Cruise ship

Sdf4786k

35 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Cabin in the middle of the ship means no window inside the cabin?

I guess if there is no choppy water or heavy thunder storms while cruising. The ship should stable. But if encounter thunder storms, i dont think the ship would be stable.

Same like when you encounter turbulence in the plane, no matter how big the plane is also can feel it and make you feel discomfort if have sensitive motion sickness.

No need to choose interior state room, even if you want to choose balcony class, you should choose those near the center of the ship. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

35 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

No need to choose interior state room, even if you want to choose balcony class, you should choose those near the center of the ship. 

Centre good save alot foot step going back to ur room lol

• Haha! 2

58 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Ya.. me.. 😓

the last time i made a concerted effort to lose weight was after returning from the trip and tipping the scales at 83.8kg.

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

good point.

if need more than one room, make it a point to book early so that can choose rooms that are nearby. When we booked, already quite full, and maybe the type of rooms we want are not that common... in the end my parents' room was just above ours... wah wanna go there must walk like 70m, take the lift, then walk back same distance to the room... to pass them things or take things from them, means do this twice... siong... 🙂

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yah, but the cruise company not stupid, they also charge a premium on these rooms compared to those at the both ends.

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I booked spectrums of the sea for April departure last month during a 50% promotion. First time after almost 20 years. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Do you have to rent WiFi on board? Can get data roaming signal at sea? 

Last year I took the Genting World Cruise, first time in my life on a cruise. If your route is similar, then the ship will dock at land almost every day - Port Klang, Penang, Phuket, etc. So if you not paying for the Wifi package which is really slow and good enough only for messaging if available, can consider use Data Passport if on M1 plan or similar for other telcos, or subscribe a autoroam data package to use when docked.

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

U know whats the worst part

i ate at chinese restaurant in genting dream but 吃不饱,want go for second round at buffet restaurant but kena rejected kns

RC u can eat multiple restaurant in one dinner time

If you go to the western fine dining place, can order as many time as you want. I knew because my wife did that almost every day haha. She even requested to have a plate of asparagus without the steak and they just obliged her. I heard the Chinese fine dining place not so good so never step in during the trip.

21 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

If you go to the western fine dining place, can order as many time as you want. I knew because my wife did that almost every day haha. She even requested to have a plate of asparagus without the steak and they just obliged her. I heard the Chinese fine dining place not so good so never step in during the trip.

But the menu is limited and we don’t like what they offer then gg le

more advice:

(for RC)

bring your own slippers and toothbrush/toothpaste. They dun provide. if you ask, they will direct you to go level 4 those atas shops buy those furry slippers that costs $30...

if got elderly going along, then it can get a bit tricky in that the normal toilets, shower area is inside/on bath tub, so need to step up/in... For sure my mother will have a big problem with it... Fortunately - and we never knew why - when we checked in, my parents were given a room where the toilet is separate from the bathroom, and there is a separate shower area from the bath tub... The toilet and bath are combined in both our room and the kids' room, so the room my parents got were ideal for them (elderly).

If getting the wifi package and is planning to max out the devices (we had 3 rooms, and made sure each room got at least one phone connected to the wifi, to stay contactable). Then at nights sometimes wanna use laptop/tablet, so will log out from phone first. Thing is, there is specific instruction on how to log out correctly (when first logged in), and we initially didn't know... we just switched off wifi on the phone and proceeded to login on the laptops/tablet, and this resulted in the wifi kicking out (i think) the first (of 4) devices that we logged in. So the phone with wifi switched off, is still 'logged in' in their count, and one phone got kicked out... this was a problem cos the phone(s) that was kicked out was not aware, and when calling whatsapp, it will just keep ringing (rather then give engaged tone or no dial tone...). It was worse if it was my father's phone that got kicked out - as he doesn't know how to connect back (we helped him with all these).

• Praise 3

Top top tip for RC.

Everyone Bring a lanyard. Scanning in and out of areas much easier. 

And don't use a private dns for your handphone. I couldn't access the royal carribean app bookings properly until the next day. By then most of the reservations all gone liao... Zzz. 

The bookings start 6/8pm? of the cruise start day. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

On 1/12/2023 at 4:43 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Sounds like genting dream

genting dream sucks

midnight hungry no free pizza like RC

Actually you can go for supper from 10pm - 2am on 16th floor.

IMG_20230113_222616.jpg

• Praise 2

On 1/12/2023 at 5:40 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

U know whats the worst part

i ate at chinese restaurant in genting dream but 吃不饱,want go for second round at buffet restaurant but kena rejected kns

RC u can eat multiple restaurant in one dinner time

You can request for second or even third servings of the dishes you like at the Chinese restaurant which we normally do.😁

But I have to say that the Chinese restaurant food standard has dropped compared to pre-covid time.

Edited by Civic101
  • Praise 2

43 minutes ago, Civic101 said:

Actually you can go for supper from 10pm - 2am on 16th floor.

IMG_20230113_222616.jpg

You look at the timings, it actually get the food from The Lido, sort of like leftover food haha.

The RC food seems leaps and bounds better than Dream World from the video below The Windjammer food seems much better than The Lido. But my wife now on RC messaged me that it is not that fantastic, think maybe she not in the mood to enjoy lah as very busy this period.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2