JCube to be redeveloped into 40-storey apartment block, shopping mall to shutter from Aug 7

Daniu82

10 minutes ago, Blueray said:

walk from Jurong East MRT to JCube have to walk past big bus interchange and cross traffic junction

walk from Jurong East MRT to IMM is via JWalk. seamless. can see xmm in missy outfits. 

Lucky next time the new Jcube building is link to MRT/interchange. Guess business will be better than now liao, since people can walk to new Jcube via JWalk seamless.

↡ Advertisement

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Lucky next time the new Jcube building is link to MRT/interchange. Guess business will be better than now liao, since people can walk to new Jcube via JWalk seamless.

for retail business, tenant mix very important. look at Big Box, got JWalk but also no crowds. 

• Haha! 1

Just now, Blueray said:

for retail business, tenant mix very important. look at Big Box, got JWalk but also no crowds. 

What mix? Walk into any of the capital malls, ground floor shops are predictable and even display same. More than 50% are F&B. No idea lah.

21 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

What mix? Walk into any of the capital malls, ground floor shops are predictable and even display same. More than 50% are F&B. No idea lah.

ya, capitamalls is one trick pony. maybe that's why people rather go IMM as its bigger. 

38 minutes ago, Blueray said:

I guess fengshui very important. I find Jcube that building fengshui not very good, from last time Jurong Entertainment Centre to now Jcube, business all the while not good. Big Box building fengshui also seems not good. 

Edited by 13177

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I guess fengshui very important. I find Jcube that building fengshui not very good, from last time Jurong Entertainment Centre to now Jcube, business all the while not good. Big Box building fengshui also seems not good. 

Fengshui not good? Then can ask them sell the condo cheaper and rent lower? 

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

maybe since no HSR so capitamall decided to convert into condo and sell instead. 

• Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Tenant mix is key for shopping mall especially if you have a hyper market. You can see Beauty World plaza depend very much on NTUC with the rest of the retail mainly tuition centres. Jcube anchor is ice skating, obviously not crowded. M box is warehouse. With the revamp, I want to believe it will attract customers knowing the profile of this new owner. The biggest challenge is, in that small area, you have Big Box, Jem, Westgate, IMM. Do you have big enough catchment to patronize all of them? Jurong West got Jurong point. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

Big Box is a shocking failure. Another one lack of foresight. Lasted only 4 years and now dunno what happened. Now the building like abandoned.

18 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

Big Box is a shocking failure. Another one lack of foresight. Lasted only 4 years and now dunno what happened. Now the building like abandoned.

not abandon la ... going to turned into another business park

i can see the facade is updated and works in progress liao ...

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/big-box-mall-in-jurong-acquired-for-118-million-property-to-be-converted-to-business-park

• Praise 1

56 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

was a big car park at one stage for the ex uber cars.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Benarsenal said:

Turning into business park, undergoing heavy reno if i'm not wrong. Passed by late last year, looks different. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/big-box-mall-in-jurong-acquired-for-118-million-property-to-be-converted-to-business-park

big box is like a twilight zone thingy.

many ppl in jurong pass by every day but nobody actually notices it.

it's design and floor plate was actually ideal for full Ikea. instead we get half Ikea at Jem. 

• Praise 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

28 minutes ago, Blueray said:

it's design and floor plate was actually ideal for full Ikea. instead we get half Ikea at Jem. 

Best was I could park there in seconds and walk to JEM faster than those waiting in the car queue outside JEM to park there.

Taking advantage of the majority not prepared to walk 1m more than absolutely necessary.

You are right, IKEA would have been ideal for there. Especially if you look at Alexandra which has basically nothing else nearby unless you want to buy a car or racket/trainers from Queensway.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Best was I could park there in seconds and walk to JEM faster than those waiting in the car queue outside JEM to park there.

Taking advantage of the majority not prepared to walk 1m more than absolutely necessary.

You are right, IKEA would have been ideal for there. Especially if you look at Alexandra which has basically nothing else nearby unless you want to buy a car or racket/trainers from Queensway.

I am JWalker so I mostly park at IMM 5th floor when around that area. 

pick up groceries at Giant hyper before I leave. 

48 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Quite surprising when ikea decided to open an outlet at JE but they no open in big box. 😂 Like i said, must be they know the fengshui is no good in that building.

Big box actually not very otw from the mrt side, this building is only opposite a road when many people wait or drop off from their company bus there. Else no one passes it and walk pass it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1