Thais warned against becoming foreigners’ nominees in businesses reserved for Thai nationals  

steveluv

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thais-warned-against-becoming-foreigners-nominees-in-businesses-reserved-for-thai-nationals/

Thais warned against becoming foreigners’ nominees in businesses reserved for Thai nationals  
January 15, 2023

FD2B2409-4BF9-4C81-9EFF-90090F847D36.png

Thai people who allow their names to be used by foreigners as nominees to open businesses reserved for Thai nationals may face prison terms of three years and/or a fine of between 100,000 baht and a million baht, said Thosapone Dansuputra, director-general of Business Development Department, today.

He said that foreigners are not allowed to open businesses selling food or drinks, as he responded to reports that Chinese businessmen had purchased a number of food shops in the Chinatown area.

He explained that foreigners who want to open a food shop must get a permission from the Business Development Department, adding that Thai people who co-invest with foreign partners in such business must show their bank accounts, to prove that they have the financial resources to invest and are not just acting as a nominee.

To take legal action against foreign businessmen who uses Thais as their nominees, he said that there must be clear evidence that their Thai partners deliberately allowed themselves to be used as nominees and concealed the fact to help the foreigners.

Thosapone said that his department has cooperated with the Labour Ministry in checking businesses which have foreigners as partners or shareholders, to find out if the businesses were properly registered.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Chinese always cut corners in everything they do. They find all sorts of means

China will claim discrimination... behind threaten thai govt give way. Nevermind lotsa prc doing shady things. 

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Playtime said:

China will claim discrimination... behind threaten thai govt give way. Nevermind lotsa prc doing shady things. 

I not discriminating them ok, our HQ is there, and we get our salary from company ok. What I just say is they will find ways and means to get things done. Even cutting corners or walking the gray areas or loopholes. 

I once say, you must respect their determination for survival or the urge to success, some strength you will never find in pampered Singaporeans. I mention this because I am from a poor poor family. When people ask why I work so hard, I tell them that they will not understand cos they do not suffer. 

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Atonchia said:

Thai gov scare later all Tom Yam soup become Mala Hotpot.

They likely fear silent infiltration more. There's probably a discussion behind the scenes about how much Thailand is willing to let China penetrate thai society. 

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Playtime said:

They likely fear silent infiltration more. There's probably a discussion behind the scenes about how much Thailand is willing to let China penetrate thai society. 

Look at Cambodia

• Praise 1

Thai culture and society have always welcomed foreigners and "assimilated" them, rather than the other way around.

Siam bu and siam diu make everyone want to sharpen up their knowledge of thai language and culture.

Thus it has been for years, and that's why thailand remain the only country in SEA that's not colonized by foreign powers.

After follow siam bu, you will be absorbed into their culture and way of life.

But about this kind of business described in the thread, it is nothing new in malaysia. Business reserved for "bumi" will have a "bumi" silent partner lending his name, but behind the scene all run by chinese [laugh] Used to be called "ali baba" arrangement.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

Just now, inlinesix said:

Look at Cambodia

That's practically a vassal state for donkey years liao 😅.

Otoh... seems many YouTube of prc buying property and settling in Thailand. Some comments have asked legal or not.

• Praise 2

31 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I not discriminating them ok, our HQ is there, and we get our salary from company ok. What I just say is they will find ways and means to get things done. Even cutting corners or walking the gray areas or loopholes. 

I once say, you must respect their determination for survival or the urge to success, some strength you will never find in pampered Singaporeans. I mention this because I am from a poor poor family. When people ask why I work so hard, I tell them that they will not understand cos they do not suffer. 

Like our scholars. Gong gong and follow rules thinking everyone like them will follow. Then get burnt in the end and lose tax dollars or get snooked big time. 

• Haha! 3

I know one Thai guy who went bankrupt with Chinese to buy land and develop hotel. During Covid, the Chinese disappeared and left the Thai to pay everything. Cham

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 3

49 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Actually this has been going on for a long while already. Just that used by other nationalities before. 

Just that now Chinese are trying to diversify out of China. 

During 2020, I was watching a prc who used to run a B&B in Chiangmai, he was making videos about all these when his B&B was forced to close. And also about how to buy property etc. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 2

37 minutes ago, Playtime said:

That's practically a vassal state for donkey years liao 😅.

Otoh... seems many YouTube of prc buying property and settling in Thailand. Some comments have asked legal or not.

Condo is legal. 

Also got some places is the developer have a company then lease to you for like long term. 30 years or longer etc. 

I think got like 2-3 different ways. 

I guess it's cheap, lot of Chinese influence in Thai food. And also tropical weather. 

Edited by Lala81

9 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I know one Thai guy who went bankrupt with Chinese to buy land and develop hotel. During Covid, the Chinese disappeared and left the Thai to pay everything. Cham

Lol lot of biz people are liddat one lah. Angmoh China Singaporean all the same... 

• Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Like our scholars. Gong gong and follow rules thinking everyone like them will follow. Then get burnt in the end and lose tax dollars or get snooked big time. 

No leh, our ppl also quite smart. 

Look at those keppel ppl. 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Actually this has been going on for a long while already. Just that used by other nationalities before. 

Just that now Chinese are trying to diversify out of China. 

During 2020, I was watching a prc who used to run a B&B in Chiangmai, he was making videos about all these when his B&B was forced to close. And also about how to buy property etc. 

Nevermind, recently I met someone who goes into a marriage of convenience. Easy way out, can grow more.

4 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Lol lot of biz people are liddat one lah. Angmoh China Singaporean all the same... 

Agree, but many SG got cheated. Haha. Over years, I have seen many. 

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Beregond said:

No leh, our ppl also quite smart. 

Look at those keppel ppl. 😂

If smart, won’t get caught lor! So not smart enough. 🤣

• Haha! 4