Seeking advice: can the tyre still hold?

DOBIEMKZ

Couple of weeks ago scrubbed the front tyre against a kerb corner and sustained a small? cut (slightly longer than a nano sim card) at the side wall. Tyres mileage about 40K+ km. I am hoping they can go for another 20K+ km or for a year more before changing all, and yet...
Do you all think this one can hang on for that duration? Thanks in advance.🙏...🙂

image.thumb.png.43c9306b26edea4a4df7f88381489f0c.png

image.thumb.png.31097ce7aba586673b3c4ad932d61790.png

image.thumb.png.81ebef465d8c7c9616c252ab625c5533.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

41 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Couple of weeks ago scrubbed the front tyre against a kerb corner and sustained a small? cut (slightly longer than a nano sim card) at the side wall. Tyres mileage about 40K+ km. I am hoping they can go for another 20K+ km or for a year more before changing all, and yet...
Do you all think this one can hang on for that duration? Thanks in advance.🙏...🙂

buy those 2 buks elephant super glue, squeeze into it😂

I do that before😅

But i say first huh, its your life not mine😁

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 13

If u r worried enough to ask....chg it 4 a "peace of mind" driving experience.

I once advice a friend to chg his tyre when i notice a horizontal cut/peel on his tyre side wall ~3cm long. He say he'll monitor it as it was a new tyre....few mths later a common friend told me tat tyre burst while he was driving, veri lucky nvr got into any accident.

• Praise 7

I was ever in similar situation before. I asked the following question to myself, answered it, changed to new tyre and never looked back. 

The question I asked myself was:

"Is my life cheaper than the tyre, or is the tyre cheaper than my life?

Edited by Ricky_doodle
  • Praise 10
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Tsk.

MCF standard from what I understand is CHANGE CAR. 

😂😂😂

So, changing tyre is a better and wallet friendly option? No? 

Pls change as even most tyre shops won't bother repairing or rather difficult/not advisable to repair sidewall damage. 

Peace of mind will also mean u can drive without any distraction and worry when that tyre might throw a fit. 

Er, betterer to change out both front or rear tyres, not just that one. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

28 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Tsk.

MCF standard from what I understand is CHANGE CAR. 

😂😂😂

So, changing tyre is a better and wallet friendly option? No? 

Pls change as even most tyre shops won't bother repairing or rather difficult/not advisable to repair sidewall damage. 

Peace of mind will also mean u can drive without any distraction and worry when that tyre might throw a fit. 

Er, betterer to change out both front or rear tyres, not just that one. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Just change the pair will do. Why need to change all? 
guess you have been smoked too much by workshops spouting change change change for them to earn more. Same with wheel bearings. One spoil change one. No need to change all. Same with ignition coils. Change one. The rest of mine lasted for another 3years and 50k km, till I change the car. 

• Praise 4

10 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Just change the pair will do. Why need to change all? 
guess you have been smoked too much by workshops spouting change change change for them to earn more. Same with wheel bearings. One spoil change one. No need to change all. Same with ignition coils. Change one. The rest of mine lasted for another 3years and 50k km, till I change the car. 

Er, I said change a pair of tyres. Where got say change all 4 tyres? Either both front or rear. 

If can, change car. 

Oops 

😂😂😂😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Have to change liao. Sidewall integrity compromised 

But if wanna cut cost, can just change a pair rather than all 4. But make sure the new tyres are on the rear, not the front

• Praise 3

Just because got tear on the tyre 

of course you can still hold it.

:D

image.png.2b086dc7d849fc9074eededb2ae427df.png

3 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Change

CAR!

lol… change a pair! Life more valuable

for now no high speed until u change it else u hv to come see me

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

Ask yourself whats the contact point of ur car and road?

its tyre

u got good brake, good engine, good gearbox but tyre botak, got hole etc, no amount of safety features can save u and ur family

• Praise 3

11 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Ask yourself whats the contact point of ur car and road?

its tyre

u got good brake, good engine, good gearbox but tyre botak, got hole etc, no amount of safety features can save u and ur family

Sounds like sex

the contact point is a rubber before your life is ruined 9months after… think abt it😂

• Haha! 5

41 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Er, I said change a pair of tyres. Where got say change all 4 tyres? Either both front or rear. 

If can, change car. 

Oops 

😂😂😂😂

U dun say

cb car, was looking to change car and she gave me a screw… did a patch and ok for now.. nbz cars have soul

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1