2024 Hyundai Avante (CN7) Facelift

Carbon82

2024-hyundai-avante-south-korea.jpg

Hyundai has quietly published the first images of its mildly updated Elantra on its website in South Korea where the compact sedan is sold as the Avante. The styling revisions come quite early in the life cycle considering the seventh generation was unveiled in March 2020 before going on sale later that year.

The bulk of the changes is noticeable at the front where the 2024 Avante gets flatter headlights flanking a newly added metallic bar stretching across the entire width of the grille. Speaking of which, Hyundai has decided to split the grille into two by adding a body-colored element in the center. It makes the grille less in your face, and we'd argue that’s for the better. Faux air intakes at the corners of the bumper lend the front fascia a sportier appearance.

There's not much going on at the rear where the Elantra's taillights have been seemingly carried over. We do notice the bumper has a different look with a pseudo diffuser and a wide U-shaped silver element extending from one corner to the other. We're getting the impression there are more glossy black surfaces than before while the red horizontal reflectors appear to be slightly wider.

With this being only a facelift, the side profile has been carried over nearly unchanged, although those two-tone wheels seem to be a new variation of an existing set. In addition, the plastic panel at the C-pillar has a more intricate pattern now while the chrome beltline is slightly thicker at the end. Inside, a new Sage Green theme with eco-friendly material is the only novelty announced thus far.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12

I was wishing they did something to the interior to improve the overall look and feel (points to the big awkward grab bar in the center console and the not so premium looking instrument cluster). 

The outlook largely follows the if it aint broken, dont fix principle. 

When this was first introduced in this forum, I thought I said 'fugly' judging by the sharp angular fender corner posted. 

Tbh, it looks sleek in metal.

The f/l version has some improvements in the front, but, I can't say the same for the rear!

• Praise 1

This question always in my mind when I see this car. If accident and crash the door side, if repair can make back swee swee and same as before? 

On 2/28/2023 at 8:07 AM, Hamburger said:

this car to me is overdone with creases for the side profile. Ugly.

I also find this car design overdone. Like the designer wants to squeeze in all the design that have brainstorm. Lol.

On 2/27/2023 at 10:55 PM, Ahtea said:

I was wishing they did something to the interior to improve the overall look and feel (points to the big awkward grab bar in the center console and the not so premium looking instrument cluster). 

The outlook largely follows the if it aint broken, dont fix principle. 

The grab bar in the centre console really ugly and i wonder what the purpose of the bar? Reminds me of such bar for the elderly. Lol.

30-40-50cm-Bathroom-Tub-Toilet-Handrail-Grab-Bar-Stainless-Steel-Non-Slip-Shower-Safety-Support.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

• Haha! 1

On 2/28/2023 at 9:24 AM, 13177 said:

The grab bar in the centre console really ugly and i wonder what the purpose of the bar? Reminds me of such bar for the elderly. Lol.

30-40-50cm-Bathroom-Tub-Toilet-Handrail-Grab-Bar-Stainless-Steel-Non-Slip-Shower-Safety-Support.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

this is the main thing I don't like about this car. 

• Haha! 1

On 2/28/2023 at 9:36 AM, Dafansu said:

this is the main thing I don't like about this car. 

Same same lo. When i see this grab bar inside this car, totally turn me off. No matter how good the car features are also no use. Lol.

On 2/28/2023 at 7:55 AM, Heartbreakid said:

The nose looks sharper and lower now. I like this facelifted design. Hope the interior has better soft touches materials all round.

Yea, i agree. It looks like a big and sporty car. Maybe it is just me, it looks like the VW Passat.

@13177 Yea, that is my exact thoughts. What is the purpose of the bar?

On 2/28/2023 at 9:24 AM, 13177 said:

@Ahtea maybe for the driver to hold hahahah I admit I have the habit to hold the transmission gear stick with one hand when driving 😛 so now since dh that gear stick anymore, the handle just nice if u rest on the centre storage 

On 2/28/2023 at 9:19 AM, Daniu82 said:

This question always in my mind when I see this car. If accident and crash the door side, if repair can make back swee swee and same as before? 

Change new door. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

On 2/28/2023 at 11:27 AM, Tianmo said:

Change new door. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

u noob.....u shd know the protocol here..............

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 6