JCube to be redeveloped into 40-storey apartment block, shopping mall to shutter from Aug 7

Daniu82

1 hour ago, bsswan said:

Best was I could park there in seconds and walk to JEM faster than those waiting in the car queue outside JEM to park there.

Taking advantage of the majority not prepared to walk 1m more than absolutely necessary.

You are right, IKEA would have been ideal for there. Especially if you look at Alexandra which has basically nothing else nearby unless you want to buy a car or racket/trainers from Queensway.

Even nothing at Alexandra ikea area but that doesn’t affect the ikea business lo. 😂

Actually many things there, got queensway, anchorpoint, alexandra hawker centre and Abc hawker centre la.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Quite surprising when ikea decided to open an outlet at JE but they no open in big box. 😂 Like i said, must be they know the fengshui is no good in that building.

Big box actually not very otw from the mrt side, this building is only opposite a road when many people wait or drop off from their company bus there. Else no one passes it and walk pass it.

I agree that Ikea would be great for the Big Box building, but from what I read, Govt doesn't like or want these kind of large warehouse cum retail spaces any more. Dunno why, maybe they think not good value for money.

One building many tenants can collect more tax compared to just a single tenant-occupied large building, maybe.

• Praise 1

36 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

I agree that Ikea would be great for the Big Box building, but from what I read, Govt doesn't like or want these kind of large warehouse cum retail spaces any more. Dunno why, maybe they think not good value for money.

One building many tenants can collect more tax compared to just a single tenant-occupied large building, maybe.

Like that the only single tenant-occupied large building, so far only have the ikea tampines that area? After that no more such concept.

42 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Like that the only single tenant-occupied large building, so far only have the ikea tampines that area? After that no more such concept.

Yes.

Big Box is supposed to be the second one, but after they open I think Govt stop the scheme.

On 2/7/2023 at 4:59 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

No more skating ring??

cant laugh at ppl falling down liao

Why you laugh at me...i nearly wanted to also rent the little penguin...then I thot why let others laugh harder...😁

• Haha! 1

32 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Why you laugh at me...i nearly wanted to also rent the little penguin...then I thot why let others laugh harder...😁

I myself tried keep falling down too hahaha

sometimes we also keep waiting those pros doing turn or flip and do hard landing lol

• Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, Blueray said:

'Pretty shocked': JCube developer notified tenants about mall closure, but some staff caught unaware

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/pretty-shocked-jcube-developer-notified-tenants-about-mall-closure-some-staff-caught-unaware-3266316

Hai di lao just opened there about 1 year only

ROI sure GG as they renovate big big 

1 minute ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Hai di lao just opened there about 1 year only

ROI sure GG as they renovate big big 

maybe Capitamall promise them rental discount if cum back after redevelopment ?

btw, IMM also got a big Hai Di Lao right ? 

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Blueray said:

maybe Capitamall promise them rental discount if cum back after redevelopment ?

btw, IMM also got a big Hai Di Lao right ? 

Likely Capitamall invite them rather than they look for capitamall.

HDL will be sweet heart entrance and exit deal.

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Likely Capitamall invite them rather than they look for capitamall.

HDL will be sweet heart entrance and exit deal.

the site next to JCube needs to be another big mall to attract people.

otherwise people will still go the other side of Jurong East MRT to Jem (got cinema), West Gate and IMM. 

3 minutes ago, Blueray said:

the site next to JCube needs to be another big mall to attract people.

otherwise people will still go the other side of Jurong East MRT to Jem (got cinema), West Gate and IMM. 

The condo block itself already got a lot of ppl.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

After reading about this closure, I visit the place last weekend. Next was an old HDB multi car park frank by some old retail/f&B at level 1. Above are 4 storeys of office units. Very run down. Then they build a Canopy for some public function area which is always pitch-dark with a playground also without lighting. What exactly is the authority thinking when they build all these but kept the place dark? A total revamp is necessary, not about converting to condominiums to make money. 

Supersonic
On 3/1/2023 at 5:15 PM, Victor68 said:

After reading about this closure, I visit the place last weekend. Next was an old HDB multi car park frank by some old retail/f&B at level 1. Above are 4 storeys of office units. Very run down. Then they build a Canopy for some public function area which is always pitch-dark with a playground also without lighting. What exactly is the authority thinking when they build all these but kept the place dark? A total revamp is necessary, not about converting to condominiums to make money. 

That cluster of 4 storey building and the carpark is quite run down. Esp the carpark, the ramp is narrow. If they want to revamp the Jurong East MRT that area, indeed good to tear down all those 4 storey building and redevelop the whole area.

Turbocharged

can't they slow down or postpone the new projects?

already so many ongoing demolition and building projects everywhere

in addition to BTO flats, NS highway, cross-island MRT

even a 1km new road near my place (Sengkang), they put completion date as 2025 (2 bloody years to build)

causing inconvenience and bottleneck 

↡ Advertisement