FairPrice locks up infant formula behind plastic screens to deter shoplifting.

Cheesey74

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

You can't buy infant formula with CDC vouchers. This is something I don't understand.😇

Can actually. Only NTUC voucher cannot

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Starry said:

I think i drank full cream milk powder cos either cannot afford or still dun have what special infant powder.  Yeah, maybe IQ not so high, hence stop working long before 50 lol

Uncle 40+ age at least by now sure all started off drinking full cream milk [laugh]

Was there anything formulated for infants in those days?

I remember after the chernobyl incident people were a little worried about full cream milk from irradiated european cows, so went for Aust./NZ brands.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Actually formula milk powder companies do not sell based on their costs (like many other products).

They price their products based on what prices can their target group be afford to pay.

That is why the same formula milk are selling at different prices in different countries.

And since Singapore is known for the land of millionaires, you can bet that these items can only be priced higher and higher.

The govt tried to step in the last time but to no avail, and they can only come out to convince parents that other not so wellknown brands are cheaper and just as good.

• Praise 5
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

You can't buy infant formula with CDC vouchers. This is something I don't understand.😇

Correction as pointed out by a bro here. It can be used .

My bad.

• Praise 2

23 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

Actually formula milk powder companies do not sell based on their costs (like many other products).

They price their products based on what prices can their target group be afford to pay.

That is why the same formula milk are selling at different prices in different countries.

And since Singapore is known for the land of millionaires, you can bet that these items can only be priced higher and higher.

The govt tried to step in the last time but to no avail, and they can only come out to convince parents that other not so wellknown brands are cheaper and just as good.

Just like vaccines and meds, if you go thailand or india, for example, will be cheaper 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Cannot afford Baby Milk Powder,can drink Fresh Milk,last time 50 years ago,i drink this also grow old until now..only I.Q. not so high.

No its not true

Breastfed kids have higher IQ

:D

A study published in 2021 reported that breastfed children had an average gain of 3.44 IQ points. This gain seemed to have a long-term impact, with the children having improved performance in tests and higher education. 

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Of course CDC lah. Others are tobacco, lottery, liquor and vouchers, I think.

Some massage shops accept CDC voucher. Tiagong only. Weird right? Guess it depends on the business owner whether they want to support it.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 2

16 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

No its not true

Breastfed kids have higher IQ

:D

A study published in 2021 reported that breastfed children had an average gain of 3.44 IQ points. This gain seemed to have a long-term impact, with the children having improved performance in tests and higher education. 

Errrr....were you being breastfed last time ?? 

image_2023-01-19_224825353.png

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, badlammy said:

But JB long time ago already lock up or tag their milk powder...even Milo.

some supermarket even block off one end of the aisle and has a cashier counter on the other end to make customer pay for the milk powder first. 

Edited by Xers007
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Cheesey74 said:

Haiz... times r indeed bad, time for me to downbadge my cai png from 2v1m to 1v1m le, chum ah 😔...

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/fair-price-locks-infant-formula-plastic-screens-deter-shoplifting-035311824.html

I think housebrand formula milk should be heavily subsidised. 

Even if the parents can have F.U. behaviours, babies should still get sufficient nutrients.

Especially if the mum takes alcohol, smokes or have substance abuse....

Formula milk probably will help to break the vicious cycle of ......

• Praise 2

Uht milk is good enough after 1 year old. Fresh milk if u willing to pay for the non Uht taste. 

Dunno why people think formula is more convenient compared to heating a cup of milk in the microwave. 

But maybe girls don't want to drink too much dairy. Can consider switching up with soy milk as needed. 

• Praise 3

12 hours ago, Silverkris said:

Same as football 

↡ Advertisement