Machtig Android Player / Head Unit - Anyone here using

Sogo

16 minutes ago, Mancypher said:

Ok easy. To me, not worth to spend 1k for a Android player like Machtig. From what i see in a carousell ad, price is player only, exclude panel and installation. [BTW im talking only about maximum spec]

Then, when you change car, need to dekit. If can fit next car, good means buy panel only and install. If cannot, have to sell off.

Last, Android HU all same. Just brand and label by the China side, then sell in Aliexpress. So its down to specs wise at the end.

agreed with you all android player should be more or less the same, noticed the design also same. They just copy and rename as their own brand.

↡ Advertisement

5 hours ago, Mancypher said:

Ok easy. To me, not worth to spend 1k for a Android player like Machtig. From what i see in a carousell ad, price is player only, exclude panel and installation. [BTW im talking only about maximum spec]

Then, when you change car, need to dekit. If can fit next car, good means buy panel only and install. If cannot, have to sell off.

Last, Android HU all same. Just brand and label by the China side, then sell in Aliexpress. So its down to specs wise at the end.

Okay, pulling the curtain back a bit …

No argument from me about the price, $1k is extreme.

Cost of portability, i.e. transferring from 1 car to the next, applies to all aftermarket players in this day and age, when almost all makes come with integrated HU … you still have to hunt down the empty dash panel + brackets etc or sell. Well, unless you buy a base-trim PI Japanese car that comes with aftermarket player 😉

There are no significant differences between the brands as long as the player is from the same family, e.g. 7862 FYTs … I don’t consider MIPI screen and non-MIPI screen a significant difference, but then again you can’t flash a firmware for a non-MIPI screen player to a player with MIPI screen, and at the same time you cannot just flash any firmware from 1 brand to another’s player plug-and-play, you’d need to make some modifications to the firmware in most cases, and even if you followed the guides to a T, you could still end up with an infinite bootloop. And then there’s T’Eyes and this brand called 梁山嘟嘟 which come with their own closed system firmware.

I … uhh … may or may not have dabbled a bit 😉

Which is why I am curious about this brand, because while I’m pretty sure its an FYT, its tuning UI is new to me.

16 hours ago, Sogo said:

Okay, pulling the curtain back a bit …

No argument from me about the price, $1k is extreme.

Cost of portability, i.e. transferring from 1 car to the next, applies to all aftermarket players in this day and age, when almost all makes come with integrated HU … you still have to hunt down the empty dash panel + brackets etc or sell. Well, unless you buy a base-trim PI Japanese car that comes with aftermarket player 😉

There are no significant differences between the brands as long as the player is from the same family, e.g. 7862 FYTs … I don’t consider MIPI screen and non-MIPI screen a significant difference, but then again you can’t flash a firmware for a non-MIPI screen player to a player with MIPI screen, and at the same time you cannot just flash any firmware from 1 brand to another’s player plug-and-play, you’d need to make some modifications to the firmware in most cases, and even if you followed the guides to a T, you could still end up with an infinite bootloop. And then there’s T’Eyes and this brand called 梁山嘟嘟 which come with their own closed system firmware.

I … uhh … may or may not have dabbled a bit 😉

Which is why I am curious about this brand, because while I’m pretty sure its an FYT, its tuning UI is new to me.

Wanted to write this lengthy stuff too. But i not good with essays LOL.

Ya what you say here is pretty much what is in my mind.

Btw, I'm using a FYT unit as well. Highest spec 8+128GB bought recently. I dont really bother about updating firmware and stuff cos if it goes to bootloop, i will have to spend some time in the car troubleshooting it.

These FYT units are pretty impressive in response. No lag. Cost wise for my unit is below $450. And yeah i'm using a 2k screen.

1 hour ago, Mancypher said:

Wanted to write this lengthy stuff too. But i not good with essays LOL.

Ya what you say here is pretty much what is in my mind.

Btw, I'm using a FYT unit as well. Highest spec 8+128GB bought recently. I dont really bother about updating firmware and stuff cos if it goes to bootloop, i will have to spend some time in the car troubleshooting it.

These FYT units are pretty impressive in response. No lag. Cost wise for my unit is below $450. And yeah i'm using a 2k screen.

I wasn't intending to 🤣

I don't think you would have to worry about firmware updates, at least right now, because 8/128/2K only went mainstream around Q4 of last year.

I still want to find out more about the tuning UI that Machtig has though. It's a shame these guys are acting so shady.

23 hours ago, Sogo said:

I wasn't intending to 🤣

I don't think you would have to worry about firmware updates, at least right now, because 8/128/2K only went mainstream around Q4 of last year.

I still want to find out more about the tuning UI that Machtig has though. It's a shame these guys are acting so shady.

Most of these sellers are like that one. When i buy my FYT unit, i PM the seller and lowball until a threshold that they can accept.

Post sales support is almost non-existent. So have to expect self tune the EQ, surround etc. to your hearing pleasure. PS: buy from local shop got warranty in-house, but post sales support also like non-existent.

I think one of the plus point that i buy my FYT unit is because the seller use FedEx Express [receive in 8 days] at no charge, compared to other which use standard AliExpress shipping.[receive in 20-40 days]

Anyway i guess you are still in the middle of the fence mode? What car you drive btw?

On 4/25/2023 at 3:00 PM, Ferry3434 said:

I installed a device from these sellers, so far for half a year the radio has been working fine, you can contact them

Link

21342352134432.jpg

For a QLED 6+128, very pricey.

↡ Advertisement