Girl ridiculed for calling Charles & Keith bag a luxury bag

Fcw75

Actually if u listen to conversations from all ages. 

Kids say the darndest things. 

Adolescents, grown men and women in their 20s, 30s to 60-70s all can say some really hyperbolic stuff. 

I remember some stuff I said when I was younger, really cringe. Haha. 

Try telling someone who rides the classic made in China city bike that people are spending 5 digit figures on a bicycle frame. And have multiple frames.

Or that people can spend 110k usd on a meal in salt bae restaurant in Dubai. 

Or that a magic the gathering card can go for 5 digits. Or baseball cards etc. 

Is it useful to know/share such information? Probably not. 

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, SiLangKia said:

In all honesty, she's just sharing her joy, no need for ppl to be harsh and say oh why must post on social media etc.

The term "Luxury" is relative and like many have mentioned, it's subjective to the individual too!

FYI, C&K IS considered a luxury brand (https://chicpursuit.com/is-charles-and-keith-a-luxury-brand/) , maybe not to the level of the likes of chanel/LV/hermes/balenciaga etc. 

Oh and btw LVMH owns a 20% stake of Charles & Keith iirc, so yea I think it counts for something. Back to the point, to a 17 year old, the lens of luxury may be very different to that of most seasoned working folks, and it's really sad when I see such bashing on TikTok (as a fairly frequent user myself).

It really begs the question: What has become of our society?

Can't ppl just rejoice with others, instead of being pedantic and obsessing over the definition of "luxury", or bashing a 17 year old for her definition of luxury, without considering her family situation, it pains me to a certain degree!

She (and her family) deserve every good thing in life, her parents raised her well, taught her the value of life (not measured by material wealth but relationships with others), taught her that fulfilment does not necessarily come from "having alot", taught her how to be content with the simple things in life, and how "richness" is not measured by monetary wealth but maturity in character and compassion of heart.

Rant Over!

Sidenote: If her family wants to eat breadtalk break lmk i sponsor them one year supply HAHAHAHAHA

I was watching her unboxing the tote bag.

Charles & Keith has improved a lot since its early days.

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Me too. Never bought a luxury item in my life.  

The handphone or the home you owned are consider luxury for many. Just that you don't need to show or shout about it. Many billionaires are like that, it is those that need attention that require to add accessories to tell people they have arrived. 

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

The handphone or the home you owned are consider luxury for many. Just that you don't need to show or shout about it. Many billionaires are like that, it is those that need attention that require to add accessories to tell people they have arrived. 

Different generation la. Old farts won’t understand one la….haha. Including me.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

He talk cock 

You still reply like that

LOL

• Haha! 3

6 hours ago, Estrangable said:

not sure if you are trolling or not... of cos u want better things in life. why wear a seiko when you can wear a patek or lange. why bring a bonia bag when u can get a hermes kelly? 

Materialism drive people to work harder and strive for better things. Aim high. 

I have quite a few rich friends who just want to work hard/be rich. They spend even less than normal people. And zero luxury items. Only one thing is they spend on vacations but don't post for the world to know.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Happens in MCF too. Just look at the X1 thread......

240k for a 100hp premium brand SUV.

Is it a luxury?
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

1 minute ago, Volvobrick said:

I have quite a few rich friends who just want to work hard/be rich. They spend even less than normal people. And zero luxury items. Only one thing is they spend on vacations but don't post for the world to know.

These ppl will pass on their wealth to their children.

Their children may not appreciate their hard work.

• Praise 2

110k for a salty meal?

That sound better value than 110k

for just a piece of paper.

:D

To me 110k for just a piece of paper is a luxury.

Feel free to bash me if you think its sup sup suay. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

36 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Not luxury to me. 

3 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Granted luxury items has higher quality, but some of the higher price cannot be justified by quality alone. I had discussions with my wife on this…

at the end of the day, the prices got so high just because of the resale value, it’s a bit like tulips or art work. 

Similar bag from Polo Ralph used to be USD1.2k

This is a man bag

4BE2297E-5FC4-4B06-9263-0FA7E2ED4BC5.png

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Simi? NTUC plastic bag is consider a luxury bag to me already 😃😃. Now they charge 10cents for plastic bag making it a even more lixury item. 

Muayhaahaha

C2A06216-5FC4-4B10-A032-AE98AF6B8C8A.jpeg

• Haha! 2

32 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Thats good.  But rich for what? To spend even less than normal?   No need to be so jialat lah.

like me spend what you cantruly afford, always full cash, no debt, can already mah….

• Haha! 3

I am a simple old uncle.  Calvin Klein is definitely a luxury store for me.

I buy my short sleeves white shirt for work from my favorite CK department store at West Coast.

Size 16.5.

Good value.  Not joking.

ckstore.jpg

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

1 minute ago, Albeniz said:

Calvin Klein is definitely a luxury store for me.

I buy my short sleeves white shirt for work from CK department store at West Coast.

Size 16.5.

Good value.  Not joking.

ckstore.jpg

by the way, you gotta check the prices carefully. CK dept store is not so cheap.  I can find so many items at 10-20% cheaper in other neighborhood shops. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Luxury is a term coined by us marketing men to get stupid people to part with their money.

Some people might argue luxury means more comfort or more quality.

But the most comfortable might not be the most expensive and the most expensive not the most comfortable.

So how to define luxury. We marketing men define it and then alter your brain to accept our definition of quality.

We brain wash people by the power of imaging. That's why you see so many adverts and this alters the wiring in your brain.

Just like Pavlov's dog hears a bell means food is coming until he hears the bell and even though there is no food the dog will start salivating.

They have done imaging of women's brains who buy expensive handbags like the $10,000 kind

and the brain waves have the same pattern when they buy the expensive handbag as when they have an orgasm.

This is why a lot of unfulfilled tai tais buy expensive bags.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3