What constitutes bribery?

Philipkee

7 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

On a side note, may I ask if an unknown person/entity (non-contact) paynow paylah money into my bank account, is it possible to know his/her/its phone number through the banking app?

Later I PM you my bank account, you paynow Paylah $1000 into it, then I can tell you is it possible to know the phone number through the banking app. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

You give a big tip to your favorite restaurant because you like the service is not bribery.

You pay kopi money to MY TP is bribery because you denied the MY taxpayer funds for nation building.

:D

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Bribery involve loss and secrecy.

You donate $10,000 to a company for D&D everyone in the company knows.

You take a bribe from a supplier your management and your shareholders don't know is bribery.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Small mickey mouse SMEs usually no guidelines as the towkays probably doing it too as common practice.

Global MNCs especially listed companies will have clear guidelines including how much dollar value is allowed for giving and accepting. I know my manufacturing customers will absolutely not accept any gifts even a free cup of kopi. When in doubt, always check with corporate compliance dept.

Personally, I tip any workers providing me good services like airocn servicing, general housee repairs, etc.

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Jellandross said:

Small mickey mouse SMEs usually no guidelines as the towkays probably doing it too as common practice.

Global MNCs especially listed companies will have clear guidelines including how much dollar value is allowed for giving and accepting. I know my manufacturing customers will absolutely not accept any gifts even a free cup of kopi. When in doubt, always check with corporate compliance dept.

Personally, I tip any workers providing me good services like airocn servicing, general housee repairs, etc.

Any MNC with US Presence will be worried about FCPA action.

• Praise 1

You run a one man hawker stall selling goreng Pisang and buy your bananas from the most expensive supplier because he takes you to KTV is not bribery because it's your business.

• Praise 1

If you are a shareholder and your purchasing manager is buying the most expensive wigets because the supplier takes him to KTV and it's your money then it's bribery.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Later I PM you my bank account, you paynow Paylah $1000 into it, then I can tell you is it possible to know the phone number through the banking app. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I think for paynow paylah I need to know your handphone first to input into the recipient's field. And after you received my money the app will show my name but no my phone number.

12 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

You give a big tip to your favorite restaurant because you like the service is not bribery.

You pay kopi money to MY TP is bribery because you denied the MY taxpayer funds for nation building.

If MY TP helped to change my car's punctured tyre and I pay him some money then it is tips right ??

Because it doesn't involve traffic offence and corresponding fine right?

• Praise 1

An ambassador for a country receives many gifts and all the gifts must be declared.

No secrecy involved.

It's all transparent 

• Praise 1

If I run into a judge whom I know but involved no case whatsoever and I bought him/her a plate of mee rebus and an ice kachang for lunch it is not bribe right?

If you tip him for changing your tyre is gratitude or gratuity and is not a bribe.

3 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

If MY TP helped to change my car's punctured tyre and I pay him some money then it is tips right ??

Because it doesn't involve traffic offence and corresponding fine right?

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I think for paynow paylah I need to know your handphone first to input into the recipient's field. And after you received my money the app will show my name but no my phone number.

No need know my number lah, later I PM you my paynow QR code, you just paynow via the QR code can liao. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

You buy lunch because the judge is your fren and you expect nothing in return is not a bribe.

2 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

If I run into a judge whom I know but involved no case whatsoever and I bought him/her a plate of mee rebus and an ice kachang for lunch it is not bribe right?

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Jamesc said:

You buy lunch because the judge is your fren and you expect nothing in return is not a bribe.

When I buy lunch for friends, I don't expect or think of anything in return. image.png.9f5b3c93ad76c70003a6ec836a9b1c1d.png
image.png.d97fcdc9f982d61f8d161653043e8f5a.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1