Singapore Reckless Drivers Part XIV

RadX

On 5/26/2023 at 10:03 AM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Only when your "a**" pain, you will remember for life. :grin:

3rd offence also got caning hor.  Where got remember?

↡ Advertisement

On 5/25/2023 at 3:15 PM, DOBIEMKZ said:

That should be the way. Even if at fault, also came down and showed some concern to the injured party. ☺️

Thats why I don't bother crossing if a vehicle totally blocking the way. Unless you want to drive slowly to show your head than going all the way in.
There is always a chance some one is rushing to put down the fire or rushing to emergency room to perform open heart surgery or lao sai is at the door.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 5/26/2023 at 12:58 PM, commonjunks said:

Thats why I don't bother crossing if a vehicle totally blocking the way. Unless you want to drive slowly to show your head than going all the way in.
There is always a chance some one is rushing to put down the fire or rushing to emergency room to perform open heart surgery or lao sai is at the door.

Slowly inch out, need to have car tech that can look around corners.

Something like that with guns.

image.png.34a929343696c42fc14752446076792d.png

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Supersonic
On 5/26/2023 at 10:58 AM, commonjunks said:

Precisely, in this situation, red car should not turn since it is blocked the lorry. Even the car wants to turn, also must turn out very slowly, and not turn out so fast.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Today at around 12nn along pie there was an accident in lane 1 involving a GetGo car. Car plate SNK and driven by a young chap. The car was smashed in the front and was still able to drive from pie to cte heading to sle. Jialat. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 5/26/2023 at 3:14 PM, Ingenius said:

Today at around 12nn along pie there was an accident in lane 1 involving a GetGo car. Car plate SNK and driven by a young chap. The car was smashed in the front and was still able to drive from pie to cte heading to sle. Jialat. 

GetGo car again!! [sweatdrop] I think even car is driven by a youngster, but that doesn't equal to dangerous driving or accident, right? But don't understand how come just happen that most GetGo drivers always got involved in accident and happened that it is a young chap.

Yesterday while i was driving into a merger lane, saw one GetGo car, cannot see the driver face, driving quite a high speed behind me towards the merger lane and overtake 2 cars and exited into the expressway. Then very fast again changed to the extreme right lane and speed off. It was during an evening peak when the traffic is considered heavy. 😅

On 5/26/2023 at 3:51 PM, 13177 said:

Yesterday while i was driving into a merger lane, saw one GetGo car, cannot see the driver face, driving quite a high speed behind me towards the merger lane and overtake 2 cars and exited into the expressway. Then very fast again changed to the extreme right lane and speed off. It was during an evening peak when the traffic is considered heavy. 😅

This is something I do.

With signal

😂

• Shocked 1

Supercharged
On 5/25/2023 at 11:22 PM, Jellandross said:

I'm so heartened by all the considerate drivers who gave way to me. This is what a caring society is all about. That's why I'm so motivated to continue cutting lanes at the last minute.

CCB LTA for making right lane exit. :omg: At least they acknowledged the mistake & willing to change.  :a-good:

But then hor...I need to say CCB LTA again because they use out tax $$ to build the right exit. Now they spend another $32.7mil to change it to left side. Really CCB!!:omg:

Right-turn exit on PIE to be replaced with new left exit on May 28

JFG5021pie.jpg?VersionId=3A.JkAcTBR45FfS

From 5am on May 28, Singapore’s only right-turn expressway exit, located on the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE), will be replaced by a new left exit.

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) gave the date of PIE Exit 26A’s relocation in a statement on Sunday after the move was twice delayed. Construction on the $32.7 million project began in February 2018.

With the new exit, motorists on the westbound PIE turning off towards Dunearn Road, Clementi Road and Upper Bukit Timah Road will be led to a downward ramp on the left, which links to the new Rifle Range underpass running underneath the expressway.

The 90m-long underpass will connect back to the existing slip road on the other side of the expressway leading to Jalan Anak Bukit.

LTA told The Straits Times that the move will help to improve traffic flow and safety on the PIE.

Road experts that ST previously interviewed welcomed the removal of the right-turn exit, noting that it was unorthodox.

“By removing the exit, we will avoid situations where fast-moving vehicles have to slow down to give way to vehicles intending to make a right-turn exit,” Mr Bernard Tay, chairman of the Singapore Road Safety Council, said in 2022.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/right-turn-exit-on-pie-to-be-replaced-with-new-left-exit-on-may-28

• Haha! 1

(edited)
On 5/26/2023 at 3:51 PM, 13177 said:

GetGo car again!! [sweatdrop] I think even car is driven by a youngster, but that doesn't equal to dangerous driving or accident, right? But don't understand how come just happen that most GetGo drivers always got involved in accident and happened that it is a young chap.

Get go and blue Sg are the only “cheap” ways to drive car as they charge by hour or per min for blue Sg. Somemore buying a car now is so expensive no thanks to crazy coe Prices, people cannot afford to buy car will rent loh. Cheapest form of rental are getgo and blue Sg compared to renting from car leasing companies. Want car lite society and force people to give up their cars then got live with countless car sharing loh. Gahmen want to push such car lite  direction then live with the consequences.

Edited by Confusedboi
  • Praise 2

On 5/26/2023 at 7:21 PM, Confusedboi said:

Get go and blue Sg are the only “cheap” ways to drive car as they charge by hour or per min for blue Sg. Somemore buying a car now is so expensive no thanks to crazy coe Prices, people cannot afford to buy car will rent loh. Cheapest form of rental are getgo and blue Sg compared to renting from car leasing companies. Want car lite society and force people to give up their cars then got live with countless car sharing loh. Gahmen want to push such car lite  direction then live with the consequences.

Road users bear the consequence.

The problem lies with our driving education.

Incompetent drivers should not be granted with a license 

• Praise 1

On 5/25/2023 at 4:43 PM, Jellandross said:

Sad to hear that one life only worth 18 mth jail.

Victim's family has to sue for losses but sure, big legal $ and perserverence needed as well as loss of income will not be that of medical undergrad .. life is such and LL .. else swap with driver and he wun have this rotten end of the stick 😞

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 5/25/2023 at 11:22 PM, Jellandross said:

I'm so heartened by all the considerate drivers who gave way to me. This is what a caring society is all about. That's why I'm so motivated to continue cutting lanes at the last minute.

I kenna this type before at jurong town hall, near German Singapore institute toward aye.  idiot just chiong out from business park I gotta e brake barely missed him, but end up fella behind hit my car. Idiot just drive off scot free. 🤬

• Sad 2

Slacken and got soft on 2 cases on errant drivers in last few weeks especially on vans and lorries speeding on lane #1 and more of them on lane #2 or 3 that videos cannot be verified on their dashes above speed limits 🙏🙏

However, 2 cases caught again last 2 days on wonderful car's candid camera on lane #1 means I need to buckle up and resume my responsibilities and due dilgience especially since retired with children of driving age to report them 😏

Screenshot_20230526-225416_Chrome.jpg

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
On 5/26/2023 at 7:21 PM, Confusedboi said:

I still don’t understand why the cheap rental available now would result more accident from these car rental? How safe a person drive and how dangerous a person drive should not equal if renting a car or own a car lo.

Actually car sharing scheme has been around for decades, even in the late 90s. But back then no hear so many accidents from these car rental sharing scheme.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 2

On 5/27/2023 at 12:00 AM, 13177 said:

I still don’t understand why the cheap rental available now would result more accident from these car rental? How safe a person drive and how dangerous a person drive should not equal if renting a car or own a car lo.

Actually car sharing scheme has been around for decades, even in the late 90s. But back then no hear so many accidents from these car rental sharing scheme.

think last time dont have dash cams widely available plus sg vaginate website, that time dont have bao toh and shaming culture online yet..😁

Also things have changed a lot since the late 90's, SIngapore population has exploded over the past 2 decades.

Overcrowding everywhere including the roads, a lot of congestion be it whether on main roads or the highways or even within the suburbs. Society has become too fast paced  means people are very stressed out,  so small things can trigger people to drive recklessly 

winner take all mentality in society also filters down to driving habits on the road, must die die win when merging lanes, i change lane when i want, others must give way. No such thing as graciousness, cannot be nice to other drivers or they will makan you😤

why should i give way blah blah, cannot lose mah to others, singaporeans pwn other singaporeans and the almost 50% of the population foreign talent plus worker mentality all lead to increase in accidents loh

• Praise 2

(edited)

230514-MAP-PIE-Exit-26A-change-ONLINE-ne

Seriously, just a short 90m underpass and it took 5 years and $32.7 million to built 🤔

Edited by Cybertech
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1