Malaysia may allow foreign cars to pay tolls using Debit or Credit Cards as soon as 2024

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

Screenshot_20230331_234447_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.3e24671138941cdab7fb757a358a4cda.jpgScreenshot_20230331_234457_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.706e0d9f917c5c372b7e5d0a3edcf2c0.jpgScreenshot_20230331_234531_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.1ad6e341f2469eb065285d2404e12228.jpg

As someone with 2 Touch & Go cards (Watsons T&G + the new NFC T&G) with validity date all the way till 2029, I am mildly offended that they are going to allow the use of Visa and Mastercard to pay tolls 😂

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmustsharenews.com%2Fmalaysia-toll-debit-credit

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged
On 3/31/2023 at 11:51 PM, BabyBlade said:

As someone with 2 Touch & Go cards (Watsons T&G + the new NFC T&G) with validity date all the way till 2029, I am mildly offended that they are going to allow the use of Visa and Mastercard to pay tolls 😂

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmustsharenews.com%2Fmalaysia-toll-debit-credit

No need to be offended yet.

As in all things Msia, believe it only when you see it.

Because 2024 can eventually be 2029 one. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic

Letting those bozos access my credit card? No thanks 

At most they can steal RM100 from my T&G card

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

On 4/1/2023 at 8:37 AM, Soya said:

Yeah I can only imagine sticking out the card to tap and a guy on motorbike just snatches it and rides away.

Grab and Go!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 4/1/2023 at 12:33 AM, Starry said:

No need to be offended yet.

As in all things Msia, believe it only when you see it.

Because 2024 can eventually be 2029 one. 

yeah siah.... another example their VEP for foreign cars, last time con many rush to put sticker and whatsnot, now people change car many times already then they still no sound no picture....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
On 4/1/2023 at 11:59 AM, Ahwhye said:

yeah siah.... another example their VEP for foreign cars, last time con many rush to put sticker and whatsnot, now people change car many times already then they still no sound no picture....

Now abang anwar say gotta call open tender wor

So crony not interested to come up w another easy money sucking scheme. For now

• Haha! 1

Supercharged

Same reason why I don't want to put my CC info into the Touch and Go e-wallet app for topping-up of the TnG card.

I still walk into 7-11 and use cash to top up the TnG card.  

• Praise 3

Will Malaysia share my data to Chinese Government?😜

Anwar got Red carpet treatment.... at China that's a red flag already🤣🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

On 4/1/2023 at 1:39 PM, Starry said:

Same reason why I don't want to put my CC info into the Touch and Go e-wallet app for topping-up of the TnG card.

I use youtrip to top-up ewallet, and but I only top-up my youtrip when I use it, so inside is like less than sgd50 most of the time.

I have no luck with 7-11 or watson, their system is always down whenever I want to top-up my old tng card, end up i just use the top-up machine found in some places.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 4/1/2023 at 4:02 PM, Ahwhye said:

I use youtrip to top-up ewallet, and but I only top-up my youtrip when I use it, so inside is like less than sgd50 most of the time.

I have no luck with 7-11 or watson, their system is always down whenever I want to top-up my old tng card, end up i just use the top-up machine found in some places.

Can use ATM if u hv local acct

• Praise 1

On 4/1/2023 at 1:39 PM, Starry said:

I link/add my utrip card to tng ewallet. Enable quick payment in tng app, then no need to topup ewallet in e tng app, when u use tng app to scan qr code to pay, it will directly deduct e exact amount fr your utrip card.

• Praise 3

Like you don't use your credit card at all in Malaysia meh? I more worried about using QR code transactions linked to my bank account than a credit card whose liability lies with the bank rather than your account... my card ever got scammed before, got 1000 plus British pounds deducted... I just call UOB and cancel lor... and then got a new card within 3 days... no big deal... 

• Praise 1

On 4/1/2023 at 2:04 PM, Atonchia said:

Will Malaysia share my data to Chinese Government?😜

Anwar got Red carpet treatment.... at China that's a red flag already🤣🤣

You visit China let them scan your whole passport details etc... still scared what? Ha ha...

• Haha! 1

Same lar... top up at 7-11 or Watson's is a myth now... most of them don't even have working top up terminals now...

↡ Advertisement