Would you help to change another car's tyre in another country?

Atrecord

10 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

The guy was clearly sweating already, so it looks like it's a bona fide case of desperately needing help...

They explained that they couldn't loosen the nuts and they didn't know whether it was clockwise or anti-clockwise... and asked if i know and could help. 

That’s quite jialat for a man to be frank. 😓

You can check with the strawberry 20s generation males, don't be surprised how many don't know [laugh]

Or never handled tools before.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Cant even change tyre, drive what car. Driving school should make it mandatory to teach that or how to use tyre repair kit.

Encountered twice strangers came to help me with my tyre replacement.

Once at a bus stop, halfway through, a malaysian rider stopped to help and almost took over the whole change.

Another time at a petrol pump a caucasian guy asked if i needed help and i stared at him blankly. He replied "because of my size" while gesturing at his body, he help to step on the wench to loosen the nuts 😁

• Praise 5

I will not help to change. In my opinion, whether it is a genuine case or fraud. I don't take any risk. 

I am not trying to be mean. It is not a life and death matter and you want to risk something for helping someone. For me is no no. 

I did run to help when CNY, I saw an old lady lying on the floor next to the wheelchair. Then call his family and advice his family to send the old lady to hospital to check if necessary. But when I walk off, I even tell myself we (my brother and I) will never leave our old folks alone facing this. 

• Praise 4

Have not helped anyone with flat tyre overseas before, not yet encountered anyone asking for help or waving me down.

In SG, I was cycling on the pavement as usual and saw a car by the side of the road ahead with it's boot up. When I cycled till next to the car, I asked the owner if he needed help to change tyre. He told me he just got into an accident and waiting for a tow truck. Apparently the front of the car was damaged, I only realised it when I continued on and cycled past. Damn paiseh, the owner would think that I am making fun of him but I am really not cos I could only see the rear of the car as I was cycling in the same direction as the car was parked.:D

Edited by Adrianli
  • Haha! 9

Internal Moderator
19 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

I wearing FBTs leh no zipper hahahaha

HAHAHA I not her TA, maybe she like more mature AKA older men

wa if is his MIL means he damn young cos she 40 plus

yes correct! shld just keep to interns and xmm hahaha, my prev prev company now got a few new xmm interns, met them during motorshow then a few of us went for drinks after that HAHAHA at paulaner, saw your SGCM colleagues. I didn't know it's gonna be a karen I just wanted to be helpful haiz

never see la knn don't even want to see

After the drinks leh then? 

Then?

Then? 

:grin:

• Haha! 5

2 hours ago, Arogab said:

I will not help to change. In my opinion, whether it is a genuine case or fraud. I don't take any risk. 

I am not trying to be mean. It is not a life and death matter and you want to risk something for helping someone. For me is no no. 

I did run to help when CNY, I saw an old lady lying on the floor next to the wheelchair. Then call his family and advice his family to send the old lady to hospital to check if necessary. But when I walk off, I even tell myself we (my brother and I) will never leave our old folks alone facing this. 

yup, its dangerous to change tyre by the road side.

and from personal safety POV, better to have a friend watching over one's back while attempting to change tyre. 

• Praise 1

Just now, Blueray said:

yup, its dangerous to change tyre by the road side.

and from personal safety POV, better to have a friend watching over one's back while attempting to change tyre. 

Yah, some accidents do happen even when you have someone there to watch over. They just come so suddenly. Being nice is one thing, risking it is a no brainer in my perspective. We can be nice in other way and means

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Yah, some accidents do happen even when you have someone there to watch over. They just come so suddenly. Being nice is one thing, risking it is a no brainer in my perspective. We can be nice in other way and means

ya lor. so many cock drivers on the roads these days.

my thinking is if flat tyre situation is in a car park and I have friend to watch my back when I am doing the work then its ok. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

After the drinks leh then? 

Then?

Then? 

:grin:

They next few days got motorshow duty la we all went home after dinner and drinks lor, 

To my home 😏   Keeding

• Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
13 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

They next few days got motorshow duty la we all went home after dinner and drinks lor, 

To my home 😏   Keeding

They have motorshow duty, but you also have "duties" what. 😚

• Haha! 3

yes i have. In Pahang on Karak highway while on the way to Bentong

mazda CX-9 with very heavy 20" rims + tyres

but it was my friend's car and i was there too.😄

↡ Advertisement