Reflections: Life lessons at 30

SiLangKia

Bro Tianmo intro this song which is quite reflective of life in general. Sharing it here.

TS is mature despite only 30. An old soul in a young body. 😄

Me at 30? It's only about me until marriage, have kids. Loss of a brother at 38 woke me up.

Recently came across a writing that I like. Sharing it before I forget. 

立定脚跟做人

放大肚皮容物

At 50s, forget quickly unpleasant stuff, only remember the good ones. Trying to do that. 

• Praise 9

On 3/29/2023 at 8:16 PM, Starry said:

My advice for 30 years old is this......

Don't just focus on "working" side of things. Sure, hard work, good performance, hit all the KPI are important, but these can only help you so much.  

Start to also focus  on 'human" side of things.  Start by learning to be compassionate, be a good listener and communicator ,  be empathetic to others and help others to grow.

The human side of things will become important when the person hit 40 where one need to have respect, trust and influence to move up further. Just hard work itself will not be enough to move up at that age and this is where most will hit the snag.

Have seen "climbers" step over everyone... only to end up like socially excluded nobody even want to la kopi with. 

• Praise 3

Two types of people

Oblivious people too busy living their lives and never think why are we have?

And people that ask why are we have and what is the meaning of life?

:D

If people know why we are here then they would live their lives very differently.

30 is a good age to find out.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

On 3/29/2023 at 11:59 AM, Estrangable said:

at 30 years old, my ex gf kept pushing me to get married... what are u waiting for.. u are already 30... she was 29 then.

the only thing i rem... the day we broke up.. i went partying with my brothers... probably one of the happiest day of my life. Finally out of the miserable r/s.... dont get me wrong... i was partially at fault as well... but i really disliked having to "report" to her and all her suspicions.... "what are u doing now".... 

My advice which i think is gold... "dont be afraid to move out of a relationship or marriage... when you are with a wrong person... u are just simply wasting your life away. Dont be afraid of being alone. You rather be alone and happy , rather than stuck in a shitty r/s. 

I heard many stories of this kind... end up is usually that the woman very quickly married the next guy ...

So you also chop chop hoot the next girl?

On 3/30/2023 at 9:07 AM, Playtime said:

I heard many stories of this kind... end up is usually that the woman very quickly married the next guy ...

So you also chop chop hoot the next girl?

no leh, she went to a depression afterwards and her father called me and kan me non stop. 

That's why friends said i drive women crazy.... hahah

• Haha! 5

The best advise a man can get at 30.

Don't think too much about girls.

Buy a house and work hard to faster pay it off.

When you have a house the girls will come.

And you save a lot on hotel bills.

The magic chat up line is

"Come over to me place and I cook dinner for you."

After a nice dinner with good food and wine its not safe to drive her home.

image.png.d43f499fbbb2c7454f0790169b729a79.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 3

On 3/30/2023 at 9:29 AM, Jamesc said:

When you have a house the girls will come.

And you save a lot on hotel bills.

The magic chat up line is

"Come over to me place and I cook dinner for you."

After a nice dinner with good food and wine its not safe to drive her home.

image.png.d43f499fbbb2c7454f0790169b729a79.png

this is gold. Honestly. After i got my place, i always use the "come over to my place and let me prepare dinner for both of us. "... i always wear my armor suit before she arrive.... armor suit = cooking apron. 

Edited by Estrangable
  • Haha! 6

On 3/30/2023 at 9:29 AM, Jamesc said:

wa lau eh..... if take 30 year loan die lor?

by 60 yr then find wife 😟

• Haha! 1

On 3/30/2023 at 9:38 AM, Estrangable said:

"... i always wear my armor suit before she arrive.

for a while.... i tot another kinda soft armour.🤣

image.png.4890f6ea1c8fc5225635fcb67960ca8c.png

Edited by Playtime
  • Haha! 2

On 3/30/2023 at 9:49 AM, Fitvip said:

This some how applies to guys as well!

im not sure..... in today context, even 35 is not easy to have children liao.... even if successful, its almost certaintly only child, cos by the time want another, may be pushing 40.

unlike last time easily can football team. maybe its the food.... cos they also got a lot of stress in life mah.

but the politically acceptable 20k, i belive he referring to immigration.... that broke long long ago lor.

• Praise 1

On 3/30/2023 at 10:56 AM, Playtime said:

im not sure..... in today context, even 35 is not easy to have children liao.... even if successful, its almost certaintly only child, cos by the time want another, may be pushing 40.

unlike last time easily can football team. maybe its the food.... cos they also got a lot of stress in life mah.

but the politically acceptable 20k, i belive he referring to immigration.... that broke long long ago lor.

This takes each and every individual to realise the consequences and plan early. Start working on it before is is too late. Otherwise, we have to keep importing which will change the demography in no time!

On 3/30/2023 at 10:47 AM, Playtime said:

for a while.... i tot another kinda soft armour.🤣

image.png.4890f6ea1c8fc5225635fcb67960ca8c.png

sorry zhu-guo-ren dont have sexy body like the one above... yours truly is more of tis 

image.png.a31cfc86974a3321a2bba66bd7fe9f4e.png

Edited by Estrangable
  • Haha! 1

On 3/30/2023 at 12:08 PM, Fitvip said:

This takes each and every individual to realise the consequences and plan early. Start working on it before is is too late. Otherwise, we have to keep importing which will change the demography in no time!

this kind of stuff how to plan early?? Dont rush to get married just because u are reaching 30s... i have so many friends who are stuck in unhappy marriages... simply because they didnt want to affect the kids... in the end, their life is an absolute misery... but as usual, they will comfort themselves by saying at least "i have a wonderful son/daughter"

• Praise 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

On 3/30/2023 at 12:14 PM, Estrangable said:

this kind of stuff how to plan early?? Dont rush to get married just because u are reaching 30s... i have so many friends who are stuck in unhappy marriages... simply because they didnt want to affect the kids... in the end, their life is an absolute misery... but as usual, they will comfort themselves by saying at least "i have a wonderful son/daughter"

Marriage itself is a gamble. There is no guarantee that every marriage is a success. Both parties have to work it out.

• Praise 1

On 3/30/2023 at 12:19 PM, Fitvip said:

Marriage itself is a gamble. There is no guarantee that every marriage is a success. Both parties have to work it out.

agreed but dont be pressured to do so just because your bto is here or u are reaching your 30s , or your ah ma is chasing you to settle down. in life, its always these 3 scenarios - 

1 - right person at the wrong time 

2 - wrong person at the right time

3 - wrong person at the wrong time (most miserable... i kenna before)

Edited by Estrangable
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5