Changi Airport clinches World’s Best Airport 2023 after losing for past 2 years

Tohto

One of the most important thing, no obvious guns walking around, 'big kill atmosphere'.

Maybe can have gag patrol for tourists...ancient Asian warrior four patrolling. The usual trope, Malay Pahlawan, Chinese Pirate, Angmoh sailor and Indian Sepoy.

And fierce chio shapely ladies four of course.

• Haha! 2

According to Customer Survey on World Best airport are based on 

Standard of Airport website, Airport APP, Ease of access, efficiency and prices

Availability of Taxi Rides shares & prices, Terminal comfort, Luggage, trolleys, Restrooms cleanliness and waiting areas

Immigration-Queuing times, System efficiency, Lost & found Svc, Security screening, security staff's attitude, Choice of shopping, restaurant and lounges, Power charging facilities, money changer, Duty free shops , Wifi service-Speed, ATM , Priority delivery efficiency, Perception of security & safety standard.

SIA cabin crew do not play a major role, maybe only the dress code-Kebaya yes. Don't expect them to look fresh fish after arrival here 😜

• Praise 2

On 3/19/2023 at 3:00 PM, Meanmachine said:

According to Customer Survey on World Best airport are based on 

Standard of Airport website, Airport APP, Ease of access, efficiency and prices

Availability of Taxi Rides shares & prices, Terminal comfort, Luggage, trolleys, Restrooms cleanliness and waiting areas

Immigration-Queuing times, System efficiency, Lost & found Svc, Security screening, security staff's attitude, Choice of shopping, restaurant and lounges, Power charging facilities, money changer, Duty free shops , Wifi service-Speed, ATM , Priority delivery efficiency, Perception of security & safety standard.

SIA cabin crew do not play a major role, maybe only the dress code-Kebaya yes. Don't expect them to look fresh fish after arrival here 😜

This is for best airport,  not best airlines should not have anything to do with SIA.

• Praise 2

Yes, Changi is so far the best airport I have been too. 

Not only the environment, but the efficiency is top class.

I touched down at the airport at 7am, the plane docked and the doors open at 7:10am, and by 7:25am, I have already collected my luggage and waiting at the taxi stand. Nowhere in the world have I experienced this.

But sadly, the same cannot be said of SIA. The experience of sitting in SIA economy is no better than any other airlines, there is no more reason why you should choose SIA anymore. On the contary, I booked STARLUX economy to Taipei. Cheaper by SIA by $100++ but the service and food and service are top-notch! Even better than what SIA is pre-covid.

• Praise 2

On 3/20/2023 at 1:49 PM, Silverkris said:

I touched down at the airport at 7am, the plane docked and the doors open at 7:10am, and by 7:25am, I have already collected my luggage and waiting at the taxi stand. Nowhere in the world have I experienced this.

But sadly, the same cannot be said of SIA. The experience of sitting in SIA economy is no better than any other airlines, there is no more reason why you should choose SIA anymore. On the contary, I booked STARLUX economy to Taipei. Cheaper by SIA by $100++ but the service and food and service are top-notch! Even better than what SIA is pre-covid.

Every cost cutting by SIA is destroying the airlines.  

Previously when I book full flexibility flight on economy class for business trip, I got 35kg of luggage, now only 30kg. No more menu hand out on the flight.  Even though there is online version.  But I believe most passenger will not know where to check for in. 

Maybe you landed at 7am, still not very crowded, thats why so fast your luggage already out. I remember during the pre-covid days, landed in the evening, waited quite long for the luggage to appear lo. I also cannot complain since that timing is consider super peak period where many planes land la.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
On 3/20/2023 at 2:01 PM, Tohto said:

Previously when I book full flexibility flight on economy class for business trip, I got 35kg of luggage, now only 30kg. No more menu hand out on the flight.  Even though there is online version.  But I believe most passenger will not know where to check for in. 

SQ removed both the starter and fruits from their economy meal. I recently took ChinaAirlines (taiwan carrier) and their meal is still full sized.

Yeah SQ is going quite far in terms of its cost cutting

On 3/20/2023 at 2:01 PM, Tohto said:

Seems like SIA cut costing many things le. from 35kg to 30kg luggage, no more menu hand out and no more serving of hot towel. What else also cut? 😅 If no more menu hand out, and passenger dont know where to check for, then just ask the cabin crew what meals they have. 😂

• Praise 1

The Middle Eastern airlines (Emirates, Qatar) blow SQ away by miles. Turkish Airlines also not bad.

On 3/20/2023 at 2:17 PM, 13177 said:

Seems like SIA cut costing many things le. from 35kg to 30kg luggage, no more menu hand out and no more serving of hot towel. What else also cut? 😅 If no more menu hand out, and passenger dont know where to check for, then just ask the cabin crew what meals they have. 😂

Cabin crew will always inform of the menu. But having a physical menu will always impress passengers.  

Hot towel is definitely good and a class above other airlines economy class,  but with Covid I rather not to have it. 

On 3/20/2023 at 5:14 PM, t0y0ta said:

SQ removed both the starter and fruits from their economy meal. I recently took ChinaAirlines (taiwan carrier) and their meal is still full sized.

Yeah SQ is going quite far in terms of its cost cutting

If not how to have billion $ profit?

Turbocharged

Yeah, if anyone moves around, our airport is luxurious and full of activities compare to others. Renovation is also one of the best, sometimes I wonder if we can reduce cost by being simple can liao

On 3/21/2023 at 2:27 PM, Arogab said:

Yeah, if anyone moves around, our airport is luxurious and full of activities compare to others. Renovation is also one of the best, sometimes I wonder if we can reduce cost by being simple can liao

Mai lah, wait too simple I cannot get onto the taxi after 20mins step out of the plane.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 3/21/2023 at 2:48 PM, Tohto said:

Mai lah, wait too simple I cannot get onto the taxi after 20mins step out of the plane.

I meant renovation not so high end lah. You know, when I first step onto Zurich airport donkey years back. I see their renovation is just so low cost. Haha

↡ Advertisement