Where do you fine gentlemen shop for your clothes?

Karoon

G 2000 and Giordano in the old days when I was younger and more cost conscious..

Then one day a friend introduced Brookes brothers to me - during my mid life crisis I guess... bought a shirt for 79, pants for $135, and ever since, when I'm in USA, I'll walk into a store and get a dozen shirts, and half a dozen pants, in the same two colors I always use and that's it...

In one store, the assistant wasn't too impressed with my tee shirt and shorts (it was summer in CA), but he was very helpful once I told him I my order...  

Do note the outlet mall versions are using different labels, but to me, the material and fit are all the same. And fit is my issue, not many pants fit me well. 

My best and most well used pants? Comes from Royal Robbins, but they don't make them anymore... double pleat with a loose fit and a hidden zipper pocket... I have gone to work, to the desert in USA, hiked Nepal, all with the same pants... they will be missed... 

IMO, once you find a place which gives you the right fit, you should stick to it unless your frame changes..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

24 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I wear briefs from taobao. Cheap and comfortable. Haha called 健将。

Dislike having a thick waistband around. 

Think less and less people wear briefs nowadays. Used to be norm, now like harder to find. 

Didn’t know many people like to 真空 down there?! 😅

• Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Went to US last year so hooted beekok brands like Ralf Lauren for cny. But still find their cutting not suitable for asian.

If local, still Uniqlo for me. I just like their fit and cutting more. Even I go jp I still shop at their Uniqlo. 

Looks like many wear uniqlo clothing. Hopefully they can sustain their business here and would not “closed down” so soon. 😂

• Praise 1

So many to choose from.

1. Lacoste - buaya brand. Polo t that comes in many colours. Pls dont be a c0ck and pull up the collar.

2. RalphLauren Polo T. The one with the small logo. Pls dont be a c0ck and pull up the collar.

3. BHG  -  A lot of shirts for unkers. CNY over liao so should have sales.

4. Look for tailor to customise shirt lo. Can go Thailand find. Should be cheap.

5. Lose weight, go gym, build up a body that can wear any clothes. Dont drink so much. Lose that beer gut. 

Actually it is a good thing I can still buy from uniqlo. Means I am not too fat or looks pregnant(for a dude).

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Think less and less people wear briefs nowadays. Used to be norm, now like harder to find. 

I buy Renoma Lycra Brief from Aeon

🤭

• Praise 3

27 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

I see many bosses wearing supreme t-shirt and cap and limited editions sneakers. 🤣

ADLV seems to be a very popular casual bit in your face type of tee shirt brand since 2021/2022. 

Bit like the Burberry/Moschino craze last time. 

Lost count of how many people I've seen wearing that. 

• Praise 2

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I buy Renoma Lycra Brief from Aeon

🤭

I used to wear crocodile brief as young kid, then also buy Renoma brief ....

Switched to boxers and no hot shower after reminded by wife gynae when went to do all the initial test.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Huh? No underwear and hanging everywhere, not for me. 😂

But at home, as I exercise more in recent years, I don't wear undies anymore, just exercise short with inner lining. Comfort is top priority. 

my polo shirts are are from Lacoste 3 white 3 black and 18 other different colors. Classic fit size 4.  
they wear and wash well, giving a nice vintage feel after 20 washes.

highly recommended.
Lacoste should sponsor me.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

my polo shirts are are from Lacoste 3 white 3 black and 18 other different colors. Classic fit size 4.  
they wear and wash well, giving a nice vintage feel after 20 washes.

highly recommended.
Lacoste should sponsor me.

I like their Paris polo and have them in 4 different colors.

38 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Wah lau…all the ah laus and uncles here.

I’m outta here man! See ya later alligator!

🤣🤣

Unker doesn’t wear Abercrombie T

😜

• Haha! 2

20 hours ago, Cheesey74 said:

Wahaha.,,

image.png

very true, this cny I can see many young and old people wearing 50 shades of different color uniqlo t-shirts [laugh] 1 visiting can see a few in the same place.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5