OPC can renew road tax before red plate inspection?

2wiremodem

Hi everyone,

My OPC's road tax is due for renewal sometime this month.
So few days ago, I went to renew my car insurance and also renew my road tax via onemotoring site.

Today I went down to VICOM to ask for red plate inspection. Then they said that my road tax is already renewed, how come still need to do plate inspection? So they asked me to come back next year.

Feeling uneasy, I called LTA hotline as well. They also checked that my road tax got renewed successfully and didn't see anything about the red plate inspection.
So hotline staff said should be fine, if there are anything they will contact me.

Anyone faced this before?
Maybe I should not renew my road tax first and should go for inspection then renew. But I thought onemotoring should be able to detect my inspection not done so will stop me from renewing road tax.

Thanks in advance for any info.

↡ Advertisement

28 minutes ago, 2wiremodem said:

Alamak, then the aunty sent me home LOL
Jialat, need to go down again

Login Onemotoring to check whether you need to go or not.

7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Login Onemotoring to check whether you need to go or not.

I Went into onemotoring to check inspection details. They only have show inspection due date 18/02/2024 so i guess this is for the car's normal inspection.

Then I went to check inspection history and saw that my last seal inspection was 30 June 2022. Recalled  It was because someone rear ended us and the workshop helped to bring to Vicom to inspect before returning car.

Case solved, thanks alot!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1