01-10-at-3.43.15-PM.png

“Tender for Matilda Court R&R happening this year. Was in the workplan already. Thanks,” wrote Ms Sun almost immediately after Mr Ng put up his post.

Mr Ng thanked the MP but also had a follow-up question regarding the warranty period.

Screenshot-2023-01-10-at-3.52.30-PM-1068

Other netizens endeavoured to explain the presence of the mould.

“It has to do with proximity to waters.. Singapore is extremely humid. This is something I hope the BCA will take note and not just pluck the building protocols and standards from European or other countries outside of tropical regions. Humidity will promote mould growth as well as metal corrosions,” wrote one.

Screenshot-2023-01-10-at-3.58.19-PM-1068

Yet another wrote, “Humidity , salinity and heat have always been with us. If this is not factored in at the very beginning then all blocks in Singapore facing the sea would have this problem. I am more of the opinion that something is not right with the paint application processes. Of course, the wrong type of paint could be selected due to human error.”

Screenshot-2023-01-10-at-3.57.50-PM-1068

Edited by SGMCF328
  • Praise 3

20 hours ago, Mustank said:

My parents in law get estate upgrading 

whole house so until nice nice just pay some small money

the money can’t even buy the material. Really super subsidied

they very happy 

Estate upgrade will upgrade whole house? Thought they only upgrade the toilet?

20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Estate upgrade will upgrade whole house? Thought they only upgrade the toilet?

No whole house

only the toilet the main door the gate the hang the clothes. It think he only pay $1k

he go outside do one toilet only smelly smelly also 10k

↡ Advertisement