COE Bidding – March 2023

Carbon82

jamesc also did not bid aggressively for COE but always got the COE for his customers.

:D

jamesc cars are also priced affordably for people that can afford.

↡ Advertisement

On 3/9/2023 at 7:36 PM, yishunite said:

Boom/bust cycle... when COE quota come up and price comes down again... these companies all will be saddle with high depre "asset" and low demand. I genuinely hope they go bust coz they fuel the high COE for short term gain

These tech companies have lots of investors money to burn, no way they will.go bust. Just see what happen to LCR, they used to have a lot of high COE cars but end up they still happy pun pee pee. 

• Sad 1

On 3/9/2023 at 8:42 PM, Ct3833 said:

These tech companies have lots of investors money to burn, no way they will.go bust. Just see what happen to LCR, they used to have a lot of high COE cars but end up they still happy pun pee pee. 

They got millions to burn and we have to struggle with just a 100k+ COE 😂 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 3/9/2023 at 7:32 PM, Ginyu said:

Ya no money just have to wake up earlier to beat the crowd so can grab a seat in the bus 😂 

Nowadays even wake up early also no means can get a seat in the bus/MRT. Our public transport no matter what time also crowded now.

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

(edited)
On 3/9/2023 at 8:56 PM, 13177 said:

Nowadays even wake up early also no means can get a seat in the bus/MRT. Our public transport no matter what time also crowded now.

Take MRT at 10am.

Not crowded

😜

Edited by inlinesix
  • Haha! 2

On 3/10/2023 at 8:12 AM, yishunite said:

Yes when you join many retirees and unemployed 🤣

Flexible working hours.

Not everyone can get this benefit 

On 3/10/2023 at 9:02 AM, inlinesix said:

Flexible working hours.

Not everyone can get this benefit 

Flexible working hours? Not easy to find company allow flexible working hours. Unless you are refering to those property/insurance agents or freelance job.

On 3/10/2023 at 9:14 AM, 13177 said:

Flexible working hours? Not easy to find company allow flexible working hours. Unless you are refering to those property/insurance agents or freelance job.

My boss does not care what time I get into office as long as my work is done on time,

On 3/9/2023 at 9:08 PM, inlinesix said:

Take MRT at 10am.

Not crowded

😜

Bo leh. Now even 10am 11am also crowded.

Dunno where all these people come from also.

• Haha! 1

On 3/9/2023 at 9:08 PM, inlinesix said:

Take MRT at 10am.

Not crowded

😜

Though i have a car, i take MRT to work. Am the west end guy and work in central. To have a smooth driving journey, i need to leave house at 645am. After 7, the traffic will be horrendous. Raining lagi worst. When i take train, I shut my house 'door' at 7.25am and open my office 'door' at 8.40am. Moreover before 7.45am, trip per cost is $1.50 niah. Save me all the stress and frustration and still have time to beo 'eye candies' and "act knowledgeable reading 154 news". 🙂 

Edited by Rayleigh
  • Praise 7

On 3/10/2023 at 5:24 PM, Rayleigh said:

Though i have a car, i take MRT to work. Am the west end guy and work in central. To have a smooth driving journey, i need to leave house at 645am. After 7, the traffic will be horrendous. Raining lagi worst. When i take train, I shut my house 'door' at 7.25am and open my office 'door' at 8.40am. Moreover before 7.45am, trip per cost is $1.50 niah. Save me all the stress and frustration and still have time to beo 'eye candies' and "act knowledgeable reading 154 news". 🙂 

Good for you. Not to mention the exercise from walking. If you are middle aged like me, it’s very beneficial to reduce your dependence on your car. Save money, work your heart and burn calories. I seldom drive if I go into CBD. Train is almost always faster and of course much cheaper

• Praise 3

On 3/10/2023 at 9:54 PM, Fitmugen said:

Good for you. Not to mention the exercise from walking. If you are middle aged like me, it’s very beneficial to reduce your dependence on your car. Save money, work your heart and burn calories. I seldom drive if I go into CBD. Train is almost always faster and of course much cheaper

Yap. My kids are grown up. Car dependency is at minimal. Daughter started working and son is in poly Y2. Car is usually for dinner and weekend errands. 

• Praise 1

On 3/10/2023 at 5:24 PM, Rayleigh said:

Depend on how each individual see it. Some people don't mind to stuck in horrendous traffic cause they are still having their own space inside their car, rather than packed with other people in public transport. But some people find it stressful and frustration to drive in a horrendous traffic and don't mind taking public transport.

• Praise 1

On 3/9/2023 at 12:04 PM, Benarsenal said:

GetGo. BlueSG. Tribecar etc. They every week also chut car. Like endless money pit.

On 3/9/2023 at 1:31 PM, Mkl22 said:

likely end up like uber..... with their Lion City Rentals which Pok big time after..

On 3/9/2023 at 1:41 PM, 13177 said:

But those GetGo, BlueSG, Tribecar are car sharing than PHV service, think they can survive since car sharing demand is quite high.

On 3/9/2023 at 6:50 PM, Stratovarius said:

Oei! 🤣707644664_Screenshot_20230309-1812122.thumb.jpg.6f5f304a7a7b5f2515e024dac96b7a74.jpg

https://www.statista.com/statistics/953848/number-of-private-hire-cars-singapore/

Based on this, phv only like less than 10% of total car population in Singapore?

But then with quotas so low, every bid matters also.  Cos the number of bids exceed the quota by a bit (absolute numbers) also.

• Praise 1

On 3/12/2023 at 6:39 AM, Philipkee said:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/953848/number-of-private-hire-cars-singapore/

Based on this, phv only like less than 10% of total car population in Singapore?

But then with quotas so low, every bid matters also.  Cos the number of bids exceed the quota by a bit (absolute numbers) also.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltagov/who_we_are/statistics_and_publications/statistics/pdf/M06B-Vehs_by_Type.pdf
4% of total car population.

15% of new car registered in 2022 is PHV.

Proportionally, it had increased by 0.5%

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

On 3/12/2023 at 11:02 AM, inlinesix said:

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltagov/who_we_are/statistics_and_publications/statistics/pdf/M06B-Vehs_by_Type.pdf
4% of total car population.

15% of new car registered in 2022 is PHV.

Proportionally, it had increased by 0.5%

percentage is one thing.. the amount of time they (PHV) on the road i believe will paint a realistic picture.. most of us just drive to n from office..

I rather the sibei rich one buy many cars and park in garage or let they maid drive to market tiah.. whahahahahha..

• Praise 2