COE Bidding – May 2023 and new COE measures

ER-3682

Supercharged
On 5/9/2023 at 10:46 AM, Blueray said:

COE supply increase unlikely to cause significant price drop or deluge of cars on roads: Analysts

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/coe-supply-increase-impact-price-2166571

not I say wan. analysts say wan.

We also can be analysts here. They want us be think tank also can, but they don't take our suggestions. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

Supercharged
On 5/9/2023 at 8:36 AM, Kar_lover said:

Talk about kicking cans down the road, i am not sure what the point of bringing forward the future COEs that will be scrapped - wouldn't that mean that when that future comes, there will be less COEs returning to the market since some of them were pre-returned today? Isn't this going to cause more volatility later on? We are still 1:1 vehicle growth basis after all....

It's his way of offering an olive branch to the car market without impacting the zero growth policy. Take it or leave it.  😤 

• Haha! 1

On 5/9/2023 at 10:26 AM, inlinesix said:

Did anything change with the loss of Sengkang GRC?

Rome wasn't built in a day..

• Praise 3

On 5/9/2023 at 10:23 AM, Scion said:

got to say this COE thread is the hottest in recent months 😁

Bo bian... both cat COE >$100k a pop plus unprecedented prices increase in everything, the poor soul among us mundane folks r finally awaken, time change needs don't! 

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/9/2023 at 9:23 AM, Spidey10 said:

i was thinking they will come up with a plan like this - remove those PHV to a new cat and let them fight it out...for typical ordinary users should not be in the same cat as PHV lah...

No need to remove. PHVs pays 7 times more premium to reflect the 7-10 times more mileage per year. And they must be scrapped at year 7 with no parf and can take back 30% of the COE. 

• Praise 2

On 5/9/2023 at 11:04 AM, Spidey10 said:

like that also can....someone up there how can we get "pressed" :yeah-im-not-drunk:...actually is press hor...dun think can say no ler

I like to press also

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 5/9/2023 at 10:48 AM, Daniu82 said:

We also can be analysts here. They want us be think tank also can, but they don't take our suggestions. 

cos 4G no iron.

Hypersonic
(edited)

I say make Cat B fifty expensive.

Cat A moderate like PHV

and Cat F (Family) modest pricing.

Soak the rich that instead of washing car buy new one!

:D

Some of them change car faster than I change underwear.

I wear front then wear back then change inside out and wear front and then back again.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
On 5/9/2023 at 10:55 AM, Didu said:

It's his way of offering an olive branch to the car market without impacting the zero growth policy. Take it or leave it.  😤 

By pulling forward future COEs quota will actually create a temporary  growth, until those COE expire in a few years time.  By then, we will face a negative growth , more people will be scraping their cars than the available COEs, just imagine what will happen. Those who hope that COE will come down by 2025 will be disappointed , in fact COE may go up instead because of the demand higher than supply issue just from the group of people who scrap their cars alone. 

With the much higher new car price  due to higher arf, moving forward, people renewing COE at above 100k may be a norm, especially those in the CAT B segment.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/9/2023 at 11:34 AM, Ct3833 said:

By pulling forward future COEs quota will actually create a temporary  growth, until those COE expire in a few years time.  By then, we will face a negative growth , more people will be scraping their cars than the available COEs, just imagine what will happen. Those who hope that COE will come down by 2025 will be disappointed , in fact COE may go up instead because of the demand higher than supply issue just from the group of people who scrap their cars alone. 

That is their masterplan

• Sad 1

On 5/9/2023 at 11:42 AM, Mockngbrd said:

That is their masterplan

Aiyah u go marry Kim Lim la

and everyday drive her daddy car😂

On 5/9/2023 at 11:52 AM, RadX said:

Aiyah u go marry Kim Lim la

and everyday drive her daddy car😂

I will everyday drive her

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Stop discussing liao la. Suck it up and go top up your ez-link. Take train before 7.30am got discount, don’t say never jio 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 7

On 5/9/2023 at 12:06 PM, Fitmugen said:

Stop discussing liao la. Suck it up and go top up your ez-link. Take train before 7.30am got discount, don’t say never jio 

EZ-Link card value can be "earned" via Healthy365.

in addition, EZ-Link card can be capped at $120/mth.

Spending $120/mth on public transport is not ez hor.

• Praise 1

On 5/9/2023 at 12:58 PM, inlinesix said:

EZ-Link card value can be "earned" via Healthy365.

in addition, EZ-Link card can be capped at $120/mth.

Spending $120/mth on public transport is not ez hor.

Yes healthy lifestyle. Drive what car la, so unhealthy and pollute the air

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1