Companies in Singapore must verify educational qualifications of Employment Pass applicants from Sep 1

SGMCF328

On 3/2/2023 at 4:55 PM, Ginyu said:

they  get to drive brand new not entry level contis while locals are stucked with their soon to be scape or COE cars 😂 

They know how to sell themselves.

We are bad in marketing ourselves.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
On 3/2/2023 at 4:24 PM, Windwaver said:

Same goes for me and this shows that we have nothing to hide :D

Unfortunately my university lose to Uptron leh 😞

Don't worry our authority check liao found no problem and will continue to monitor the situation.

Uptron is a good school to up your ass.

IMG_2475.png

Edited by Jellandross
  • Haha! 5

Turbocharged
On 3/2/2023 at 4:10 PM, inlinesix said:

I clicked on the link and checked out a few of these companies.

They claim to be "global" with a few international locations posted on their "About" page, but are quite evasive about their actual HQ or origin country.

Need to verify the verifiers [laugh] From the villages too?

• Haha! 6

On 3/2/2023 at 10:09 PM, Sosaria said:

I clicked on the link and checked out a few of these companies.

They claim to be "global" with a few international locations posted on their "About" page, but are quite evasive about their actual HQ or origin country.

Need to verify the verifiers [laugh] From the villages too?

You have to ask MOM

Which 1 you think is fishy?

On 3/2/2023 at 8:15 AM, Jamesc said:

Get married to a gold digger from say China and it's the MP's problem?

MP never ask the man to go China and get married.

MOM never ask companies to go other countries and hire their people.

How is this an MOM responsibility?

:D

Cos MOM is also the mom or short for mommy.

On 3/2/2023 at 1:03 PM, Jamesc said:

Why ROM issue my cert?

Why never vet my MIL?

Why never reject my application?

Can I return my MIL to ROM for a full refund?

:D

Maybe they checked.  And realized your MIL is the most appropriate MIL for you.  :D

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 3/2/2023 at 10:22 PM, inlinesix said:

You have to ask MOM

Which 1 you think is fishy?

MOM too busy issuing pass and collecting money, where got time to check. Such responsibility better contract out so that won't get blamed and affect bonus. 

Edited by Victor68

Think it also depends how they verify. 

It's one thing to say:"  XXX university is legit."

It's another to say "this person did NOT graduate from xxx university,  the cert is fake."

• Praise 1

On 3/4/2023 at 7:22 AM, Philipkee said:

Maybe they checked.  And realized your MIL is the most appropriate MIL for you.  :D

Yes you are right!

Marriage is engagement ring, wedding ring

and suffering!

I wish I was smart like you and have an MIL . . .

image.png.5e12190c62cc0dd94fe7efc8004614a7.png

On 3/2/2023 at 8:28 PM, inlinesix said:

To my boss 

that sounds like an EXCUSE 

He/she doesn't understand the 4 thousand+ years of Chinese culture :D

On 3/4/2023 at 11:44 AM, Ghgan said:

Uptron ACL gone, still have Manav Bharti University, somemore have physical building and not virtual one.

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2021/03/04/graduates-quietly-dissociate-themselves-with-university-caught-with-36000-fake-degrees/

image.thumb.png.36ac6d5ccf80ed8c22b6ae8441c33056.png

Huh... Dalai Lama's palace is it 🤣

If they don't go back and verify all the MBU "graduates" already here,  then its meaningless. Maybe start at IDA... they got bad record anyway. 

And if those already here get caught, what then? Say "never mind next time cannot" ?

Will a Singaporean citizen caught this way still get to keep his job?

• Praise 1

On 3/4/2023 at 10:45 AM, Jamesc said:

Yes you are right!

Marriage is engagement ring, wedding ring

and suffering!

I wish I was smart like you and have an MIL . . .

image.png.5e12190c62cc0dd94fe7efc8004614a7.png

I am married also

image.png.794884202f559702be25af02944c55d1.png

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 3/4/2023 at 8:30 AM, Playtime said:

Think it also depends how they verify. 

It's one thing to say:"  XXX university is legit."

It's another to say "this person did NOT graduate from xxx university,  the cert is fake."

If we can verify if a doctor or lawyer can practice here, we can verify if a FT has the basic qualifications we set as an entry. Someone tells you he graduated from Woodland university, you immediately smell fishy. If indeed there is one such university, Singapore government surely can verify if that is of their national standard. 

Turbocharged

Chey, still have many loopholes at the end of the day.

Processes already in place to verify qualifications of Employment Pass applicants, companies say

Source: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/employment-pass-education-verification-background-screening-hiring-3332006

SINGAPORE: Many firms in Singapore already verify the educational qualifications of foreigners hired on Employment Passes (EPs), companies and human resource experts told CNA.

For such companies, not much will change when a new requirement by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) to get third-party verification proof takes effect in September.

The ministry announced last week that companies will have to verify the educational qualifications of EP applicants who have diploma-level certification or higher. Currently, verification proof only has to be submitted if the candidate’s educational qualification is not from an accredited institution.

FLEXIBILITY UNDER COMPASS

The Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (ASME) pointed out that not every EP application will need verification proof for educational qualifications.

The verification will be enforced through a new points system – the Complementarity Assessment Framework (COMPASS) – that starts in September. EP applications will be assessed under four attributes and two bonus criteria, with up to 20 points for each.

Each application needs 40 points to pass, but that can be earned from the other attributes – salary, nationality diversity in the company and the firm’s support for local employment.

Only those that want to score points under the qualifications criteria will need to provide verification proof. 

“Companies would have the flexibility to apply a suitable combination of foundational and bonus criteria to support their EP applications,” said Mr Albert Tsui, executive director of the Singapore Business Federation’s advocacy and policy division.

20220303-compass.png?itok=CZgUtvc_

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 3/2/2023 at 11:04 AM, Albeniz said:

Huh?  They mean the qualifications have not been checked all these while?

Quoted from the same article I posted above:

1. Currently, verification proof only has to be submitted if the candidate’s educational qualification is not from an accredited institution.
  2. "However, not all companies will follow through for every single application, especially if the individual is already based and working in Singapore or has a long experience working in various renowned firms in global financial and business hubs,” said Ms Jaya Dass, Randstad's managing director of Asia-Pacific permanent recruitment. 
  3. The Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (ASME) pointed out that not every EP application will need verification proof for educational qualifications.

maxresdefault.jpg

mockup-tee-of-a-young-hiker-in-the-woods

Edited by SGMCF328
  • Praise 2

On 3/9/2023 at 8:45 AM, SGMCF328 said:

Quoted from the same article I posted above:

1. Currently, verification proof only has to be submitted if the candidate’s educational qualification is not from an accredited institution.

really lppl do like no do.

so i can fake a degree from harvard.... and they will accept without checking if i really attended harvard. siao ah.....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1