Happy Chinese New Year 2023!

Windwaver

Went to Chinatown last night. Parked at pinnacle at Duxton. Walked to eat dinner then walk to near Chinatown complex. 

I haven't been there for cny since my childhood. 

Mainly to show my kids the bazaar, bit of the light up. Haha can come out as a composition topic sometimes. 

One part was really crowded. Lot of festive feel. Didn't stay too long as didn't need to buy anything. Also tad too crowded to have shopping mood. 

Walking to eu tong Sen can be a breeze from behind pinnacle carpark as it's all connected via a park connector/linear park. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

On 1/15/2023 at 9:19 AM, Lala81 said:

Went to Chinatown last night. Parked at pinnacle at Duxton. Walked to eat dinner then walk to near Chinatown complex. 

I haven't been there for cny since my childhood. 

Mainly to show my kids the bazaar, bit of the light up. Haha can come out as a composition topic sometimes. 

One part was really crowded. Lot of festive feel. Didn't stay too long as didn't need to buy anything. Also tad too crowded to have shopping mood. 

Walking to eu tong Sen can be a breeze from behind pinnacle carpark as it's all connected via a park connector/linear park. 

If i go Chinatown, i would park at People's Park Centre or the HDB carpark next to OG or chin swee HDB Sheng Siong that carpark. Never thought of parking at pinnacle at Duxton, unless i want to go to Tanjong Pagar area. Lol.

10 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

Yeah, this year CNY very quiet. 

So quiet so that MediaCorp also no need launch a CNY album, just one song with 6 actors/actresses.

Now still got album? No need launch, cause no one will buy la. Lol.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I dun buy too, but since in the past years, it is always available in Spotify, I made it a point to play it in my car on CNY day1 when I drive around. Lol, just for that mood thing.

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Silverkris said:

I dun buy too, but since in the past years, it is always available in Spotify, I made it a point to play it in my car on CNY day1 when I drive around. Lol, just for that mood thing.

Astro CNY 2023 playlist lol.

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

Just on your radio can hear CNY songs also. 

Turbocharged
33 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

Yeah, this year CNY very quiet. 

So quiet so that MediaCorp also no need launch a CNY album, just one song with 6 actors/actresses.

wah, heng ah!

Turbocharged

I have not gone to Chinatown CNY for many many years as always so packed. But I heard there is heavy police presence this year to perhaps prevent another Itaewon from happening.

But if you still want some CNY vibes but not too crowded, try the event hall at Taka or Vivo. Still packed and pricier goods but still have aircon.

51 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

I have not gone to Chinatown CNY for many many years as always so packed. But I heard there is heavy police presence this year to perhaps prevent another Itaewon from happening.

But if you still want some CNY vibes but not too crowded, try the event hall at Taka or Vivo. Still packed and pricier goods but still have aircon.

Taka that CNY event very crowded. Last time i would default go there to buy CNY goodies. But now no more eversince i ''allergy'' to crowds. Lol.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Yes no one would buy.

That CNY album with 1 song by 6 actors and actresses is really

ownself sing, ownself song. 

23 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Yes no one would buy.

That CNY album with 1 song by 6 actors and actresses is really

ownself sing, ownself song. 

Whenever they play this song on tv, i switch to other channel.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Blueray said:

my fridge at 90% of capacity already. 

Lol. 2-3 CNY ago was when i bought my 2nd fridge, cos i overloaded it for CNY. 

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Lol. 2-3 CNY ago was when i bought my 2nd fridge, cos i overloaded it for CNY. 

I look at the amount of food inside my fridge and I am wordless.

soft drinks etc still not yet put in. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4