Macdonalds massive restructuring

Windwaver

9 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

What I don't understand is that they rolled out self-ordering system and introduced table service......

FYI AUS and NZ have the same ordering machine and table services system too, thus seem like a global system to me

Edited by D3badge
↡ Advertisement

9 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

The CEO's job of a listed mnc is to ensure profit of the company will continue to grow, otherwise he will lose his job ,  in order to protect his job and get fat share options, the most natural thing to do for a CEO is to cut jobs to save cost. Whether the new business model is sustainable is not his copncern because he would have parachuted off with million dollars of pay out by then,  how long would a ceo stay on a same job?

So like bank pay CEO 90% bonus share option, can only encash earliest 3 years later better 5 years block period, thus if 5 years later share up good for them, share crash good luck to their bonus.

look at DBS CEO , he happy like bird with many share option issue to him at below $20 in the earlier years, he encash those option now, Huat Ah! I do think he lead DBS well

• Praise 2

This shouldn't affect the actual store front since they are franchise. I don't know of mcd own any of the restaurants though.

I know someone who was made redundant when this CEO first came on board. Their pay scale is quite good.

1 hour ago, D3badge said:

FYI AUS and NZ have the same ordering machine and table services system too, thus seem like a global system to me

Yes is global. 

in the first place why they created table serving? it suppose to be fastfood and seld-collect, because they are not fast enough to serve, so they let the consumers sit and wait to be serve, no complain. I see so many young ppl waiting for aunty uncle to serve them..

25 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Self ordering kiosks is good but they tends to fix the menu to ensure you order the more expensive set. That is my experience.

Not really.  More expensive set is more prominent ONLY

2 hours ago, D3badge said:

So like bank pay CEO 90% bonus share option, can only encash earliest 3 years later better 5 years block period, thus if 5 years later share up good for them, share crash good luck to their bonus.

look at DBS CEO , he happy like bird with many share option issue to him at below $20 in the earlier years, he encash those option now, Huat Ah! I do think he lead DBS well

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/08/mcdonalds-ceo-chris-kempczinski-made-more-than-10point8-million-in-2020.html

McDonald’s CEO made more than $10.8 million last year.. ......Stock and option awards added $9.5 million to his compensation,

5 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Maccas has gone downhill for donkey years..  it's always last on my list if left with no choice..

Mostly 3 to 5 years before they change job.

3 hours ago, D3badge said:

This is my 1st thought! Mackers Singapore is own and run by Ham Bao Bao Pte Ltd, if they are making shitload of money which I believe, why cut staffs to have customers services issue later on?

That probably affects McD HQ and global stores owned by it.  Don't think Singapore will be affected. As correctly pointed out by you, Singapore is owned by a Franchisee. Cutting cost in Singapore is not going to improve his bonus.

2 hours ago, denser said:

in the first place why they created table serving? it suppose to be fastfood and seld-collect, because they are not fast enough to serve, so they let the consumers sit and wait to be serve, no complain. I see so many young ppl waiting for aunty uncle to serve them..

My guess is fast food don't do very well with big waiting crowd.

44 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

That probably affects McD HQ and global stores owned by it.  Don't think Singapore will be affected. As correctly pointed out by you, Singapore is owned by a Franchisee. Cutting cost in Singapore is not going to improve his bonus.

There are McD HQ staff located in Singapore. These people are not part of the local franchisee but are regional/global functions of McD for Asia. The office is at Buona Vista.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, denser said:

Yeah, seen a few times elderly crew serving perfectly healthy young people.

I sick also ownself serve ownself 🙂

35 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

McD 2021 Profit after tax is USD7,545m le.

This is the point, yet he still have to cut cost despite the huge profitability to demo that he could improve profit to gain more share options, but at the end those who get impacted are the lower value chain employees and customers, not the snr execs.  Despite the improved profitability at the end, share holders would get peanuts in return. Question is who will gain more at the end? Certainly wont translate into cheaper burger for sure.

Edited by Ct3833

24 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

This is the point, yet he still have to cut cost despite the huge profitability to demo that he could improve profit to gain more share options, but at the end those who get impacted are the lower value chain employees and customers, not the snr execs.  Despite the improved profitability at the end, share holders would get peanuts in return. Question is who will gain more at the end? Certainly wont translate into cheaper burger for sure.

Quarterly dividend of $1.38 per share.

Every quarter since Q1 2022 pay the same amount

Edited by inlinesix

7 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I'm those lower chain employees 😞, not Macdonalds but it's quite the same everywhere.

↡ Advertisement