KFC fried chicken incense sticks

SGMCF328

I would have thought it is a April's Fool joke if posted 2 months later. Distasteful. [thumbsdown]

KFC Thailand draws backlash over fried chicken incense sticks for Lunar New Year

source: https://nextshark.com/kfc-thailand-fried-chicken-incense-sticks

KFC-0.jpg

KFC-4.jpg

KFC-3.jpg

KFC-2.jpg

KFC-1.jpg

Last week, KFC Thailand reportedly shared a video about the product on Instagram. The incense sticks, which come in a box of 11, have been designed to look and smell like fried chicken thanks to a combination of scents from 11 herbs and spices, Marketing Oops reported.

Following several outraged Instagram users’ reactions to the product, KFC Thailand reportedly took down the video from the social media platform on Saturday morning. However, the video is still up on Facebook.

Several of them pointed out that the product is inappropriate given the millennia-old tradition of burning incense sticks in Asia. The practice is meant to commemorate various events, such as special occasions and funerals. People also burn incense sticks during their daily prayers and while they pay their respects to their ancestors.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7

Can't remember movie title but got a part where it shows a ghost eating candles and Iirc smelling in incense smoke as their "food". 

KFC chicken deteriorated a fair bit over the past years. 

Poor taste and insensitive ad. 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

• Praise 3

I'm feeling incensed just looking at how these are done in poor taste, though I will probably never know how they taste like.

In case KFC runs out of ideas and starts making shapes of religious figures after the Joss saga, here is one for them: please go make your fried chicken taste like how they did in the glory past and not the gory future.

Unless the Joss sticks are meant for Colonel Sanders.

• Haha! 1

48 minutes ago, Ender said:

So little meat on the stick. Looks more like Okay Pocky.

i dont think you are suppose to eat right? from the article and photo, its incense that smells like KFC when burn. 

Don't be too happy to judge..... 😏

They might starts selling 'Joss' papers with fried chicken odour ...😜

7th Lunar month business very good ... 😁😁

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Haha! 1

On 1/20/2023 at 12:12 PM, Invigorated said:

I'm feeling incensed just looking at how these are done in poor taste, though I will probably never know how they taste like.

In case KFC runs out of ideas and starts making shapes of religious figures after the Joss saga, here is one for them: please go make your fried chicken taste like how they did in the glory past and not the gory future.

Unless the Joss sticks are meant for Colonel Sanders.

i watched a pretty long video on KFC.
Basically they are prioritising expansion in overseas newer markets leveraging on their existing brand, cos that's where the profits are. 

↡ Advertisement