Singaporean woman and 4-month-old daughter killed in accident on snowy road in Hokkaido

Yamapi

5 hours ago, MrHomely said:

Just curious is snow chain a compulsory thing in hokkaido?

Nope,their Buses,Lorries or Cars fitted with Snow Tyres.

↡ Advertisement

On 1/11/2023 at 10:51 AM, Jman888 said:

sorry if i ask, why bring a 4 months old baby to a snowing country? 

actually yesterday was snowing heavily in Hokkaido and many road accidents.

Singaporean not by birth...by choice?

Hokkaido home town?

On 1/11/2023 at 10:59 AM, Soya said:

The earliest I took my young ones overseas was when they were 2 yrs old. And even then, it was a hassle w their food, attention span, nap time, stroller, formula milk, the works

Let alone a 4 mth old baby in freezing conditions n unfamiliar driving conditions. RIP

My kid's first trip overseas was around 1.5yrs old.. Babies a few months old are fragile, I wouldn't wanna subject them to unnecessary stress of long travels and extreme temperature changes, altitude pressure changes.  If the trip is just for the adults' enjoyment, better not to bring few months old baby along to weather such conditions.

• Praise 7

3 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Nope,their Buses,Lorries or Cars fitted with Snow Tyres.

By their law, all vehicles on the road need to have snow tyres.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Tkseah said:

My kid's first trip overseas was around 1.5yrs old.. Babies a few months old are fragile, I wouldn't wanna subject them to unnecessary stress of long travels and extreme temperature changes, altitude pressure changes.  If the trip is just for the adults' enjoyment, better not to bring few months old baby along to weather such conditions.

Such trips are definitely for the adults enjoyment coz the babies won't know or remember anything 

Worse when they bring the baby on a flight n he/she cries almost non stop during the whole flight much to the annoyance of other passengers. Kena one recently. Red eye flight somemore. Kept everyone awake as the parents juz sat there for hours n didn't even bother to pacify the baby. Knn

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Tkseah said:

Not only that most babies cannot give much medications too if fall sick ( if like below 1 years old) there in an unknown country with unknown language and medical system too 

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 2

There are always risks driving in unknown/unfamiliar terrains. Wild animals can just jump out from nowhere crossing your path. So, keep to the recommend speed and if unsure, slow down is the best. 

Singapore is like driving in a congested town. Oversea highways are totally different from our AYE or ECP. Fun to explore but good to do your homework before take that step. Try Malaysia N/S highway first. 

• Praise 2

On 1/11/2023 at 10:51 AM, Jman888 said:

sorry if i ask, why bring a 4 months old baby to a snowing country? 

actually yesterday was snowing heavily in Hokkaido and many road accidents.

Training to become Future Winter Olympic Stars.  😎

Sometimes, no one at home to take care or baby too young that may need breasts milk. So bring along the trip. 

Looking at the vehicle, wacked from the side by another vehicle which was unexpected. 

41 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

There are always risks driving in unknown/unfamiliar terrains. Wild animals can just jump out from nowhere crossing your path. So, keep to the recommend speed and if unsure, slow down is the best. 

Singapore is like driving in a congested town. Oversea highways are totally different from our AYE or ECP. Fun to explore but good to do your homework before take that step. Try Malaysia N/S highway first. 

Driving requires innate talent.  Not everyone up to it.

I drove in Australia during my uni years despite no overseas driving experience.

Most of the time, we rent 4L Ford Falcon

• Praise 2

28 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I drove in Australia during my uni years despite no overseas driving experience.

Now in Aussie and Kiwi lands no more Falcons or Commodores to rent. The last one I drove there was back in 2016 to get my fix of big CC cars to cruise in for hundreds of KM. The big rental companies now offer Elantra, Altis, RAV4 and beyond this, MPVs.

• Praise 3

7 minutes ago, serenade said:

Now in Aussie and Kiwi lands no more Falcons or Commodores to rent. The last one I drove there was back in 2016 to get my fix of big CC cars to cruise in for hundreds of KM. The big rental companies now offer Elantra, Altis, RAV4 and beyond this, MPVs.

With Falcon, I drove about 10 hours (out of 12 hours) from Rockhampton to Cairns.

It is easy to cruise legally.

In mountainous road, this farmer engine cannot keep up with Rex.

42 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

yah i got before Inline6 4l Falcon

tiny interior space

at that time dunno how to appreciate IL6 feel, just TL that so high fuel consumption

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

No wonder u have ILsex sickness…

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

32 minutes ago, serenade said:

Recently took rav4 hybrid. Good... save petrol

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

We all know you are talented. 😆 Just joking, you are indeed lah

Family in Hokkaido crash that killed mum and infant had planned to return to celebrate CNY
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/family-in-hokkaido-crash-that-killed-mum-and-infant-had-planned-to-return-to-celebrate-cny

Too little too soon. 😢

Learn to take things easy, life’s too short and unpredictable. 

“Some things are sometimes just fated,” he said. 

“Nobody knows why things happen. We just have to try our best to cope and to move on.”

Edited by Fcw75
  • Sad 8

46 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Family in Hokkaido crash that killed mum and infant had planned to return to celebrate CNY
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/family-in-hokkaido-crash-that-killed-mum-and-infant-had-planned-to-return-to-celebrate-cny

Too little too soon. 😢

Learn to take things easy, life’s too short and unpredictable. 

“Some things are sometimes just fated,” he said. 

“Nobody knows why things happen. We just have to try our best to cope and to move on.”

The baby gal is very sweet and smiley in the photo. 

RIP mother and baby. 

Sincere condolences to the bereaved family and hopefully, the hubby and other daughter will be strong in their lives ahead. 

Grief often doesn't end, it resides deep within the heart and remembers what was robbed from us. But I wish that time and love can provide a soothing balm to the hurting heart of those left behind to carry on with life. 

Haiz. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3