1 minute ago, Sosaria said:

Our generation does not post on tiktok, but follow chio bu tiktok [laugh]

Irony.

Not me. No Instagram or tik tok.

Only facebook to fark PAP. 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 7

3 hours ago, Ender said:

Eat mehdonner is luxurious for me.. Only wait til they have 1 for 1 promo then I will go.

Simi? NTUC plastic bag is consider a luxury bag to me already 😃😃. Now they charge 10cents for plastic bag making it a even more lixury item. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 10

1 hour ago, Starry said:

I am using a  iphone 6........  Trade in also can't get 50 bucks.

Where got luxury man......

What?? Never owned one before. It's a definite luxury to me, man.

Now waiting for Apple bosses to jio me for lunch....... [laugh] because I called it a luxury brand.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 3

C&K is definitely not a luxury brand la... let's be honest with each other. Yes, its precious because its a gift from mummy and daddy. It can be a priceless gift but calling it a luxury brand is pushing it. It's like telling me your proton is a luxury brand. Yes, it can be precious cos' you pay for it with your hard earned money and you saved up for years blah blah ... good for you but its still not a luxury brand. I am just honest. If you go around posting these in tik tok or social media, of cos you will be ridiculed. Of cos you can say the viewers who dissed her are dickheads... true, but it still does not negate the fact that C&K is not a luxury brand. If you cant stand ridicule, then dont go to social media... stay in your safe little cocoon. Her post just simply tell the whole world how ignorant she is. 

I am stating a hard truth.

Edited by Estrangable
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 2

4 hours ago, Wind30 said:

I never understood why people buy luxury bags or watches….

not sure if you are trolling or not... of cos u want better things in life. why wear a seiko when you can wear a patek or lange. why bring a bonia bag when u can get a hermes kelly? 

Materialism drive people to work harder and strive for better things. Aim high. 

Supercharged
57 minutes ago, Estrangable said:

C&K is definitely not a luxury brand la... let's be honest with each other. Yes, its precious because its a gift from mummy and daddy. It can be a priceless gift but calling it a luxury brand is pushing it. It's like telling me your proton is a luxury brand. Yes, it can be precious cos' you pay for it with your hard earned money and you saved up for years blah blah ... good for you but its still not a luxury brand. I am just honest. If you go around posting these in tik tok or social media, of cos you will be ridiculed. Of cos you can say the viewers who dissed her are dickheads... true, but it still does not negate the fact that C&K is not a luxury brand. If you cant stand ridicule, then dont go to social media... stay in your safe little cocoon. Her post just simply tell the whole world how ignorant she is. 

I am stating a hard truth.

I think it is all about context and timing when comes to communication.

if she has bought the bag herself with her own money and going around celebrating that the C&K bag is a luxury item, then I think there is nothing wrong if she is being corrected.

But here, it was a gift from her dad (who is not too financially well) to her. So the celebration is more of a parental love thing from the perspective of a daughter where even a C&K is considered a luxury because of how hard for the father to earn that money for the bag.

So under such context, perhaps it is more appropriate to just let her feel those joy than to correct her. There is no need to burst her bubble. 

• Praise 8

9 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Zoe good catch

Crazy no class

:D

If she were like maybe 5 years older i cfm jio her alr hahahah, she want how many charles and keith i also will buy for her

• Haha! 8

4 hours ago, Estrangable said:

not sure if you are trolling or not... of cos u want better things in life. why wear a seiko when you can wear a patek or lange. why bring a bonia bag when u can get a hermes kelly? 

Materialism drive people to work harder and strive for better things. Aim high. 

Granted luxury items has higher quality, but some of the higher price cannot be justified by quality alone. I had discussions with my wife on this…

at the end of the day, the prices got so high just because of the resale value, it’s a bit like tulips or art work. 

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I come from a very poor family

So any meal I eat out is a luxury to me even if its chicken rice or char kway teow.

Even now in my old age I still feel this way.

Same like you even go to Macs I feel very happy to have this privilege.

Have you checked your mail box ….. your Pioneer/Merdeka Kad is collecting dust lah 😜😜

• Haha! 5

In all honesty, she's just sharing her joy, no need for ppl to be harsh and say oh why must post on social media etc.

The term "Luxury" is relative and like many have mentioned, it's subjective to the individual too!

FYI, C&K IS considered a luxury brand (https://chicpursuit.com/is-charles-and-keith-a-luxury-brand/) , maybe not to the level of the likes of chanel/LV/hermes/balenciaga etc. 

Oh and btw LVMH owns a 20% stake of Charles & Keith iirc, so yea I think it counts for something. Back to the point, to a 17 year old, the lens of luxury may be very different to that of most seasoned working folks, and it's really sad when I see such bashing on TikTok (as a fairly frequent user myself).

It really begs the question: What has become of our society?

Can't ppl just rejoice with others, instead of being pedantic and obsessing over the definition of "luxury", or bashing a 17 year old for her definition of luxury, without considering her family situation, it pains me to a certain degree!

She (and her family) deserve every good thing in life, her parents raised her well, taught her the value of life (not measured by material wealth but relationships with others), taught her that fulfilment does not necessarily come from "having alot", taught her how to be content with the simple things in life, and how "richness" is not measured by monetary wealth but maturity in character and compassion of heart.

Rant Over!

Sidenote: If her family wants to eat breadtalk break lmk i sponsor them one year supply HAHAHAHAHA

• Praise 10
  • Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

In all honesty, she's just sharing her joy, no need for ppl to be harsh and say oh why must post on social media etc.

The term "Luxury" is relative and like many have mentioned, it's subjective to the individual too!

FYI, C&K IS considered a luxury brand (https://chicpursuit.com/is-charles-and-keith-a-luxury-brand/) , maybe not to the level of the likes of chanel/LV/hermes/balenciaga etc. 

Oh and btw LVMH owns a 20% stake of Charles & Keith iirc, so yea I think it counts for something. Back to the point, to a 17 year old, the lens of luxury may be very different to that of most seasoned working folks, and it's really sad when I see such bashing on TikTok (as a fairly frequent user myself).

Can't ppl just rejoice with others, instead of being pedantic and obsessing over the definition of "luxury", or bashing a 17 year old for her definition of luxury, without considering her family situation, it pains me to a certain degree!

She (and her family) deserve every good thing in life, her parents raised her well, taught her the value of life (not measured by material wealth but relationships with others), taught her that fulfilment does not necessarily come from "having alot", taught her how to be content with the simple things in life, and how "richness" is not measured by monetary wealth but maturity in character and compassion of heart.

Rant Over!

Sidenote: If her family wants to eat breadtalk break lmk i sponsor them one year supply HAHAHAHAHA

The more luxury, the more relatives

@Jamesc say one😂

• Haha! 8

12 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Happens in MCF too. Just look at the X1 thread......

• Haha! 4

34 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

Rant Over!

So much ranting…

Is it because she’s chio? 🤣

• Haha! 5

2 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

So much ranting…

Is it because she’s chio? 🤣

Send wrong signals again

if BBFA confirm @SiLangKia will

give vegetable oni

• Haha! 6

11 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I come from a very poor family

So any meal I eat out is a luxury to me even if its chicken rice or char kway teow.

Even now in my old age I still feel this way.

Same like you even go to Macs I feel very happy to have this privilege.

U r so right n i'm just like u, guess being poor when young really make us appreciate the simple things in life dearly 😇..

• Praise 3

10 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

It is safer to Post it on MCF

here more contained lah....mostly unkers lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 7