Confusing, overlapping lane markings causing collisions on Malaysia’s expressway

Kopites

On 1/27/2023 at 7:12 PM, Sosaria said:

I see the video it looks more like the driver of the black car over-reacted, then over-corrected... if it was due to confusing markings the car would drifted over more gradually.

Anyway the driver lacked situational awareness and fail to check blind spot.

There are many roads in rural areas in Malaysia with faded road markings and you just have to not make sudden moves, signal well in advance and observe the cars in front of you. Since the lane is uncertain.

Even in SG there are a number of roads poorly maintained and the marking has faded. Have a look at geylang road for example.

Gotta agree with the lack of situational awareness. When driving gotta always be aware what are the vehicles around you. 

Looks to me the secondary reaction cause the driver to lost control. When the driver swerve left, it does not look to be over reacted. If the driver maintain course instead of correcting again, the accident would have been avoided.

↡ Advertisement

On 1/28/2023 at 8:04 AM, Ody_2004 said:

We got our Singapore version at Upper Serangoon road.. although not as bad..

Drivers new to that stretch i pray they don hit me..

I kenna once from PHV driver during one of the raining days.. he eat into my lane but blasted his horn so loud that make me feel i am the one at fault

you mean at The Helping Hand and also outside Kovan Melody there huh? Honestly i'm v surprised that so far got no accidents there before, at least not that i'm aware of, since it was 'created' that few years ago... i was expecting sure every other day accident... dunno who the brilliant brain who thought of it...

4 hours ago, Atrecord said:

you mean at The Helping Hand and also outside Kovan Melody there huh? Honestly i'm v surprised that so far got no accidents there before, at least not that i'm aware of, since it was 'created' that few years ago... i was expecting sure every other day accident... dunno who the brilliant brain who thought of it...

Major one i doubt as the speed there is snail pace.. near missed and knn drivers shld be alot 🤣

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 1/28/2023 at 8:04 AM, Ody_2004 said:

We got our Singapore version at Upper Serangoon road.. although not as bad..

Drivers new to that stretch i pray they don hit me..

I kenna once from PHV driver during one of the raining days.. he eat into my lane but blasted his horn so loud that make me feel i am the one at fault

yah, merge and split, merge and split... dunno why design like that

8 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Major one i doubt as the speed there is snail pace.. near missed and knn drivers shld be alot 🤣

yah that's true. stupid road normally jammed during peak hours, hence little chance of jit bah boom type... it's those unfamiliar with the place, then tio this type confusion, then sure blur... somemore not once but twice within like 300 m... 😓

↡ Advertisement