Tin Pei Ling appointed director of public affairs and policy at Grab. Can like that ah? 🤭

BabyBlade

20 minutes ago, Arogab said:

When these people say - "We have to pay them high salary to ensure they are competitive with the industry so that they will join us"

To me, now it seems like they are hiring people with full time salary out there (or even 2 full time) and working part-time with them drawing the attractive salary. 

Sigh, see lah. Yong time neber lisen to mummy and tak che kiang kiang. Now do one job only hey hey chuan. And no chance to cho zheng hu gang

Even Oppo MP needs a day job to serve ppl.

Hearsay Oppo MP allowance goes towards maintenance of their ward offices.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

maybe she planning her exit from PAP.....Next election will say not running for MP as too busy with work....so slowly can exit and then got good cozy job...

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

meritocracy ? yeah right ..

Building a self brand/reputation is also a form of meritocracy because it shows you have a skill to communicate and send message that can influence people. It shows your are highly skilled in controlling and making situations favour you. 

Not everyone can do it like TPL - That’s a skill in its own right.

Disclaimer: I didn’t vote for TPL nor am her supporter. 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Even Oppo MP needs a day job to serve ppl.

Hearsay Oppo MP allowance goes towards maintenance of their ward offices.

Yeah, if you compare apple to apple. What you are saying sounds like apple and orange. If given to choose, I will take oranges. Haha

• Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I believe most of us here are well established in our career and business.

Is anyone here willing to give up our high pay and biz profits and join the civil service for like half of what can make in the private sectors?

I know I will not. Else I will need to take loan for my car and be looked down upon in MCF.😆

BUT… if the civil service can offer me like a 10-20% lesser than what I’m currently making, I’ll seriously consider.

Civil service do pay substantial salary but at the upper ranks... really depends where you are on their totem pole. Am sure those guys in that category also do not need to take car loan.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Yeah, if you compare apple to apple. What you are saying sounds like apple and orange. If given to choose, I will take oranges. Haha

For an apple-to-apple comparison, all backbencher has a day job.

Previously, she is the ONLY full-time MP.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Sosaria said:

Civil service do pay substantial salary but at the upper ranks... really depends where you are on their totem pole. Am sure those guys in that category also do not need to take car loan.

Substantial salary does not necessarily dependant on rank.

There is an exceptional group.

3 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

maybe she planning her exit from PAP.....Next election will say not running for MP as too busy with work....so slowly can exit and then got good cozy job...

Govt job no good la… even if million dollar pay so what? U can’t drive a Ferrari nor stay in Sentosa, do anything wrong or say anything wrong, the public will slug me.

In private sector or my own biz man, people see i drive Ferrari will come and suck up to me and can stay Sentosa and have as many woman. Can live the high life without any morals and people will still clap for you and be your fan.

If u can make it big outside, why stay with civil service and get paid so much lesser than what u can potentially make, like I said in my previous post.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Ok lah. Sarpok :D 

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Yes, I’m well ware. Even a fresh grad can get paid 6-7K per month of basic salary in Govtech. This figure I mentioned is NOT an outlier sum. Why do they need to do that? It’s because, to run SG well, we also need good people and we should NOT be underpaying them a lot less than the private sector.

Like I said in my previous post, will any one of us (whom I believe are well established in our careers) be willing to join the civil service if we need to take a 50% pay cut?

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

She is well-liked in Macpherson.  Unlike my MP

Haha, I not in this area. I mai kao chai :D 

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

She is well-liked in Macpherson.  Unlike my MP

Yes and people can see that she worked hard for it and deserve it. So I don't see anything wrong for a person of her calibre to be denied good renumeration.

In Singapore, if one is really good and capable, no one can stop them from making a fortune. 

Singapore is not where we are today because of fairness in the world. No one has ever achieved anything great riding on the ideals of fairness.

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Substantial salary does not necessarily dependant on rank.

There is an exceptional group.

Yap, and I've seen with my own eyes that govt can pay very good money to get top talents from the private sector companies like Microsoft to help Singaporeans.

• Praise 2

18 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Sounds like it is legitimate if I embark on a night job to supplement my meagre income from my day job.

Hope my spouse will understand since I follow MPs' example. 

image_2023-02-03_102220847.png

↡ Advertisement