...or this ritual also nobody care unless too near their real car...😅

laurel_chor_-_burning_joss_paper-16.webp

Don't forget the charger hor. :D

f67f464e-0b2b-4b1a-bfe7-2a7797e310c4.JPG

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 11

(edited)
On 5/10/2023 at 4:43 PM, Voodooman said:

With the heavy batteries, my friend said almost car like, agree or you still prefer an EV sedan?

Hi, I will say that it depends what is your previous car. If you have been driving 3 series, an EV SUV will still feel like a bus. (if it is just a 318i, then EV SUV will feel like a very fast bus)

If you have been driving an ICE SUV, you'll find EV SUV to have better handling and less body roll. I understand that because there is no massive engine in the front, the weight distribution is also better.

I went to Orchard Road this weekend, managed to park and charge DC in EV lot. I noticed that there were 2 PHEV 5-series using the AC charger in the other lots and message said "charging completed", guess its an easy way to finding parking rather than actually needing to charge 😀 

Edited by Erwin123
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
On 5/13/2023 at 11:10 AM, Lala81 said:

Oh... But when things fail with whatever electrical systems. They will be rather catastrophic failures involving lots of $$$. And it's virtually guaranteed that no one in sg can help you repair other than the AD. 

We don't have independent electric car workshops here. And never will cos it takes quite a lot of electrical knowledge and we don't have a enthusiast or hobbyist scene here. 

Same if you get a lemon car involving the electrical or software side. 

But the people owning ev right now are all fat wallet people. 小case

Yup, if there's a catastrophic failure of anything electrical or battery failure, you have to go back AD. 

Cannot say those who drive EVs now are all richie rich lah, plenty of Cat A EV models from MG, BYD, KIA, Hyundai etc. Not just the continental makes or Teslas. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 2

(edited)
On 5/14/2023 at 3:57 PM, Lethalstrike said:

Yup, if there's a catastrophic failure of anything electrical or battery failure, you have to go back AD. 

Cannot say those who drive EVs now are all richie rich lah, plenty of Cat A EV models from MG, BYD, KIA, Hyundai etc. Not just the continental makes or Teslas. 

There are a number of Electric Van on the road

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

On 5/14/2023 at 4:09 PM, inlinesix said:

There are a number of Electric Van on the road

It makes sense for some companies due to the the early turnover scheme and rebates for clean commercial vehicles. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 5/14/2023 at 12:05 PM, Erwin123 said:

Hi, I will say that it depends what is your previous car. If you have been driving 3 series, an EV SUV will still feel like a bus. (if it is just a 318i, then EV SUV will feel like a very fast bus)

If you have been driving an ICE SUV, you'll find EV SUV to have better handling and less body roll. I understand that because there is no massive engine in the front, the weight distribution is also better.

I went to Orchard Road this weekend, managed to park and charge DC in EV lot. I noticed that there were 2 PHEV 5-series using the AC charger in the other lots and message said "charging completed", guess its an easy way to finding parking rather than actually needing to charge 😀 

No idle charging penalty implemented for public chargers yet?

On 5/14/2023 at 8:27 PM, Soya said:

No idle charging penalty implemented for public chargers yet?

They will monitor!

anyway this one call

security to earn clamping $$

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 5/14/2023 at 8:32 PM, RadX said:

They will monitor!

anyway this one call

security to earn clamping $$

Still so manual? Thot after 15 min grace period when charging completed the idle fee would be like $1 per min 

• Praise 1

On 5/14/2023 at 8:39 PM, Soya said:

Still so manual? Thot after 15 min grace period when charging completed the idle fee would be like $1 per min 

Agree

this shd be implemented 

Supersonic
On 5/14/2023 at 8:41 PM, RadX said:

Agree

this shd be implemented 

$60/hr parking fee consperm hogging problem solved 

(edited)
On 5/12/2023 at 7:49 PM, Mkl22 said:

Wonder how the ADs are going to support their servicing department given that there are less things to break vs a ICE car. 
what’s there to service anyway. Maybe change brake fluid at most. I doubt one would even need to replace brake pads within 5years. 

Some older model EVs had issue with brake discs rusting cos brake pads barely being used! Kena have to change entire brake disc. More expensive. 

So on my EV, on/off, I still use normal braking. Downside of course is less Regen. But on my EV there is adaptive breaking, so on/off will still regen brake, overall economy is still OK.

Edited by nashstruck
  • Praise 3

On 5/13/2023 at 2:50 PM, RadX said:

They go for carrots like those aunty who “must svc one meh’

Last one that was from AD… , F10, 60k also they ask, “u never brake one ah”😂

You tell them you got brake... Engine brake.. 😂

Twincharged
On 5/15/2023 at 3:49 PM, nashstruck said:

Some older model EVs had issue with brake discs rusting cos brake pads barely being used! Kena have to change entire brake disc. More expensive. 

So on my EV, on/off, I still use normal braking. Downside of course is less Regen. But on my EV there is adaptive breaking, so on/off will still regen brake, overall economy is still OK.

Surprised that one can stop a car 100% on regen brakes. Must be driving like a super wuss! 

• Haha! 1

On 5/15/2023 at 10:38 PM, Mkl22 said:

Surprised that one can stop a car 100% on regen brakes. Must be driving like a super wuss! 

Some EVs the regen super strong one. Like BMW i3, literally don't need to step on brake pedal at all.

• Praise 1

On 5/15/2023 at 10:38 PM, Mkl22 said:

To the driver, it feels like 100% regenerative braking from the electric motor only. But actually its not. 

Most European marques do something which is known as regenerative brake blending aka combining braking from the electric motors as well as the actual mechanic brakes (discs + pads). The car is programmed to do this automatically without actual action from the driver, even if you set One Pedal Drive to ON. For instance, in certain situations in which a higher / more powerful rate of deceleration is needed (you're slowing down from a steep hill or u suddenly and totally lift off the accelerator pedal while on One Pedal Driving).

Most of the time the car will be programmed to use the electric motor to do the regen braking as much as possible to save the mechanical brakes, but it doesn't mean the mechanical brakes are left totally unused. On my car, the mechanical brakes are automatically programmed by the manufacturer to be "activated" periodically to clean the disc rotors and pads, even if I set One Pedal Drive to be ON permanently. 

• Praise 5

Figures stabilizing somewhat and getting abt 6km/kWh… decent

IMG_0137.jpeg

IMG_0136.png

• Praise 3

On 6/4/2023 at 12:21 PM, RadX said:

IMG_0137.png

IMG_0136.png

29 cents to go 6 plus km. Cheap cheap must drive more!

• Haha! 1

On 6/4/2023 at 12:21 PM, RadX said:

IMG_0137.png

IMG_0136.png

Looks like you do a lot of Regen.

↡ Advertisement