Adulting 101: How losing 5 friends to sudden deaths from cardiac arrest led me to an existential crisis

Windwaver

On 3/19/2023 at 12:14 PM, Atonchia said:

The 3 highs

High blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol.

All are chronic ailments.

Then got cancer, all the "xxitis" inflammation, growth, Dementia, Alzheimer, atrophy lah.....

Heart issues are sudden death.....

But these people who died suddenly no need to suffer.

https://youtu.be/V-nbvAnq65I

Having seen people who are unconscious bed ridden,  dementia etc ..

Ive come to the point where I think a sudden death isn't so bad. 

Dying is natural... living death isn't... but that's just me.😌

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

On 3/19/2023 at 1:13 PM, Playtime said:

Having seen people who are unconscious bed ridden,  dementia etc ..

Ive come to the point where I think a sudden death isn't so bad. 

Dying is natural... living death isn't... but that's just me.😌

Yup I have seen love ones suffering from pain of cancer & dementia. Both type debilitating and draining to patient and stressful to caretaker .....

Heart attack is quick and swift to the person dying but emotionally & socially hard to people close to the person. Like suddenly there is a vacuum. Will be financially hard if there's isn't any prior life/accident/house loan insurance to cover living expenses for family.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
On 3/19/2023 at 1:01 PM, Karoon said:

5 between 25-35? 

This one really outlier.

Maybe he has a gene in him that unknowingly attracts him to people with cardiac problems. 

I'll also be surprised if he hasn't gone full 'vax did this' 

Hmmmm....maybe the writer is the jinx instead? 

• Haha! 5

On 3/19/2023 at 1:23 PM, Atonchia said:

Heart attack is quick and swift to the person dying but emotionally & socially hard to people close to the person. Like suddenly there is a vacuum. Will be financially hard if there's isn't any prior life/accident/house loan insurance to cover living expenses for family.

It may sound heartless

But if no insurance... and even with...,  a long illness is much much worse for loved ones. Cos not only hugely increased medical cost,  if need full time care very likely care giver cannot go out to work even. Will really wreck the family future. 

There really no solution unless super elite can afford employ full time carer. 😬

• Praise 4

On 3/19/2023 at 1:48 PM, Soya said:

Maybe Darth Vader been behind him all the time.

On 3/19/2023 at 12:56 PM, Soya said:

Lol.....liddat better go stock up on marlboro n drink ourselves silly

Some people really still smoke and drink for their entire life and yet they can still live until 70s or 80s. Just that they might die of lung or liver disease. Who say if smoke and drink will surely die young. 😂

• Haha! 2

On 3/19/2023 at 1:53 PM, Playtime said:

It may sound heartless

But if no insurance... and even with...,  a long illness is much much worse for loved ones. Cos not only hugely increased medical cost,  if need full time care very likely care giver cannot go out to work even. Will really wreck the family future. 

There really no solution unless super elite can afford employ full time carer. 😬

Yah...chronic / terminal illness draining both physically and financially.

If have large family, cost can be shared (provided all are willing) now all small family size, anything wrong....the caring depends on spouse (if surviving) or the only one or 2 kids... for care and send off.

The younger generation will face more pressure. Especially we are in an aging demographic..... 

• Sad 1

Yup I have seen love ones suffering from pain of cancer & dementia. Both type debilitating and draining to patient and stressful to caretaker .....

I think it depends. Slow death at least give you mental preparation. Like you already see the finish line coming so you know what to expect.

• Sad 1

On 3/19/2023 at 2:01 PM, 13177 said:

Some people really still smoke and drink for their entire life and yet they can still live until 70s or 80s. Just that they might die of lung or liver disease. Who say if smoke and drink will surely die young. 😂

Health advocates and authority didn't say smoking and drinking will die young😅

Probably die younger than average lifespan of 84yrs old

But because the cause of death is by cancer. 

Dying is a really painful process.

• Sad 1

On 3/19/2023 at 2:05 PM, Benarsenal said:

I think it depends. Slow death at least give you mental preparation. Like you already see the finish line coming so you know what to expect.

True, even if we say a year left....Most will panic and start to prioritise their life.

But we should be prioritising it before any illness or death. 

Have seen

lung cancer take the breath out of person dying from it, every breath is labouring.

Seen cancer spread to hands and fingers all shrivelled and turned black.

Dementia slowly whittle the person away from forgetful to total no memories, child-like then totally bedridden, staring blankly and coma like in last 2 years before passing... in span of 5years.

Have heard.

Liver cancer suffering, heard from spouse taking care last moment, blood oozed out from all orifices. 

• Sad 1

On 3/19/2023 at 1:43 AM, Inlinefour said:

most of my super health conscious people around me almost all up lorry already 🙈🙉🙊 

I guess we just moderate in everything will do 🥂🥂🥂

人生有几多个十年 🙏🙏🙏

When it’s time it’s time

• Praise 2

On 3/19/2023 at 5:48 AM, Soya said:

I dream of u then u know

• Haha! 2

On 3/19/2023 at 9:43 AM, Inlinefour said:

most of my super health conscious people around me almost all up lorry already 🙈🙉🙊 

I guess we just moderate in everything will do 🥂🥂🥂

人生有几多个十年 🙏🙏🙏

Can you please go check your mailbox for the Merdeka Gen Kad ……. Collecting dust lah 🤪

• Haha! 1

On 3/19/2023 at 3:27 PM, BanCoe said:

Can you please go check your mailbox for the Merdeka Gen Kad ……. Collecting dust lah 🤪

:XD:mine Platinum Pioneer :grin:

Turbocharged

Cardiac arrest is quick. Heart attack, not so.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 3/19/2023 at 1:48 PM, Soya said:

Cia would recruit him. Untraceable assassin. 

↡ Advertisement