Not all heroes wear capes: Foreign worker helps older woman cross the street in the rain

Fitvip

FB The Independence

Simple kind act does not go unnoticed. Wish to see more...

Not all heroes wear capes: Foreign worker helps older woman cross the street in the rain

image.png.ed9383b8e9c23e3ce20afdecfa2d8206.png

By Anna Maria Romero

The worker was having his lunch break when he saw the elderly lady standing at the edge of the void deck, he then asked her if she wanted to get across and took his umbrella and walked her over to the next block

SINGAPORE: As proof that everyday, ordinary acts of kindness do not go unnoticed, a netizen praised one of Singapore’s foreign workers for a good deed he carried out on behalf of an older woman walking with a cane.

“I was waiting for my ride at the void deck when I saw this scene. A foreign worker who assisted an elderly lady to cross from one block to another during a heavy downpour,’ wrote Facebook user KJ Kyle on the popular COMPLAINT SINGAPORE page, although he was first uncertain if it would be approved because the nature of his post is the opposite of a complaint.

image.thumb.png.e9ca0edd2241ede37e2b05c29c20fa78.png

But Singaporeans recognize goodness when they see it, and the post has received a lot of likes and hearts from netizens.

On the day that Mr Kyle took the photos, it had been raining throughout the day, he wrote.

“The worker in the picture was having his lunch break at the void deck when he saw the elderly lady standing at the edge of the void deck.

He then asked the elderly lady if she wanted to get to the other block before taking his umbrella and walking the elderly lady over to the next block.

I think it is very courteous and thoughtful of the worker to offer his help to the elderly lady.”

He ended the post by writing that the photos accompanying his post should speak for themselves.

They show a worker holding an umbrella over the head of a woman as she walked across the street using a cane.

People commenting on the post were as appreciative of the act of kindness as Mr Kyle had been.

“God bless him as well as you bro for sharing a good side of ppl who need to be appreciated,” wrote one.

Another chimed in, “Thank you sir for the kindness, contribute a simple thoughts do make a lot of different, to the lady who appears to be having some difficulty despite having to wait to get home sooner’. I wished you well and you really make our day!”

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 15

Yes , I had witnessed many of the FT unsung hero stepping up during Pandemic, endemic period to assist senior citizens during challenging periods, due to our aging populations whereby the younger Singaporeans adult were@work, many sees it as a sign off how to start with, I mean Thy do not just go ahead to hold elderly hands to cross zebra crossing or overhead bridge, the look on their faces show a sense of purpose and wanting to offer as most of them were wearing vest island wide digging trenches, mending pot-holes or laying cables, pipes and such . . . It's human instinct thy do need a place to rest@ HDB void decks, a quick winks , we  do know it helps to recharge their heavy load ahead.

Normally I acknowledge them by a Smile and Nod go my appreciation, Kudus to these  " Unsung hero. "

• Praise 2

On 3/4/2023 at 2:00 PM, Meanmachine said:

Yes , I had witnessed many of the FT unsung hero stepping up during Pandemic, endemic period to assist senior citizens during challenging periods, due to our aging populations whereby the younger Singaporeans adult were@work, many sees it as a sign off how to start with, I mean Thy do not just go ahead to hold elderly hands to cross zebra crossing or overhead bridge, the look on their faces show a sense of purpose and wanting to offer as most of them were wearing vest island wide digging trenches, mending pot-holes or laying cables, pipes and such . . . It's human instinct thy do need a place to rest@ HDB void decks, a quick winks , we  do know it helps to recharge their heavy load ahead.

Normally I acknowledge them by a Smile and Nod go my appreciation, Kudus to these  " Unsung hero. "

When I cycle at TMCR, there sometimes have one worker at site entrance directing heavy vehicles entering and exiting, I will give him a thumbs up and "Thanks" when passing him. 

Most of the time when driving past road works, will also give the one directing traffic's a thumbs up. Especially during drizzling days. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I remember not long ago,a Child is hanging on the 2nd Floor Balcony,Locals only take out Camera & started to Video,2 TC Cleaners,quickly find a Ladder,1 climb up, while the other one station below,so even the Child fell,He can cushion the Fall.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1