Is this tyre good? Made in SG!! Giti tyres!

Axela525

The tyre shop says it's brand is only 2 yrs old...I give my size 225/50/17 he quoted $120 with balancing and new valve.

20230114_103057.jpg

Edited by Axela525
Add words
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

32 minutes ago, Axela525 said:

The tyre shop says it's brand is only 2 yrs old...I give my size 225/50/17 he quoted $120 with balancing and new valve.

20230114_103057.jpg

singapore brand, not make in singapore 😁

Giti GitiSportS2

Show All: 

Giti Tyres

The GitiSport S2 has been designed to deliver a 5% improvement in wet and dry braking and handling plus a 14% increase in aquaplaning resistance against the previous model. The tyre will also deliver around 10% more mileage dependent upon driving characteristics.

This tyre replaced the Giti GitiSport S1.

Tyre Reviews

Dry Grip 92%

Wet Grip 86%

Road Feedback 92%

Handling 92%

Wear 90%

Comfort 94%

Buy again 96%

Summary

Tyre review data from 5 tyre reviews averaging 92% over 12,520 miles driven.

The GitiSportS2 is ranked 2nd of 140 Summer Ultra High Performance tyres.

- Good dry handling, very good aquaplaning resistance, low noise, good rolling resistance.

Negative - Long wet and dry braking distances, lower levels of grip during wet handling.

Overall - The Giti GitiSport S2 is an enjoyable tyre to drive, with a good blend of comfort and handling, however it needs to improve its grip in the wet, especially wet braking to move up the order.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

The GitiSportS2 is ranked 2nd of 140 Summer Ultra High Performance tyres.

Giti Sport S1 is ranked #64 of 820 summer tyres based on the results of tests carried out by Autobild 2020

64/820 = Top 10% of 800 tyres tested.

:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

singapore brand, not make in singapore 😁

ya lor... I was wondering which factory in SG got make tyre.... surely the whole neighbourhood complain

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Karoon said:

ya lor... I was wondering which factory in SG got make tyre.... surely the whole neighbourhood complain

Not cost worthy.

But still giti is quite a big brand globally. 

The impression it give me is its super loud ( that is ages ago)

I didnt buy because the price is in the middle.  I can easily find brand cheaper then Giti.

And branded tyres like GY or yokohama from yhi is only slightly higher, 

from Giti website

Giti Tire is integrated with in PT Gajah Tunggal Tbk. - the largest integrated tire manufacturer in Southeast Asia. Based in Indonesia, the company produces and distributes high quality tires for passenger cars, SUVs, commercial, off-road, industrial, and motorcycles. PT Gajah Tunggal Tbk also manufactures and distributes other rubber related products such as synthetic rubber, tire cords, inner tubes, flaps, o-rings, and more.

• Praise 3

21 hours ago, Axela525 said:

20230114_103057.jpg

Good or not we dont know but there are established and proven brands that are not a lot more expensive than this brand , plus a set of tyres  will last you for a long time, might as well buy a proven brand. 

• Praise 3

18 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Drive normally,any Tyre can do the Job,Drive like Crazy Man,nothing good enough.

Not all tyre are designed the same.

Even driving normally, NOT all tyre can do the job especially when you are driving in extremely wet weather

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Even driving normally, NOT all tyre can do the job especially when you are driving in extremely wet weather

I already said depends on Driver,i fitted China Tyres to my Brother's K3,it sweep the Bedok South Rd Corner[at Yokogawa Engineering] nicely at 80 Km/h in the Heavy Rain,need i say more.?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Agreed! Just like not all cars are the same, that why even take away the ‘brand premium’ the same category type of car still cannot sell at the same price because of research, engineering, materials etc use.

↡ Advertisement