Companies in Singapore must verify educational qualifications of Employment Pass applicants from Sep 1

SGMCF328

Turbocharged

If we intend to leave it to the company, then it is as good as saying, you do what you want. Don't come and tell us all the BS story. 

↡ Advertisement

On 3/18/2023 at 6:06 PM, Atonchia said:

Not as bad as fake cert...

But fake college acceptance letter? 🤦

At least fake cert ones knew they know nuts. 

Fake acceptance letter, really wanted to earn a real cert....

Sure can graduate or not?

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2023/03/17/canada-to-deport-700-indian-students-found-to-have-used-fake-college-acceptance-letters-in-visa-application/

Kinda hard to believe ALL the students didn't know .. surely lots of them choose to close one eye. 

Student network 100% will talk to each other and know it's impossible that they ALL have the same problem. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 3/9/2023 at 1:11 PM, Playtime said:

really lppl do like no do.

so i can fake a degree from harvard.... and they will accept without checking if i really attended harvard. siao ah.....

And I would think that accredited educational institutions like harvard, or even our nus, ntu, would be the easiest to verify a degree with! These are proper organisations with a proper system of records. Fake a degree from these places, sure cannot escape detection when all it takes is to launch a query.

Sometimes I think the company can incentivize their HR by offering a small "bounty" for every fake qualification uncovered and action taken.

On 3/18/2023 at 10:28 PM, Sosaria said:

And I would think that accredited educational institutions like harvard, or even our nus, ntu, would be the easiest to verify a degree with! These are proper organisations with a proper system of records. Fake a degree from these places, sure cannot escape detection when all it takes is to launch a query.

Sometimes I think the company can incentivize their HR by offering a small "bounty" for every fake qualification uncovered and action taken.

Can be there are reputable uni that doesn't have record of their students? So why is that so difficult to verify? PDPA? 

On 3/18/2023 at 10:28 PM, Sosaria said:

Once fake qualification found, signed offer letter will be annulled.

Isn’t it the practice?
It is CHRO responsibility to ensure this practice is follow through 

Most difficult to check is when the school no longer exists anymore. This where the loophole is. Just produce a cert from that school, pay a retired teacher to verify...tada! 

If there's a will, there's a way. Even if mom push all the checking to others they are still the manpower agency. They are still the ones approving the entry.

On 3/20/2023 at 10:11 AM, Watwheels said:

Most difficult to check is when the school no longer exists anymore. This where the loophole is. Just produce a cert from that school, pay a retired teacher to verify...tada! 

If there's a will, there's a way. Even if mom push all the checking to others they are still the manpower agency. They are still the ones approving the entry.

Then that school must be quite 'reputable' and that candidate also applying for a position that requires verification. 😆 In Singapore, even school vanished, MOE still around right? 

↡ Advertisement