Budget Direct Insurance

Discoburg

Anyone bought car insurance from the above mentioned before? Got a quote from there and its 50% cheaper then what MSIG and agents quoted me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Mr_b20 said:

My personal advice to you is not to be penny wise pound foolish. Good luck.

That bad ah? Personal experience?

Happened to Call them yesterday.. cannot provide even a simple answer for a 19 year old P-Plate driver insurance coverage... said will call me back.. but din.. 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Anyone bought car insurance from the above mentioned before? Got a quote from there and its 50% cheaper then what MSIG and agents quoted me.

Add on the optional extras (that other mainstream insurers offer in their coverage) to see the actual difference.

• Praise 1

35 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

Add on the optional extras (that other mainstream insurers offer in their coverage) to see the actual difference.

Ok. Guess will stick to MSIG.

6 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Happened to Call them yesterday.. cannot provide even a simple answer for a 19 year old P-Plate driver insurance coverage... said will call me back.. but din.. 

My experience is that they will call back to follow up, which isn't too bad.

What is bad is that they will not cover any driver above 70, named or unnamed, even if willing to pay higher premiums.

Since i let my father drive my car, I had to look elsewhere lor...

On 8/26/2019 at 8:14 PM, Discoburg said:

Heard coverage excludes driving in msia

My renewal with Budget Direct is at 958. Vs FWD 978.

However , apple to apple comparison , the latter is running promotion $150 captialand voucher and until tomorrow additional $50 shell voucher.  

I hasnt used FWD before, anyone , any experience to share 

23 minutes ago, Innocuous said:

However , apple to apple comparison , the latter is running promotion $150 captialand voucher and until tomorrow additional $50 shell voucher.  

I believe FWD does not cover flood or any acts of god (falling trees). Trawled their website and policy wording, no mention of these at all.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Innocuous said:

I compare these two and only FWD willing to insure 19 year old P plater with additional excess of $2500

17 hours ago, Beehive3783 said:

I believe FWD does not cover flood or any acts of god (falling trees). Trawled their website and policy wording, no mention of these at all.

Yes it does 

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Innocuous said:

Yes it does 

Can share which part of the policy contract states this? Thanks

Edited by Beehive3783

17 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

Can share which part of the policy contract states this? Thanks

I have FWD policy file in PDF , 15 pages of it.  If u keen , give me your email I forward it to u 

1 hour ago, Innocuous said:

I have FWD policy file in PDF , 15 pages of it.  If u keen , give me your email I forward it to u 

I have the policy wording from FWD's website. I don't see any specific line mentioning that they cover claims for damage due to flood or acts of god. Without specifically stating it in the policy wording, they can always find ways to shirk responsibility if it happens.

6 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

I have the policy wording from FWD's website. I don't see any specific line mentioning that they cover claims for damage due to flood or acts of god. Without specifically stating it in the policy wording, they can always find ways to shirk responsibility if it happens.

You need a lawyer to explain to you😂

If Your Car (including spare parts) and any Accessories are Accidentally damaged, lost or stolen during the Period of Insurance,
We will, at Our discretion:
• Pay for damage repairs at an FWD Premium Workshop or a workshop of Your choice (if You have bought the “Your Preferred Workshop” option);
• Replace Your Car, its Accessories and/or its spare parts; or
• Pay in cash the Market Value of Your Car, the part of Your Car, its Accessories and/or its spare parts that were damaged orlost, plus the standard market costs of fitting those parts and, where appropriate, the reasonable cost of sea-freighting those parts to Singapore (including any import duties).

“Accident”, “Accidental” or “Accidentally” refers to a sudden, unexpected and unintentional event that is the only cause of damage or injury and has a visible impact on a person’s external appearance, or his or her property’s external appearance.
This is an event that occurs during the Period of Insurance.

When Benefits Are Not Payable (“General Exclusions”)

Loss or damage caused by war or other acts of foreign enemy (whether war is declared or not), pollution by chemical, biological, nuclear or radioactive agents or any act of terrorism, regardless if any other cause or event contributes concurrently or in any other sequence to the loss;
• An act of terrorism means an act, including but not limited to the use of force or violence and/or the threat of force and violence, by any person or group of persons, whether acting alone or on behalf or in connection with any organization or government committed for political, religious, ideological or similar purposes including the intention to influence any government and/or to put the public or any section of the public in fear

↡ Advertisement