Michelle Yeoh makes history as first Asian to win Best Actress Oscar

Fitvip

Supercharged
On 3/13/2023 at 6:50 PM, Fitvip said:

CNA

Michelle Yeoh makes history as first Asian to win Best Actress Oscar

The 60-year-old Malaysian star wins for her role in Everything Everywhere All At Once.

image.png.f2e3549a118333366dfb77d921114204.png

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/entertainment/michelle-yeoh-wins-oscars-best-actress-everything-everywhere-all-once-351356

Yeap, I watched this live in the morning.  So happy for her. First Asian actress to win Oscar for Best actress  in the Academy 95 years of history.

I watched the movie, the story was just ok for me, but there is no doubt of the excellent acting by all the actors. But the true genius I feel is in the editing department (which they also won an Oscar). The editing has to be extremely meticulous and patient in order to bring the effect of the multi-verse all together. Those who has done simple video editing will know how difficult that can be.

As for Michelle,  most boomers and Gen-X have seen how she has progressed. A lot of hard work for a 60 year old to win this one. Congrats and Msia Boleh! 😁

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 6

I could only last 30mins into that movie...the actings were horrendous...macam watching Asian crazy rich liddat...

'Where the wind blows' was a much more entertaining one to watch. 

• Haha! 5

i actually tot "all quiet at the western front" is a more deserving movie as best pic.... dont come and shoot me hor. i say first - malaysia boleh! Truly asia. 

• Praise 2

Supercharged
On 3/13/2023 at 7:52 PM, mersaylee said:

I could only last 30mins into that movie...the actings were horrendous...macam watching Asian crazy rich liddat...

Need to get used to Asian acting because remembering Hollywood english scripts yet acting it out is another layer of challenge. 

AMDK acting definitely more natural because it is their language, but considering the multi-facet characters that Michelle & Ke Huy Quan had to portray in the movie, I feel it is pretty good already.

Edited by Starry

On 3/13/2023 at 8:11 PM, Estrangable said:

i actually tot "all quiet at the western front" is a more deserving movie as best pic.... dont come and shoot me hor. i say first - malaysia boleh! Truly asia. 

Yes, that one was also very nicely produced despite a bit gloomy...maybe that's the point...

On 3/13/2023 at 8:35 PM, Starry said:

Need to get used to Asian acting because remembering Hollywood english scripts yet acting it out is another layer of challenge. 

AMDK acting definitely more natural because it is their language, but considering the multi-facet characters that Michelle & Ke Huy Quan had to portray in the movie, I feel it is pretty good already.

I found the gay daughter was a better performer...

• Haha! 1

On 3/13/2023 at 9:18 PM, Benarsenal said:

I was more intrigued by the Brendan Fraser film, The Whale, for which he won Best Actor.

Apparently a very sad film.

Read much about that one...a must watch it seems...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 3/13/2023 at 5:22 PM, mersaylee said:

Lol ... You're patient.... I switched off at 15 mins 😄

Not sure how the movie shut out others like All Quiet on the Western Front, Maverick etc 

• Haha! 2

On 3/13/2023 at 9:45 PM, Karoon said:

Lol ... You're patient.... I switched off at 15 mins 😄

Not sure how the movie shut out others like All Quiet on the Western Front, Maverick etc 

Sometimes this type of gala is gila one...it's wayang wayang afterall 😁

• Haha! 3

On 3/13/2023 at 7:52 PM, mersaylee said:

You ain’t the only one. 

A man called Otto is much more entertaining.

• Praise 3

Never watch the movie. It's been many years since I had the patience to watch the movies featured in Oscars. And definitely only if I had to pay money and sit down watch in theater without distractions. It's just not possible with Netflix at home. 8

On 3/13/2023 at 10:00 PM, Lala81 said:

Never watch the movie. It's been many years since I had the patience to watch the movies featured in Oscars. And definitely only if I had to pay money and sit down watch in theater without distractions. It's just not possible with Netflix at home. 8

My wife oredi planned for me to benefit from the soon to be 4.50 per ticket...i said to her "I half price not you also half price hor" 😂

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
On 3/13/2023 at 9:59 PM, Fcw75 said:

You ain’t the only one. 

A man called Otto is much more entertaining.

This show is  very heart warming.  Great show from Hanks.  I keep thinking that if UP (an animation) has a follow-up live rendition, it will be the show Otto

• Praise 1