The Best Cooling Measures: Ice Cream! 😂

Carbon82

The ice cream saga sibeh power leh... :D:D

BMW Mini Ice Cream Is Only For Foreigners, Stock Price Plummeted: The Loss Is Equivalent To 460 Million Ice Creams!

30e43ea6-2505-4b2f-814e-86d0f73213f8.png

At the Shanghai Auto Show, netizens broke the news that the staff at the BMW Mini booth refused to distribute ice cream to Chinese visitors, claiming that it was gone, but then not only gave ice cream to foreigners, but two girls also thoughtfully taught foreigners how to eat it.

This kind of differential treatment caused dissatisfaction on the Internet. BMW officials later apologized, but did not quell the anger. This incident was not only fermented in China, but was even reported abroad.

As a result, BMW shares fell 3%.The market value has evaporated by 2.16 billion euros, or about 16.3 billion yuan,It can be said that a box of ice cream caused a murder, and the loss was great.

Many people have no idea about this loss, so it’s easy to understand if you switch to the Luneurs ice cream presented by BMW. The price of this store is not cheap, and a box costs 30 to 40 yuan.Some netizens calculated that the market value lost by BMW is enough to buy 460 million Luneurs ice cream, not to mention giving away a circle at the auto show, it is enough for BMW to invite 1/3 of the people in the country to eat ice cream.

The store also issued a statement before, denying that the staff belonged to their family. “The Luneurs brand did not participate in any on-site operations of BMW’s Mini brand activities during the Shanghai Auto Show. We are only a supplier of ice cream products. The two people who appeared in the video The staff and their specific services are not our responsibility and have nothing to do with this brand.”

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 14

Such responses from the Chinese is over blown and imo, over reacted.

So why have the Chinese reacted so negativity? A sense of inferiority and feeling belittled when compared to angmo??

I wonder what would happen if it's a Geneva car show and the ice cream were reserved for asian and not for locals, will the angmo reacted the same way??

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

On 4/22/2023 at 2:00 PM, Hamburger said:

So why have the Chinese reacted so negativity? A sense of inferiority and feeling belittled when compared to angmo??

I wonder what would happen if it's a Geneva car show and the ice cream were reserved for asian and not for locals, will the angmo reacted the same way??

i dun know also .

but i figure , if its a local sg car show, and they dun give me ice cream, and immediately give to a FW behind me, i figure they dun need do my business liao😂

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged
On 4/22/2023 at 2:00 PM, Hamburger said:

Well the Chinese consumer demands to be worshiped 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

On 4/22/2023 at 2:40 PM, Mkl22 said:

Well the Chinese consumer demands to be worshiped 

Concur!!

A sense of superiority that they are no more the 东亚病夫 they used to be and that angmo now also bow to them. Such suppressed emotion needs to be vented out when so triggered.

• Praise 6

Supercharged
On 4/22/2023 at 5:48 PM, Hamburger said:

Concur!!

A sense of superiority that they are no more the 东亚病夫 they used to be and that angmo now also bow to them. Such suppressed emotion needs to be vented out when so triggered.

Bro if freebie booth in SG only serve FT and tell you to get lost, you will still say no need to over react?

Have some basic EQ

• Haha! 1

On 4/22/2023 at 6:08 PM, t0y0ta said:

Bro if freebie booth in SG only serve FT and tell you to get lost, you will still say no need to over react?

Have some basic EQ

To each his own. 

I believe I am more than that. 

• Haha! 1

Have some basic EQ

Bro, don’t get trigger by any negative comments on PRC.

😜

• Haha! 1

Have some basic EQ

Unless they dun want my vote😂

Can only say this is a super PR disaster😅

How stupid can a marketing department be?

Don't give ice creams to local is telling them don't buy my car.

Only give to ang moh is saying only want ang moh to buy.

So not only the drivers but the company also like this!

:D

BMW.gif.3fe6a7c2ce46dff9561a2c78ee345682.gif

• Haha! 3

Supercharged

If this is a business decision, I guess seller does have some right to choose its buyers. 

If I'm not within the focused customer segment, why go gao guan their business? Unless I very gian their products; which in that case missing the ice-cream will not matter anyway;  😁  Or I very gian their ice-cream?  😂

Giving out ice-cream for a product promotion is different from a free-for-all event to clear stock.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4