Tin Pei Ling appointed director of public affairs and policy at Grab. Can like that ah? 🤭

BabyBlade

1 minute ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Sounds like it is legitimate if I embark on a night job to supplement my meagre income from my day job.

Hope my spouse will understand since I follow MPs' example. 

image_2023-02-03_102220847.png

$19k allowance is not meagre sum

😂

↡ Advertisement

44 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Govt job no good la… even if million dollar pay so what? U can’t drive a Ferrari nor stay in Sentosa, do anything wrong or say anything wrong, the public will slug me.

In private sector or my own biz man, people see i drive Ferrari will come and suck up to me and can stay Sentosa and have as many woman. Can live the high life without any morals and people will still clap for you and be your fan.

If u can make it big outside, why stay with civil service and get paid so much lesser than what u can potentially make, like I said in my previous post.

Only minister and the uppermost ranks are fairly known to the public, but if say, perm sec... high level enough but still quite anonymous. Go red light or ktv also nobody recognize 

Only the public figures would lose their "freedom" and that to me is worse than accepting lower salary. Remember that fellow who shared about his family extravagant trip overseas for french cooking lesson.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

58 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

MP pay not enuff....so need some side income....by 40 no $5 mil no talk ok....:-))

she upgraded, last time Kate Spade now she wants Chanel, Gucci, etc [laugh]

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Only minister and the uppermost ranks are fairly known to the public, but if say, perm sec... high level enough but still quite anonymous. Go red light or ktv also nobody recognize 

Only the public figures would lose their "freedom" and that to me is worse than accepting lower salary. Remember that fellow who shared about his family extravagant trip overseas for french cooking lesson.

True, but if one kena recognised or someone takes a photo, that will be the end of the career for any civil servants. Not just perm sec level. Even on those on the lower rungs.

Ya. My cousin is the immediate neighbour of a minister… every time when i go his house, will also kena scrutinised by the security stationed outside the house. The point is, when i see the 2 cars he owns, it’s sooooo humble for what he makes. Let’s put it this way, the 2 cars he owns will fit very well into any HDB car parks.

Kinda sad right? Got his millions also cannot spend. Even the family also need to “suffer” along with him…cannot do this cannot do that, must maintain decorum, must act poor…. Bla bla bla…. High level Civil servant really no good ah 😆

• Haha! 3

Grab benefit from all her gahmen networks ofc

She benefit by cashing in on the gahmen networks she got from being MP

Win win why not? Simi public interest/conflict of interest???

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

50 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

$19k allowance is not meagre sum

😂

MP's allowance $19K.

Mine salary a tiny fraction of that. 😪😪😪

3 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Errr... if big company or MNC don't think they will take the BLUE.. White to them is always better or should say safer! whahahahahaha..

Grab knows that they are increasingly under scrutiny as ah gong is tightening policies on delivery platform providers. Her appointment is definitely shrewd move.

image.thumb.png.595c5e5b2a9611279f3eda709d8acbe9.png

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 9

49 minutes ago, Rickster said:

True, but if one kena recognised or someone takes a photo, that will be the end of the career for any civil servants. Not just perm sec level. Even on those on the lower rungs.

Ya. My cousin is the immediate neighbour of a minister… every time when i go his house, will also kena scrutinised by the security stationed outside the house. The point is, when i see the 2 cars he owns, it’s sooooo humble for what he makes. Let’s put it this way, the 2 cars he owns will fit very well into any HDB car parks.

Kinda sad right? Got his millions also cannot spend. Even the family also need to “suffer” along with him…cannot do this cannot do that, must maintain decorum, must act poor…. Bla bla bla…. High level Civil servant really no good ah 😆

These top civil servants are normally not flashy types. They are all selected through same scholarship, generally have same schooling background, all printed from the same mould [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 3

11 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Huat ah, easily 7 figure income at 39.  Who says politics doesnt pay? 😅😄🤣😁😎

What to do, MP part time job nothing much to do and only $19k pm. Now earn extra peanuts pay to supplement lor. She doesn't want but they beg her

Edited by Victor68
  • Haha! 3

51 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

These top civil servants are normally not flashy types. They are all selected through same scholarship, generally have same schooling background, all printed from the same mould [laugh]

By "schooling background" u mean all went to same school starts with R right

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

She is well-liked in Macpherson.  Unlike my MP

Yes, she has proven many of her detractors wrong. Must give it to her for giving up her job and going full time to serve the residents. Luckily she has a husband who is a high earner.

I will vote PAP if she comes to my CCK ward.😂

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

2 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

MP's allowance $19K.

Mine salary a tiny fraction of that. 😪😪😪

That's quite a low pay I'd say, for the responsibilities and "sacrifice of freedom" to them and their families.

Middle management positions in many large companies and MNCs are already paid well above 250k per annum. 

When I mean middle management, I'm not taking about a Macdonald's outlet manager, sales or account managers (a fancy term used for salesman) here.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2