Reflections: Life lessons at 30

SiLangKia

On 3/29/2023 at 10:56 AM, Playtime said:

honestly thats the most convincing explanation ive heard so far.

come to think of it... i used to always order teh peng. can be 3, 4 cups a day.

until i noticed the height of condensed milk they put at the bottom of the cups ... multiply by 4 cups a day... thats like about 1/3 cup daily. Multiply by 1 week.... i could be drinking a whole tin of condensed milk weekly 😨.... so i stopped teh peng.😅

better for health too la.

Look at the cans carefully. It may say sweetened creamer rather than condensed milk. That's worse.

Reflection.....

30- head still full of hair 

40- thinning hair

Now coming 50.... Aiyo, still have that last bit...

Enjoy your life and dun think too much, else it causes hair loss!😜

• Haha! 7

On 3/29/2023 at 10:46 AM, Jamesc said:

Every life is different and these is no good life and there is no bad life.

Human conditioning deludes us to what is good and what is bad but its all delusion.

Long life good short life bad? I call BS to that because you can live a lifetime in a day and lived a hundred years and never really lived or learnt anything.

AdChoices
ADVERTISING

Healthy life good sick life bad? I call BS to that because people that got cancer always say "why me? why this? why now?"

But people with cancer also say - "this is the best thing that ever happened to me?"

Doctor giving you the bad news you got cancer is a death sentence right? But its also life sentence. So many people after hearing they got cancer for the first time in their life stopped and starting to think and reflect on their life.

And they realise wealth and success are baubles and trinkets. The important things is relationships, friends and family and just a simple coffee and a chat, a kind word or deed. 

Success and failure. I call BS to that because of I was I wrote above and because your mind defines success and failure based on what society says and that is a value system that is meaningless.

Good name, bad name, criminal? The criminal is the luckiest person in the world that has a mother that comes out and say he is a good boy!

Good people bad criminals all have a place in society and a mother that loves you regardless wow that's unconditional love and is the only true love.

Anyway criminals provide jobs for policeman. That's a service to the community. 

:D

I met a 75 year old nun in a convent recently and she is a mother superior and she said this.

Everyone is born, grows old, gets sick and dies.

The rich people with more money will give all their money to doctors so they can live a bit longer

and the poor with no money will die a bit earlier.

All this nun does is care for old people that cannot look after themselves and after years of so much care and love she got so much wisdom and it was summarised so beautifully in those words. 

Wah @Jamesc top form today!😁

• Haha! 6

If I was rich I wouldn't come MCF.

I will be too busy spending money.

I no money so come MCF

because MCF no need money!

• Haha! 6

3 things to know to be happy at 30!

Your body is not yours. You have zero control over your body. Quite a few stories I heard of people heart stopping just like that. One minute no sickness, no health problems next minute just drop dead.

You can eat all the tofu and brown rice and exercise but that won't stop you growing old, getting sick and dying.

And sickness come at the most inopportune time. You want to go on holiday and you fall sick, why now!

Let me be sick when I have to go to work lah! Sick when going for holiday? The worse is bad stomach when on holiday. So much nice food also cannot eat.

Let me have a bad stomach when I want to go on diet lah!

Your thoughts are not yours. Everyone including me brain washes you. Although I am the only one that admits it.

You see marketing men use advertisements to brainwash you. To be young and sexy you need to buy this or that spot car or you need to have lots of hair to be young and sexy and attract women.

So silly rich men gives lots of money to companies to help them grow back their hair.

Stupid or what? I have seen so many bald men with hot sexy girlfriends. Its not the hair, its the money!

So keep the money and use that to attract hot sexy women!

Govs will brainwash you to control your thoughts. Companies and most insidiously social media will brainwash you.

I hate all those shallow people that post first class airtix and hashage #Blessed! How insecure can you be to do that? 

Be original lah! I post a pic of my MIL and hashtag #Blessed! 

image.png.e75451af14a1426c86085988c459c776.png

So your thoughts are not your own its implanted there but what does this mean?

It means your fears and hopes and dreams are not really yours at all!

What you think you like or don't like is not you at all! I just had a craving for a Big Mac but that's just advertising implemented the idea that I could murder a Big Mac right now. 

Just wait a while and it will pass and I will fancy a nice pizza the one with all the cheese oozing out! 

So what you like or don't like is all conditioning and not really you at all.

So your body is not yours and your mind is not yours and how you see the world is not you. 

Happy, sad are just feelings that come and go and is not you. 

Seeing yourself as beautiful or ugly is also not you. Its just cosmetics industry making you feel you are not good looking enough.

I have stated 2 out of 3 and as every good writer knows always leave the reader hungry for more.

If you read 1 and 2 you can work out what 3 is for yourself.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 5

1st time saw SLK has a so serious thread, not those signal related one.

Sorry I can't contribute much as still working very hard to feed the family, not able to full cash for a car yet.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 7

Your fears are not yours, your hopes are not yours, your dreams are not yours.

Trump likes to put fear into people. You don't vote for Trump the bad people will destroy your way of life.

My sis puts the fear of cockroaches into her daughter. The Indonesian maid has no fear of cockroaches. She just picks up the dead roach by its whiskers using her hands.

I had a dream I will be sailing around the world with wifey about now. Stopping at some idyllic tropical port and taking a tour of the island. After a few days pulling up anchor and sailing to the next exotic location.

But kids and MIL put a quick end to that dream. The price of everything keeps going up and MIL holidays and toys so ex.

Used car biz and spa paradise is so competitive. I only do clean massages and all my competitors are giving underhanded touching and rubbing! 

So all hopes of a nice retirement to some nice home by the beach have all but faded.

Its all just keeping head above water with all the bills, bills, bills.

Some people are afraid of the dentist I have a phobia of the postman because its Bill again.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 3/29/2023 at 10:56 AM, Playtime said:

honestly thats the most convincing explanation ive heard so far.

come to think of it... i used to always order teh peng. can be 3, 4 cups a day.

until i noticed the height of condensed milk they put at the bottom of the cups ... multiply by 4 cups a day... thats like about 1/3 cup daily. Multiply by 1 week.... i could be drinking a whole tin of condensed milk weekly 😨.... so i stopped teh peng.😅

better for health too la.

just order teh c kosong peng lah

😬

• Haha! 1

but you only 30, no wife, no in law, no kids, no much different. Come back after you 'achieved' those status [laugh]

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
On 3/29/2023 at 1:13 PM, Davidklt said:

I think many can say. MCF grew old with them.😄

If MCF was a newborn when I first joined, it would be eligible to vote this year.....lol

• Haha! 3

Supersonic

I am in my 50s and am stronger now than I have ever been, even during NS times.  

My one motto that I live by and truly believe in is that while I love my spouse, kids and enjoy the company of friends, I am happy and proud to say that I can be alone but not feel lonely.    I am at peace with myself and in my own thoughts.  

• Praise 20

Supercharged

My advice for 30 years old is this......

Don't just focus on "working" side of things. Sure, hard work, good performance, hit all the KPI are important, but these can only help you so much.  

Start to also focus  on 'human" side of things.  Start by learning to be compassionate, be a good listener and communicator ,  be empathetic to others and help others to grow.

The human side of things will become important when the person hit 40 where one need to have respect, trust and influence to move up further. Just hard work itself will not be enough to move up at that age and this is where most will hit the snag.

• Praise 3

On 3/29/2023 at 8:30 PM, BanCoe said:

MCF quite boring last few dayz until SLK open this topic 🤣🤣

Suddenly so many 30s? 

• Haha! 1

At 30 years old, was just working like a dog at work. Not a healthy lifestyle at all but got by cos still youngish. 

Got married at age 30. 

Started getting out of the shadow of my parents and establishing my own independent family. Had my kid within one year of marriage. We never planned for it so soon when we haven't even gotten our flat yet.

Also had difficulties between my mum and my wife. Had to set some boundaries which was tested over the years and only settled a couple of years later. Which was a pain in the ass. 

I think the 30s are about beginning a new phase of independent life, setting the foundations of your career and recognizing your own flaws (lifestyle, attitudes) and beginning to correct them. The latter is not really possible in your 20s cos your assumptions had no wisdom or insight behind them. 

By your late 30s, you would have seen lot more phenotypes and repetitive patterns (even if you are like me generally someone who absolutely is the last to know about any gossip). Even your mentors/seniors, you would begin to see their flaws and sometimes understand how you may have some rosy tinted glasses in the first place. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12